Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Why do you ignore the teaching of Jesus; maybe you are the victim of a false prophet.

Matthew 4:17 (NKJV)
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

Why does it offend you that Jesus would deliver this Gospel to those who were about to be brought back into the fold via the new covenant.

Matthew 10:5-7 (NKJV)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Mark 1:14-15 (NKJV)
14 Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

And you are offended that Jesus would deliver a message.

Luke 4:43 (NKJV)
43 but He said to them, "I must preach the kingdom of God to the other cities also, because for this purpose I have been sent."

The purpose Jesus was sent was to deliver the message that offends you to the lost sheep of Israel. Jesus is a stumbling block, and His name is the Law stretched tight.
I think this thread is like the Wye Wye bird who flies around in diminishing circles until it disappears up where the sun don't shine. I think this thread has gone that way. Maybe the OP should close it down now.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,764.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If you want to believe that then good for you. I guess that you are one of those who have "arrived" and have accessed what you believe is the righteousness of Christ. In my Bible, it is given as a free gift, but you might not have that version. Maybe you have a "righteousness" of Christ that you have earned through good works. In fact, it is not the righteousness of Christ that is given as a free gift, but your own righteousness disguised as the former. And we all know what our own righteousness is in the eyes of God.

I have a relationship with Jesus and from this I assume my works, righteousness, etc., are accepted. Paul is he only writer to use "free gift", Jesus used the term covenant; which gentiles abrogate and rewrite.

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,764.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I have no argument about your account of James. But you have no presented conclusive evidence that he and Paul were in conflict. From what I see in Acts, Paul was given the "stamp" of approval from James and the Apostles that he was called to be the apostle to the Gentiles. They accepted Paul's testimony of his meeting the Lord on the Damascus Road and his calling received from the Lord.

Is there conclusive evidence of anything, outside of some maths and science; and every mathematical theorem starts with an assumption. In one of the messages to the 7 churches one church is praised for testing apostles; how would they do that, I would not accept the angel of light event even if they did; testing Paul may have required time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,764.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
First, to the extent any of us has false beliefs, no matter how sincere we are, if we teach in accordance with those erroneous beliefs, we are false teachers. In that category, all men have erroneous beliefs. I am a man. You are a man. Charles Stanley is a man. To some extent, if we teach all our beliefs, we are going to be false teachers at some point.

I have been a false teacher. I have altered a number of my beliefs since I started teaching 30 plus years ago. Some of what I taught then as "fact" I now know to be "error". Getting to truth is a process, not a destination. He will continue to perfect us until His coming. I haven't arrived, nor has Charles Stanley.

I think there is a difference between false beliefs; some are unto death and some are not serious, some are in between; we hear that salvation is not by works, and that could be true depending on what is meant by works; salvation is not by academic skill; not that academic skills are necessarily bad. We are required to grow into harvestable fruit, wrong ideas need not impede that, but following men lead to the ditch, following Jesus, even with error the Holy spirit can do His job.

Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think there is a difference between false beliefs; some are unto death and some are not serious, some are in between; we hear that salvation is not by works, and that could be true depending on what is meant by works; salvation is not by academic skill; not that academic skills are necessarily bad. We are required to grow into harvestable fruit, wrong ideas need not impede that, but following men lead to the ditch, following Jesus, even with error the Holy spirit can do His job.

I agree... with all of what you have to say here

Upvote 0

MJFlores

Mar 22, 2017
Philippines
✟19,304.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What constitutes what is false and what is true?
It is either all are false and none is true
or
All are false except one which is true

one truth.jpg

So what is this one truth?

Ephesians 4:4-6 New International Version (NIV)

There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

one body = the church = Ephesians 5:23, Ephesians 5:29, Colossians 1:18, Colossians 1:24

We really have to face the truth.

Upvote 0