Tennessee
✟21,217.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
talk about eclectic tastes;)
lol yeah :)
I'm hard to please when it comes to movies just because I do not have the attention span to sit and watch them - so when I find favorites I watch them over and over I also enjoy Shrek, The Mummy, and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
lol yeah :)
I'm hard to please when it comes to movies just because I do not have the attention span to sit and watch them - so when I find favorites I watch them over and over I also enjoy Shrek, The Mummy, and the Pirates of the Caribbean movies

I love those movies too
As I really love them more
On the big screen than at home
Seeing that on there.

Upvote 0

SwirlingEd

Dec 1, 2005
Fairview, TX
✟413.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Finally bit the bullet and watched Atonement. Wanted to hate it, but it was incredible.

Also, best recent/recentish films are Juno and Transformers. Awesomesauce!

Atonement was indeed good.

You liked Transformers, but not Cloverfield???!!! GM, it is fortunate that you are a Karl Pilkington fan, or we might have to part ways ;) :p

Transformers was so goofy and poorly written, IMHO. Yes, the effects were good, but that does not a good movie make.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
has anyone seen the Spiderwick Chronicles yet? I know it just came out, but just wondering. The grandboys have asked me very nicely to take them to it - the reviews have been good., but wouldn't mind some personal input if available.

edie:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
another one of my favorites was just on t.v. (have to love satellite t.v. due to all the movie channel options).

Anyhow - Mr. Holland's Opus
Always makes me think of the few teachers who so greatly impacted my life that even 34 years after graduating from high school I remember then with deepest respect.

With the exception of The Goodbye Girl, probably Richard Dreyfuss' best movie.

Guess I should put The Goodbye Girl on my list too:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

edie19

Legend
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I like Gary Sinese, too, but his best films have been the ones where he starred with Tom Hanks.

I hadn't thought of that, but in retrospect
Apollo 13
Forrest Gump
The Green Mile

can't argue with any of them being excellent movies - diverse roles for both men in all three movies.

But, my favorite Gary Sinese role is one of his earliest. . . . I'd go all the way back to George in Of Mice and Men (my favorite Steinbeck book).

Couple of other things I respect about him - he's been married to the same woman for >25 years (almost unheard of in Hollywood these days). Also, he's one of the founders of Operation Iraqi Children - an organization which distributes school supplies, clothes, backpacks, blankets, sports equipment to Iraqi (and now other) children. OIC organizes everything and the US troops assist with the distribution. Excellent charity.

Now back to movie talk:thumbsup:

Upvote 0