NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Best epic movie - "Lawrence of Arabia"

some things made me chuckle
for example - there were at least 3 John Wayne movies in the top 10 westerns (well duh:doh:) and 3 Alfred Hitchcock movies in the top 10 mystery movies (an even bigger duh:doh:)

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Dark Knight. is. awesome! It's amazing, though, in that it shows how much the world has changed. Like, back when Jack Nicholson was the Joker, and Batman was considered "dark" then, but looking at it now, it was verging on cartoony. We've definitely become desensitized to "darkness" :( But it's still a fab film. Turns everyone who watches it into a 13 year old boy :D

Ooh! Also, watched Facing the Giants yesterday. That was a very, very, very lovely film :)

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Dark Knight. is. awesome! It's amazing, though, in that it shows how much the world has changed. Like, back when Jack Nicholson was the Joker, and Batman was considered "dark" then, but looking at it now, it was verging on cartoony. We've definitely become desensitized to "darkness" :( But it's still a fab film. Turns everyone who watches it into a 13 year old boy :D

I went to Dark Knight alone and decided against taking my oldest (12) to see it~~I walked out of there chilled by the Joker's performance; it really was something to see...the Batman dude wasn't too bad either ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to Dark Knight alone and decided against taking my oldest (12) to see it~~I walked out of there chilled by the Joker's performance; it really was something to see...the Batman dude wasn't too bad either ;)
Amazing perfomance, wasn't it. If he wins a posthumous Oscar, it wouldn't be a surprise, really. Makes his death more poignant, too, in some ways :(

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amazing perfomance, wasn't it. If he wins a posthumous Oscar, it wouldn't be a surprise, really. Makes his death more poignant, too, in some ways :(

I hadn't seen many of Ledger's movies~guess The Patriot was it, so I didn't know what to expect: wow is all I can say~what's creepier is that here's a character that didn't have any "special" powers or anything-he was just crazy...beyond totally and into utterly..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jim47

Heaven Bound
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2004
Michigan
✟46,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ain'tcha kinda old fer them comicbook movies ;)

20 years ago I would have thought the same thing, but when I watched the TV special I changed my mind. It was really well done and good entertainment.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
20 years ago I would have thought the same thing, but when I watched the TV special I changed my mind. It was really well done and good entertainment.

Sounds like someone might have been a comicbook fan in his early years;)

I read tons of them-friend did all the buying too:thumbsup: ~mostly XMen (before anyone ever heard of them), Avengers, FF4,--Marvel stuff..neat sharing it now with my sons-I get the reprints of those 70/s & 80/s comics in graphic novels--the new stuff makes me flinch it's so raw..

Upvote 0