Visit site
✟9,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Let's see. For starters, I'd like to spend a Saturday night on a forum, sort-of like this one, searching for sexy virgin threads without any posts on them, so I can be the first to respond. The best dates I've been on involved mysterious forum members with hidden identitties, after much forum foreplay. I guess I'd try to impress them with my limitless wit and mispelled entindres. :D

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Book stores. If you are capable of browsing the book sections of thrift stores for three hours, we're ready to take our friendship to the next level. :p

Bonus points if you're willing to peruse the romance section with me, and make snarky comments about the titles and cover illustrations. :satisfied:

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
On my POF profile it reads.....

First Date

I will pick you up in my Jeep where we will drive around and hit mail box's with baseball bats and shoot street signs with shotguns. We will then go get the best burger in town at Patrick's Hamburger and get a double cheese burger, large fry and a large Dr.Pepper where we will set back and talk for awhile. We will then go to the drive in and make out in the back of my Jeep for a couple of hours.

In reality the first date with me is just go get something to eat so we can talk and see if we like each other and try and read what they are like. Think my next date will be at the ball field where we can talk and watch the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Book stores. If you are capable of browsing the book sections of thrift stores for three hours, we're ready to take our friendship to the next level. :p

Bonus points if you're willing to peruse the romance section with me, and make snarky comments about the titles and cover illustrations. :satisfied:

You remind me so much of my younger brother. This is something he would say. He is doing his Ph.D in English (and has a minor in history).

Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
On my POF profile it reads.....
Heyyyyy.... if you want to be a Jesuit priest so badly, get off POF....

114169_340.jpg

...and get thee to a seminary. :p

You remind me so much of my younger brother. This is something he would say. He is doing his Ph.D in English (and has a minor in history).
Now that is a compliment. Thank you very much. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Heyyyyy.... if you want to be a Jesuit priest so badly, get off POF....

...and get thee to a seminary. :p

lol, It is an old POF which I deleted awhile back.

I did not go on any dates on POF as most are too easy but I use to get a lot of laughs with my account.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private

Good article but that is nothing.

Back in my teenage years my house was filled with all the hot girls from school. This was back in like 84 and 85 but my sister and her friends were the hot girls and back then Pizza Hut use to say 30 minutes or less or its free. This was before we even had a Dominos.

I felt so sorry for the pizza delivery boys back then. They would pull in and 4 or 5 hot girls would run out there to his car and tell the guy that it was 31 minutes and they get the pizza for free when it was actually only 20 minutes or so. The guys were so nervous around the hot popular girls that he would shy away and back off and give them the pizza free.

They only did it a few times but I could not believe they could get away with it but that's part of being a hot chick I guess, they get what they want.

Reactions: graciesings
Upvote 0

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Good article but that is nothing.

Back in my teenage years my house was filled with all the hot girls from school. This was back in like 84 and 85 but my sister and her friends were the hot girls and back then Pizza Hut use to say 30 minutes or less or its free. This was before we even had a Dominos.

I felt so sorry for the pizza delivery boys back then. They would pull in and 4 or 5 hot girls would run out there to his car and tell the guy that it was 31 minutes and they get the pizza for free when it was actually only 20 minutes or so. The guys were so nervous around the hot popular girls that he would shy away and back off and give them the pizza free.

They only did it a few times but I could not believe they could get away with it but that's part of being a hot chick I guess, they get what they want.
Ahhhh, wow. That's terrible! ^_^

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love going out to eat, but I also hate eating in front of others. It's sort of an anxiety thing with me. Not a big one, mind you, but I do just a little anxious just being in a restaurant with others until I really know the person. I don't have much experience dating, but the best one I ever had was at the movies. She sat really close, we held hands and enjoyed a good movie. She later wanted to sleep with me, which ended things right there.

They say not to go to a movie early in the relationship because you don't get a chance to sit and talk and get to know them. Oops lol. But it depends on the type of person you are. A good date for me would be going to play paintball or 4-wheeling through the woods. I like to be active. But I'm also good staying at home and watching a movie.

Upvote 0

KandiJo

Adopted and Chosen
Apr 25, 2015
Arizona
✟17,733.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I love going out to eat, but I also hate eating in front of others. It's sort of an anxiety thing with me. Not a big one, mind you, but I do just a little anxious just being in a restaurant with others until I really know the person.

Mines anxiety too. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if it wasn't for the fact that when I was younger my mom told me I looked ugly while chewing. So now I can't do it until I know people. It causes to much anxiety.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I CANNOT do eating on a first date. I hate eating in front of people. It feels awkward. Once I get to know them I am okay with it, but until then it is just plain awkward and weird.

My ex took me to a tapas bar on our first date, and while it was a very good first date (we spent the whole day walking around a city neither of us knew) that part made me uncomfortable. Especially that out of all the places we could have gone, it was tapas, eating in front of someone while a very enthusiastic waiter always induces the giggles in me. Then he wouldn't let me pay, which made me feel even more awkward as he wouldn't let me pay for anything. I get why people feel they should do that, but it makes me paranoid that they think they have to pay.

Answering the OP

I'm not very good with dates. They either occur by chance, or we only meant to meet up for coffee and it turns into a much longer experience. I like that. Just walking around, chatting, dropping off at places here and there for a drink. I think I've mentioned it before, but my favourite date also incorporated the whole tapas incident. We started off with coffee, walked around the market and browsed the second hand book stall (which was fabulous, talking to the vendor, getting recommendations, all that fun stuff), walked around the city looking at the buildings, walked around the park, talked about life, lots of laughter, lots of forgetting how fast time flies. I like that.

In fact all of my favourite date experiences involved meeting up and walking around. One person I met walking home from work, and he kept meeting me saying he was walking in the same direction anyway. One day we walked a bit further, along the prom, and he said that was our first date. That was nice. Another we were not supposed to be on a date, we were just meeting up as friends. It ended up a date, but again it was lots of walking around and chatting.

What I'm taking from this is that I'm a cheap date financially, but very time demanding. I have not had a date that did not last 4-9 hours :sorry:. Perhaps things will be different now that I do not have the luxury of time, I shall have to get to grips with short dates that do not involve walking outside!

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mines anxiety too. Which wouldn't be a huge issue if it wasn't for the fact that when I was younger my mom told me I looked ugly while chewing. So now I can't do it until I know people. It causes to much anxiety.

Haha, I don't really feel this anxiety for the most part, but you have to love it when your date stares at you and comments on how much you are eating (I think he thought that normal women only pick at their food). I almost choked and purposely left half my food on my plate. I now keep this in mind, and eat very little when I am on a first date. Perhaps the wisest course of action is to order a glass of water and a green salad, lol.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Eating is a big part of who I am, since I'm always ravenously hungry after one of my intense long runs, so I have no problem stuffing my face in front of a girl even for the first time.
Lol
I love going to a restaurant. I don't get good food often so I act like a hungry wolve when I come there.

Upvote 0