Narnia
✟10,488.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wow wow wow, ease up everyone, who are we to judge? You cant straight out condemn someone because you feel like they are a fake. Have any of you ever met him? or gone to one of his crusades? I have read his book and i found no fault in it at all. He may have strayed from the path over the last few years but who doesnt? He preaches about Jesus, how false can he be?

Upvote 0

Peterthepebble

Sep 29, 2004
✟15,299.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I concur, we are to quick to judge, and I hold my hand up in the case of Peter Popoff, but then again I have had first hand experiences with the way his "ministry" operates.
However I have not seen anything recently to suggest that Benny Hinn is of the same cloth as Peter Popoff, maybe more sophisticated, I don't know.

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Hey all how are you?

I heard many times about this guy, and I HAVE seen this guy perform miracles/heal disabled people in the name of Jesus on my TV.

...because if it's on TV, it must be true!

However, for some reason his love of money makes me want to research more about him, plus, my priest says that he is not "real"

So im just wondering, is he real? God's chosen person or he is the "false-prophet"

He's a flaming heretic and false prophet and unless he repents and puts his faith in Christ, he's going to be tossed into the Lake of Fire with all of the other false teachers.

He MIGHT be fake because even though he healed people, I heard even Satans can heal people right?

What are the names of the people he "healed"? What are the names of the doctors who provided confirmation of these healings?

What about the people who have died after being convinced that Hinn healed them?

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
First time to post on this section, but let me say that if any TV preacher claims to be able to heal, then I say they need to go down to the childrens cancer hospitals and start healing all those little kids who are dying of cancer. That would be proof much more than paying someone to go on their stage and rise out of a wheel chair.

Funny story about that. In his book, "Good Morning Holy Spirit", Hinn claims to have gone to a hospital in Sault St. Marie up in Michigan to hold a "miracle healing service" and not only was everyone in the hospital healed, but the "annointing" was so strong that even people just walking past the hospital were healed.

Just one problem: it never happened. Upon investigation by the Trinity Foundation, an organization that checks up on faith healers, the administrators of the hospital not only had no record of the event, but pointed out that the hospital Hinn named is a Catholic hospital and, as such, any non-Catholic minister would have to get special permission to come into the hospital from the Cardinal, which never happened.

On a lighter note, in the same book, Hinn also claimed that God "miraculously" cancelled an NHL hockey game between the Philadelphia Flyers and Florida Panthers so that Hinn could hold a crusade in that auditorium. Again, just one problem: it never happened. Not only do NHL records show that the game went on as scheduled (sorry, Philly fans, the Flyers lost), but even Hinn later admitted that his crusades are not done on the spur of the moment, but take many months to plan in advance.

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Unfortunately Benny Hinn is a fraud. You'd be surprised; finding out is as easy as a Google or YouTube search. Not only are his healing unsubstantiated, but there's many times too that his teachings are completely contrary to Bible (nine members of the Trinity, Adam could fly, talking to deceased evangelists in visions such as Kathryn Kuhlman).

Too many heresies to list here, but none of them worse than the diabolical "born again Jesus" heresy.

Oh, almost forgot about the "little gods" and "I am Benny Jehovah" nonsense.

You sounded one good alarm; his love for money. That's a legit warning sign :) Even to this day, seems whenever I watch him on TV, it all comes down to money, somehow getting the message to substantiate an offering.

Yeah, we've come a long way from "Silver and gold have I none, but such as I have I give to you: in the name of Jesus Christ rise and walk", haven't we?

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
wow wow wow, ease up everyone, who are we to judge?

In Matthew 7, Jesus said "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

How can we beware of false prophets, know that they are ravening wolves, or judge their fruits unless we judge their teachings, their prophecies and their actions?

You cant straight out condemn someone because you feel like they are a fake.

Actually, we can and we're commanded to:

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of that person and do not associate with him, so that he will be put to shame.

Titus 3:10 Reject a factious man after a first and second warning,

2 John 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;

Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

Have any of you ever met him?

No.

I have read his book and i found no fault in it at all.

Which book?

He may have strayed from the path over the last few years but who doesnt?

First of all, there are many, many, who haven't.

Second, so what? Why are we to abandon our Biblical responsibility to judge teachers and their teachings just because somebody else is teaching heresies, too. If somebody else is doing it, that doesn't let Hinn off the hook. It just means that we need to address those other heresies, too.

He preaches about Jesus, how false can he be?

So then, you're cool with Mormonism, too?

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Rose_bud said:
Interesting... But who are we to judge or who are we even to condemn

In Matthew 7, Jesus said "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them."

How can we beware of false prophets, know that they are ravening wolves, or judge their fruits unless we judge their teachings, their prophecies and their actions?

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of that person and do not associate with him, so that he will be put to shame.

2 John 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house, and do not give him a greeting;

Romans 16:17 Now I urge you, brethren, keep your eye on those who cause dissensions and hindrances contrary to the teaching which you learned, and turn away from them.

pray for the man if you feel this strongly about him... he too is fallible..

Fallible is one thing, but Hinn has been corrected many, many times, and still continues to preach heresies.

Better to address his heresies and pray for his victims.

Upvote 0

Rose_bud

Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...
Apr 9, 2010
South Africa
✟32,240.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Fallible is one thing, but Hinn has been corrected many, many times, and still continues to preach heresies.

Better to address his heresies and pray for his victims.

I thank the Lord for your watchful eye.

I didn't know he has been corrected or that he thinks he is beyond correction... But no-one is beyond prayer. I wonder what would have happened if someone thought that you and I were beyond prayer.

Upvote 0

Dionysiou

Feb 2, 2010
Narnia
✟10,488.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Actually, we can and we're commanded to:

No.

Which book?

First of all, there are many, many, who haven't.

Second, so what? Why are we to abandon our Biblical responsibility to judge teachers and their teachings just because somebody else is teaching heresies, too. If somebody else is doing it, that doesn't let Hinn off the hook. It just means that we need to address those other heresies, too.

So then, you're cool with Mormonism, too?

I read no verse that said to judge or condemn him. If he is insulting God and hurting people than those people will be compensated and he will be punished. Is the Holy Spirit behind your conviction? Or are your emotions dictating your words.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Dionysiou said:
I read no verse that said to judge or condemn him.

OK. I just showed you several (which you just quoted back to me), but if you want to ignore them, then that's up to you.

If he is insulting God and hurting people than those people will be compensated and he will be punished.

And what about our obligation to speak up for the truth and to warn them?

Is the Holy Spirit behind your conviction? Or are your emotions dictating your words.

Nope. It's not an emotional thing. It's based on Christ's command to stand up for the Gospel, to discern truth from error, and to judge those things we hear and those who teach them.

Out of curiousity, do you believe in church discipline?

And I also noticed that you completely ignored all of my questions, even though I tried to be respectful to you by answering all of yours. Why do you suppose that is?

Upvote 0

Dionysiou

Feb 2, 2010
Narnia
✟10,488.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK. I just showed you several (which you just quoted back to me), but if you want to ignore them, then that's up to you.

And what about our obligation to speak up for the truth and to warn them?

Nope. It's not an emotional thing. It's based on Christ's command to stand up for the Gospel, to discern truth from error, and to judge those things we hear and those who teach them.

Out of curiousity, do you believe in church discipline?

And I also noticed that you completely ignored all of my questions, even though I tried to be respectful to you by answering all of yours. Why do you suppose that is?

You need to learn the definition of judge and condemn. Also why are you placing words into the scriptures that are simply not there? Those scriptures you quoted on correction and rejection, i read them and not one word says "judge" or "condemn" why are you putting words into Gods mouth? You can test his fruits and see wether they are good or bad and then you reject him(not judgement). Dont judge him because you said yourself, you dont even know him, haven't ever met him. To condemn someone is to pronounce they are wrong or wicked. Again you don't know this, you cannot weigh his heart. As for your questions, you can speak up and tell people your opinion of him, of course you can. Also you could have evidence to back it up. Even then though you do not judge him. Church discipline is necessary but were you assigned to discipline him? Since you haven't even met him i struggle to see how you could be the one to discipline. You are only making judgement calls and pronouncing your opinion as the Truth, which sounds very presumptuous. Oh and as a side note you said before that there are many who haven't strayed from the path. That is wrong because every man and woman has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So yes everybody has strayed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
You need to learn the definition of judge and condemn.

And you need to open a Bible.

Also why are you placing words into the scriptures that are simply not there? Those scriptures you quoted on correction and rejection, i read them and not one word says "judge" or "condemn" why are you putting words into Gods mouth?

I'm not. Why are you making false claims about what I said?

You can test his fruits and see wether they are good or bad and then you reject him(not judgement).

And how do we reject him without judging him first?

Dont judge him because you said yourself, you dont even know him, haven't ever met him.

I don't have to have met him. He has chosen to make his teachings, his writings, his television show, his words, and his deeds public.

To condemn someone is to pronounce they are wrong or wicked. Again you don't know this, you cannot weigh his heart.

Actually, I do know that he is wicked because the Bible pronounces any who preaches a false Gospel as wicked.

As for your questions, you can speak up and tell people your opinion of him, of course you can. Also you could have evidence to back it up. Even then though you do not judge him.

So then, I can tell them my opinion, I just can't tell them what the Bible says?

Church discipline is necessary

So then how do you discipline someone without judging them?

You are only making judgement calls and pronouncing your opinion as the Truth, which sounds very presumptuous.

Actually, the dozen or so verses are not my opinion, but God's opinion.

Oh and as a side note you said before that there are many who haven't strayed from the path. That is wrong because every man and woman has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So yes everybody has strayed.

And here, you're being dishonest. You know very well that I said that not every preacher has "strayed from the path" (honestly, do you get all of your lingo from watching Elmer Gantry on TCM late at night?) only in the context of preaching sound doctrine, not that not all men have sinned.

Please try to be honest about what I said.

Out of curiousity before I go, what seminary is your degree from?

Upvote 0

Dionysiou

Feb 2, 2010
Narnia
✟10,488.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think our interpretations are different. I still see no "judging" or "condemning" in those verses.
Also
"He's a flaming heretic and false prophet and unless he repents and puts his faith in Christ, he's going to be tossed into the Lake of Fire with all of the other false teachers". That is judging and condemning the man, no good.

Now you "discern" his teaching or "test" his words and see wether or not they stand in line with the bible. Then you come to your conclusion and reject him or otherwise. There is no judgement involved during the process.

Cant say that i know of any false gospel he is spreading, but ill look into it.

Tell people what the bible says, theres no objection here.

If you are in a place to discipline him then i would pull him aside and tell him the concerns that i have about him. You don't hate the person you hate the sin.

As for the Elmer Gantry statement lol i cant say i know who that is.
I misinterpreted what you meant about the "strayed from the path" part. Sorry bout that.

I have no degree at all, maybe one day. I have to say though, i really like your zeal and no nonsense attitude. Keep up the good fight mate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums