Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
NatsumiLam said:
but we also gotta ask where our leaders line up with God and if their prophecies that they claim are in the name of God are true. so we dont submit ourselves under false prophets and teachers.

~natsumi Lam~

John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

We don't have to ask ourselves... if we are Gods sheep.. we should know His voice.. We should know who is and who is not of God..

Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

Upvote 0

NatsumiLam

Natsumi [rearranged] = Tsunami
Jun 18, 2006
In my house
✟18,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
peacechild4 said:
John 10:4
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.

We don't have to ask ourselves... if we are Gods sheep.. we should know His voice.. We should know who is and who is not of God..

Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?

what ? i wasnt talking about if we are God's sheep. I am saying.. before we submit ourselves under a leader[another man or woman] we should find out by prayer and examination who his leader is.

Yes some people have some nice looking fruit but they have worms in it.

~Natsumi Lam~

Upvote 0

EyezOFire

Jun 29, 2006
✟8,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I like Benny Hinn and before I was saved I used to make fun of TV evanglists and I thought they were a bunch of crooks especially after Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart. Then God started working on my heart and telling me it's not about the money you send. It's if I tell you to send it and you're obdient to do it, Think about! It's God's money and we are stewards. Even though the men were misusing the money doesnt mean the people didnt get blessed. I'm going to say something that may sound a bit off but please bear with me. Say God told you to send $$$ to a Jim Bakker or Benny Hinn, and say CNN does a story that exposes Benny Hinn misusing the $$ people send to him. Gods not going to hold you accountable for being a bad steward. You gave because he laid it on your heart, and for that you will be rewarded. It goes deeper, because God forknew that the person would misuse the money, be caught, and be turned to repentance. The dollar that you sent may have aided that Jim Bakker or Benny Hinn back into his walk with Christ. Our God is much bigger than our minds and his thoughts are not our thoughts...

PS Abt Benny Hinn: you cannot waive your hand or blow into a mic and 75% percent of a stadium filled with thousands of people falling down lie dominos. No one but the power of God can do that ;)

Upvote 0

ChowdersMom

Sep 4, 2005
Ohio
✟1,766.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Yes, EyezOFire. It's all about obedience to God. We should never be giving money based on how we FEEL about any man or woman or cause, but only in obedience to God's direction, no matter how weird it may seem to us.

I was told by God to give to the PTL group AFTER Jim Bakker's fall! I was definitely taken back a bit and confused, but the Lord showed me there were faithful employees there who were innocent and were devastated by the trouble and they still needed to be taken care of.

Don't listen to anybody but the Holy Spirit inside you. And BE OBEDIENT!

EyezOFire said:
I like Benny Hinn and before I was saved I used to make fun of TV evanglists and I thought they were a bunch of crooks especially after Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggart. Then God started working on my heart and telling me it's not about the money you send. It's if I tell you to send it and you're obdient to do it, Think about! It's God's money and we are stewards. Even though the men were misusing the money doesnt mean the people didnt get blessed. I'm going to say something that may sound a bit off but please bear with me. Say God told you to send $$$ to a Jim Bakker or Benny Hinn, and say CNN does a story that exposes Benny Hinn misusing the $$ people send to him. Gods not going to hold you accountable for being a bad steward. You gave because he laid it on your heart, and for that you will be rewarded. It goes deeper, because God forknew that the person would misuse the money, be caught, and be turned to repentance. The dollar that you sent may have aided that Jim Bakker or Benny Hinn back into his walk with Christ. Our God is much bigger than our minds and his thoughts are not our thoughts...

PS Abt Benny Hinn: you cannot waive your hand or blow into a mic and 75% percent of a stadium filled with thousands of people falling down lie dominos. No one but the power of God can do that ;)

Upvote 0

EyezOFire

Jun 29, 2006
✟8,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
semperfi_psalm121 said:
I'm sorry but God is not going to tell someone to send money to someone who is not real and abuses money. That thought to me is insane. I give money where I am fed, but thats just me I guess.
I was not implying that, What I was saying is that the money people sent still ended up being a blessing to other people and it was still used for Gods ultimate purpose. Paul said some preach Christ out of rightenous and others after selfish reasons, But it makes no difference as long as Christ is preached. That's still true today and we have to let God judge the hearts of TV preachers "real" and "phony" alike. Say in the future God does ask you to sow into a ministry then 10 years down the road, the pastor is caught in a public scandal. Would you have known he's "real" at the beginning ??? Of course not ! Only God does, your job is to be obedient...

Gods heart is to see preachers who fall publicly restored in a right relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I just watched a teaching by Benny Hinn and was so encouraged by it that I hoped my parents would sit and watch it with me... Benny was teaching on the bible!! Using scriptures and making it so understandable..
My parents just see the things he does and won't accept Benny at all.. I was sad.. they are Christians.. But I had my bible... in front of the TV making notes and searching the scriptures... amazing that this goes to air and is televised over the world.. teaching.. amen Halleuiah..
Oh Lord open our eyes and open our ears.. Your ways are not our ways and Your thoughts are not our thoughts.. I keep thinking of John the Baptist out there.. not all his ways were understood by the world.. but boy did he have a mesage..
God does not judge by outward appearences nor by our failures which are under the blood.. but by our heart.. and what comes out of it..

Upvote 0

ChowdersMom

Sep 4, 2005
Ohio
✟1,766.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I so agree, EyezOFire. Jim Bakker has been restored and is ministering again, in all humility. God is the Master of restoration. :clap:

EyezOFire said:
What I was saying is that the money people sent still ended up being a blessing to other people and it was still used for Gods ultimate purpose. Paul said some preach Christ out of rightenous and others after selfish reasons, But it makes no difference as long as Christ is preached. That's still true today and we have to let God judge the hearts of TV preachers "real" and "phony" alike. Say in the future God does ask you to sow into a ministry then 10 years down the road, the pastor is caught in a public scandal. Would you have known he's "real" at the beginning ??? Of course not ! Only God does, your job is to be obedient...

Gods heart is to see preachers who fall publicly restored in a right relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

ChowdersMom

Sep 4, 2005
Ohio
✟1,766.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
peacechild4 said:
Oh Lord open our eyes and open our ears.. Your ways are not our ways and Your thoughts are not our thoughts.. I keep thinking of John the Baptist out there.. not all his ways were understood by the world.. but boy did he have a mesage..
God does not judge by outward appearences nor by our failures which are under the blood.. but by our heart.. and what comes out of it..

:amen: and :amen:

And don't give up with your parents, Peacechild. I pray that the Word of God will be heard and received, regardless of whose mouth it comes out of, as it goes into the atmosphere at your house.

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

semperfi_psalm121

May 18, 2006
Dallas, TX
✟7,806.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yeah I agree with you, BUT we have to be careful. Also I do think that we should have discernment on who is fake and real. Question is not every christian believes the same about everybody. Here is the kicker that I have been convicted about since starting this thread: Everybody no matter what they do, who they are, where they live, how they live are valuable to God. I am now trying to view everybody I see or talk to, to realize that that person matters to God no matter how I feel about them.

Upvote 0

NatsumiLam

Natsumi [rearranged] = Tsunami
Jun 18, 2006
In my house
✟18,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
personally .. it is up to him if he wants to be showy..... but when he starts making, not one, not two... but more than that.... statements that he says in the name of the Lord.. and none of those come to pass. That is what i care. His show is his show.

~Natsumi Lam~

Upvote 0

EyezOFire

Jun 29, 2006
✟8,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can all miss it, (hearing God) especially in prophetic ministry- if you miss it delivers you from the Fear of Man. We are all learning even Benny Hinn, and I dont think he would say it if it's not from God, he's in a pretty big position and is accountable for alot. God has used his ministry and it's evident there is some fruit.

Upvote 0
Feb 21, 2003
Manchester
Visit site
✟13,683.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
EyezOFire said:
We can all miss it, (hearing God) especially in prophetic ministry- if you miss it delivers you from the Fear of Man. We are all learning even Benny Hinn, and I dont think he would say it if it's not from God, he's in a pretty big position and is accountable for alot. God has used his ministry and it's evident there is some fruit.

No, you completely miss what The Apostle Peter says in 2 Peter 1:20-21

Above all, you must understand that no prophecy came about by the prophet's own interpretation.
For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

Basically, all prophecy is from god. All prophecy that has been given a date certain in time MUST be filled at that time.

When Benny Hinn says that God will destroy or that certain people will die before a certain date, if that prophecy doesn't come to fruition, then that prophecy didn't come from God at all, and to say so is blasphemy!

God did not tell Benny Hinn that before the end of 94-95, that He would destroy the Homosexual community in America, He did not tell Benny Hinn that fidel Casro would die in the 90's, and He most certainly did not tell Him the other umpteen false prophecies Benny Hinn has made and said it was God telling Him that.

No, Benny Hinn is one of the people Peter says in Chapter 2

But there were also false prophets in Israel, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will cleverly teach their destructive heresies about God and even turn against their Master who bought them. Theirs will be a swift and terrible end. Many will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of them, Christ and his true way will be slandered. In their greed they will make up clever lies to get hold of your money. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction is on the way.

Benny Hinn is a clever false prophet, who knows exactly what to say to people to tickle their ears in order to get them to send money to him.

All those who believe Benny Hinn to be a Good teacher, best be beaware that all false prophets knew what to say if they wanted something, even if it included saying something they could get from Scripture.

Satan isn't stupid, and neither are those that are with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EyezOFire

Jun 29, 2006
✟8,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I understand your point, Benny Hinn isnt teaching Heresy or doctrines of demons. He gave a word that didnt come to pass, doesnt mean he is a false prophet. Or God doesnt love him, or he's the antichrist. All it means is he it didnt take the time to take it before the Lord and wait to share a weighty word like that. That could've been his immaturity in that area. Maybe he's grown since then, I hope so. I dont believe Benny Hinn hates homosexuals, or anyone else. Even if Benny Hinn did that's for God to deal with in His heart. He might have walked off the stage and reallized all of that came out of the flesh, and repented.

And I say this with love bro that even though you may not agree with Benny Hinn, you still are commanded to love him. He still is a brother in the Lord.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God \0/ even Benny Hinn.. even me..

It amazes me that people keep talking about this man.. when this is a healing ministry thread.. false prophet or not.. People come here with genuine concerns.. pray for them.. call out to God to save us from false prophets...

A genuine warning is good.. yes.. but that warning has already been given here.. Benny Hinn right now is still doing what he is doing.. Pray for him... pray for us.. pray for any being decieved..

I can tell you that Benny Hinn made me want to seek God with all my heart.. and get more serious about seeing people saved and healed.. and receiving all God has to give...

If he is a false prophet.. well God blessed me through him!!

Upvote 0

semperfi_psalm121

May 18, 2006
Dallas, TX
✟7,806.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God \0/ even Benny Hinn.. even me..

It amazes me that people keep talking about this man.. when this is a healing ministry thread.. false prophet or not.. People come here with genuine concerns.. pray for them.. call out to God to save us from false prophets...

A genuine warning is good.. yes.. but that warning has already been given here.. Benny Hinn right now is still doing what he is doing.. Pray for him... pray for us.. pray for any being decieved..

I can tell you that Benny Hinn made me want to seek God with all my heart.. and get more serious about seeing people saved and healed.. and receiving all God has to give...

If he is a false prophet.. well God blessed me through him!!

Did you read my statement at the top of this page?

Upvote 0

JoshuaW

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
✟11,457.00
Faith
Christian
There will be a profile on Benny tonight on Primetime (ABC).
All I have to say is that many Christians willingly set aside their doubts when someone comes to them "in the name of the Lord". They did this with George Bush in 2000 and now with Benny. If a man truly is doing the Lord's work he will survive the doubts of a skeptic and respect him more for his caution. Remember Paul.

Upvote 0