✟16,022.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mark 11:25-26 says:

if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. 26 But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Therefore, an absolute forgiveness is another mandatory obligation that has to be fulfilled for Heaven. While I am a victim of family abuse, I personally might not struggle as much as one would think, but there are far more serious crimes that can hurt one's feelings and even completely shift mentality for life. I am talking about rape, murder, slavery etc. Some people would simply never be able to pardon such events, and it is completely understandable and fair. Nevertheless, seems like that the victims would be condemned to Hell while offenders would be granted Heaven, as long as they repent and believe in Jesus. Now compare those two, it is quite obvious what is easier to live with, and I do not consider this to be fair.

As Father sent his Son Jesus to redeem us from all our sins, he did not provide us a way of redemption if we fall short of forgiveness. While he is not obligated to do anything for us, let's bring an extreme example to this. A child rapist, mass murderer and the enslaver of many people, lives that way for all his life, then on a deathbed, he confesses his faith in Jesus and all is forgiven. On the other hand, we get many victims who have never been able to forget, let alone forgive what he's done to them, yet they get sentenced to Hell. Have I gotten this right, does Christianity really work this way?

Lastly, I'd like to bring vengeance into question. Obviously, if someone violates your rights, you have every reason for suing him righteously so. Such action, of course, contradicts the forgiveness part, as the vengeance is eternal in duration, even if its practical effects are time limited. Therefore, are people who have conducted vengeance, even by only abiding the law, eternally guilty of not forgiving? To put it simply, if someone slaps your cheek, and you do not turn the other cheek i.e. if you retaliate or just defend yourself from the further beating, this seems to me as lack of forgiveness too, despite it being self-defense (law-abiding). Of course, you can forgive him later, but here's a catch, what if the situation is life-threatening? For example, there was a recent shooting in US where a boy killed ~20 innocent people in a school. Obviously, those kids did not have time to forgive him while bleeding to death, are they going to be sentenced to Hell too? Will their parents too?

Edit: please only answer the questions in bold.