• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

being single..etc

rbs70

Mar 22, 2005
Indiana Pa
✟301.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I feel your pain man. I'm 26 and alone. Its hard when all your friends are getting married and your still by yourself. Many times I have cryed myself to sleep praying till I cant pary anymore and still not getting anything. I'm not picky I just look for a good christian woman what will have me. I feel the same way. I have had the same prayer for over 13 years and had only one girlfriend and that was for 3 months a non-christian but I was takeing what I was given. I live in a small town and the only thing to do is bars and I dont drink and truely what type of girls are you going to meet there. I feel your pain!! I cant help but feel that this is one thing God has said no to and I say its something I have to have. I have always had a problem with lust and feel that if I got married that it will go away. So if God hates it so much why wont he just send me someone. I know men that dont deserve their wives and abuse them, all I can think of is why? Why God cant I have someone? I have so much love to give and would treat her right but all the girls in my area date jerks, just like my sister.

Sorry about that I know it didnt help but I just felt like telling you my story. I hope you meet someone nice

Brian

Upvote 0

VivDaGurl

Veteran
Aug 18, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
✟2,312.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
stuss73 said:
ive been a christian 4 some time now... Im been finding it hard latly.. not having a girlfriend ..etc... I feel like its something god has done .. i feel let down ... rip off etc.. can any1 help me ...

Hi there stuss73,

I've also been a Christian for some time and am also single, not having any boyfriends. Just like what rbs70 says that many people are getting married and yet, you are sitting by yourself. I even wondered many times whether would I ever get married and why am I being single. Why God? Why God? Do I deserve to be alone? What is wrong with me? Do I not look pretty enough for someone to knock on my door?

I'm not sure about you but since I'm being single, I'm learning to appreciate being single and be contented with what I have now. I'm also learning to get closer to God and learn to depend on Him in all things that I do rather than depend on my ownself. I believe that there's a reason why God had allowed me to be single but I'm the kind of person who likes to have people around me. So, I began to look at it that, God had put me into such situation to draw my attention to Him so that I will search Him first.

Upvote 0

one 4 Christ

True happiness is serving The Lord!
Apr 7, 2005
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there stuss73 I know the feeling sometimes. Like you I will be 32 this year.
Most of the time I am happy and content with being single. The only imbarrassing thing about it is I have a crush on a movie star (Tom Cavanagh).
That is like so high school!:sigh: I know that if I was married that I would not have a crush on that actor or anyone. Just be deeply in love with my husband. Another reason that I am not married, well 2 reasons, is well that I have been hurt in the past, the guys I dated just did not understand my highly sensitivity and the second reason is am attracted to the "Tom Cavanagh" type. You know tall, thin, dark hair, athletic, who prefer the girls who look fake. That is not me. I am thin yes, but I have a kind look to myself and hardly were much makeup and I do not color my hair platum blonde. Man, I know how you feel. Everyone my age is married, but I can assure you that God has not let you down! Please talk to God, he does listen. He has a very good plan for you. He knows EVERYTHING, trust me!! Pick up a book about singleness at your local Christian bookstore. This is the way I view real love. Let God pick out who you are spose to be with (if that is His plan for you) and you will find true happiness! I almost didn't listen to God when he put it on my heart that my ex-fiance was not meant for me. I know that if I would have carried on with getting married then I would have been miserable. Him and I did not work out and God told me that.
The best advice I have for you is to pray, I know that I will pray for you as well.:prayer:
Please keep your chin up!!! I know it can be hard!!:sigh:
God Bless!!

Upvote 0

holo

former Christian
Dec 24, 2003
✟77,794.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
For all you guys know, you'll meet the love of your life tomorrow.
Don't look at other people, don't think "this town is too small" or "I'm too ugly" or anything like that. If God will give you someone, He will give you the right someone at the right time. There's no use in moving ahead of God.

He will fulfill all your needs, and maybe your longing for a spouse is mixed up with some other need, like general loneliness.

I used to have a problem with being single and I had such problems with my own sexuality and all, but God can deliver you from all that. We tend to blow our problems up like balloons and think years ahead.

If you're single, you're single today. You don't know what will happen tomorrow.
My personal opinion is that if your happiness depends on having a lover/spouse, the problem actually runs deeper than that. I don't think being single is supposed to be a struggle to find mr or ms Right, you're supposed to lean on God and be content with what you have. Not to say you're supposed to be poor, for example, but all this worrying isn't good for anything. God can give you peace that doesn't depend on others.

Upvote 0

John of Berkshire

Apr 9, 2005
✟267.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When you pray, do not pray for yourself, but pray for others who cannot pray for themselves. I never ask God for anything. He knows what I want and what I need. I have faith that I will get what I need, and I leave the rest to his will.

I am twenty-three years old. I had never had a true girlfriend. For many years I blamed God for this. I realized that it was absurd to believe that it was his fault. I am single, because I want to be single. I would like meet a woman, get married, and have children. However, I am not the person that I want to be in order to do such things. If I were to meet anyone right now, it would not be right. I am not right. There are things about myself that I do not like and that I need to fix. Once I am happy with who I am, I will be ready to recieve those things that I want.

But, do not lament your situation. So many others suffer so very much more. Use this time to your advantage. Excersize, learn something new, do anything, but do not waste time feeling sorry for yourself. Practice self-improvement.

Upvote 0
T

trust_faith

I am single... I think is somehow punishment from God. I am with a guy for nearly 3 years.. he is a non christian... and we break and patch for serveral times. I want a God centered r/s now... so I broke up with him.. it is so difficult. Hope I have done the correct thing. I still love him now. but he doesn't wan to come closer to God, know about God at all...

I am sad about being single. No one around me can understand. I feel so alone. everyone beside me is like happily holding hands and attached. I wonder God is going to give me another person in my life or not... hai.. I dun wan to be alone.

Upvote 0
W

woman.at.the.well

Stuss . . .think of it as being in the "desert/wilderness" just like the Israelites were. Although I'm quite certain it will not be fore 40 yrs, it will be for a time. Use the time to learn a lot of very valuable lessons just like the Israelites did. Learn how to become more dependent on God for Your joy, peace, comfort. Learn how to become more like Christ so you can attract a Christ-like mate. Hope this helps. The Lord bless you!

Upvote 0
M

mannysee

Hey Stuss mate:thumbsup:

It sure ain't easy is it. What can I say but like most people, you have to make the most of what you have now/today in your life.
I'm 37 and have only ever had 1 short relationship in 13 years of being a Christian, because I've not known many Christian women. My folks sometimes dig me about getting out there and finding someone. Hey, i'd love to, I really would, but I'm not going to even begin with a lady who isn't a Christian. I could easily go over to a megachurch with it's odd teachings and plenty of singles, but that's not for me either.
I feel for ya, mate:pray:

Upvote 0