Eu
✟21,862.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've posted before about issues, but i have just been thinking about God's boundaries, particularly over internet use.

For example, in the bible if you are struggling over a hurt from someone - a disciple - you are to go to them and have a private conversation with them.

However, if time has elapsed or if they are not easy to contact, etc, and you're still struggling, what are the proper boundaries then ?

Also, what about if there are hurts on both sides, or if you suspect another person has been offended or hurt by something said or done by you but hasn't approached you?

Is it wrong therefore to post about relationships where you haven't gone to them first?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've posted before about issues, but i have just been thinking about God's boundaries, particularly over internet use.

For example, in the bible if you are struggling over a hurt from someone - a disciple - you are to go to them and have a private conversation with them.

However, if time has elapsed or if they are not easy to contact, etc, and you're still struggling, what are the proper boundaries then ?

Also, what about if there are hurts on both sides, or if you suspect another person has been offended or hurt by something said or done by you but hasn't approached you?

Is it wrong therefore to post about relationships where you haven't gone to them first?
Sounds like it's time to find this person and deal with the issue. You're not moving on and its causing a stumbling block. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You asked: Is it wrong to post about relationships if you haven't gone to them first?

If your posting under an anonymous ID and no one knows who you are, and if you don't ever say the person's real name, to whom your referring, then it's fine to talk about various things - such as asking for advice here, as it's perfectly anonymous.

However, if you are using your real name and people who know you are likely to know who you're referring to even if you don't use their name, then no it's not right to openly post anything that could be construed as a negative comment or critical of them then no, it's not right at all to post about anyone else.

It's one thing to talk about yourself, your interests, your happiness and even some of your downs, but talking about others isn't right, unless it's something positive about them.

If you need advice, really need advice, it's good to go to someone in person and discuss the issue with them. Then it's something outside of gossip or slander even if they know the person you're referring to.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for your replies. My question really was meant to relate to the appropriateness of using the internet. Even though it's anonymous, I thought that it might still be inappropriate.

As with everything, moderation is key.

Don't get sucked into nonsense, don't trust people you don't know, don't share personal information with people you don't personally know, and don't live your life vicariously through the internet.

Online isn't real life, real life is face to face so definitely limit the time you spend online, and who you associate with and what you do with your online time.

Online you see a pretty picture of a cupcake that someone made, but you don't see the 10 cupcake fails that occurred prior to the one that was picture worthy. It just doesn't reflect life anywhere online.

Real life is messy .. just not "Jerry Springer" messy. Online can suck you in too much if you let it, but we have power over Satan and of sin - we can say no to what is sinful, and limit the amount of time on the rest.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Not really sure what your asking. Now me.. I would do it as you said personally.. if you can't see them email mail pm but sharing it...na don't think so. Its not wrong I just don't do it. If I did I would never use their name blah blah blah. But always take it to the lord first. Bless you

Upvote 0