Alabama
✟18,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Doesn't becomes either by simply being born.
Well that can be seen either way. God has already through the prophets, prophesied that this man will be the Little Horn power, which I think means one man hence little horn, and he is born amongst the 10, which is the European Union as I see it. But I can also see how this could mean he arises to power in the E.U. not a quibble worthy debate there to be honest.

Becomes the Antichrist when he is anointed the King of Israel, thought to be messiah by the Jews.
This part is just way off however, he is against God from birth. He never becomes the king of Israel, you have bought into a fallacy here if I am being honest, it doesn't add up, Israel will never chose a Gentile King as their Messiah. Now, I agree, the E.U. is the entity, but Israel simply makes an agreement of some sort with the E.U. and it is probably Israel agreeing to become a partner, or maybe even a member state in the European Union. Remember, Israel has nuclear war heads, no ne ca conquer them without getting them to give up their nukes, that is key. So, Israel making an agreement with the E.U. become her protector of guardian of sorts, or becoming a member stae where she gives up her nukes makes much more sense.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This part is just way off however, he is against God from birth. He never becomes the king of Israel, you have bought into a fallacy here if I am being honest, it doesn't add up, Israel will never chose a Gentile King as their Messiah.
He will be a Jew, not a gentile.

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟18,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
He will be a Jew, not a gentile.
Like all the other ones right? All the Beasts are Gentile Kings. Daniel chapters 7 and 8 show the Beast to come to be a Gentile, he's also an Assyrian as Isaiah and other prophets have told us. Since when is an Assyrian by blood a Jew? The 2nd Beast comes out of the earth, so he is the Jew. Not the coming Anti-Christ. Dan. 8 and Dan. 11 show him to be a Greek born king. And Dan. 7 shows this man to arise from the E.U. political base.

Yet he's a Jew right? Good luck with that, it sounds like a personal revelation brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Like all the other ones right? Al the Beasts ae Gentile Kings. Daniel chapters 7 and 8 show the Beast to come to be a Gentile, he's also an Assyrian as Isaiah and other prophets have told us. Since when is an Assyrian by blood a Jew? The 2nd Beast comes out of the earth, so he is the Jew. Not the Anti-Christ. Dan. 8 and Dan. 11 show him to be a Greek born king. And Dan. 7 shows this man to arise from the E.U. political base.

Yet he's a Jew right? Good luck with that, it sounds lie a personal revelation brother.
The Assyrian is not the person who becomes the Antichrist. The Assyrian is a key figure regarding the Gog/Magog event associated with the Muslim nations.

The Antichrist must be a Jew in order to be anointed the King of Israel, thought to be messiah by the Jews. The "Christ" is a biblical concept of a person who becomes the King of Israel, descended from King David, who will lead the world into the messianic age of peace and safety. Jesus is the person who God sent to be the King of Israel, but the Jews rejected him as their king, but will accept another who comes in his own name (John 5:43)... who will be the Antichrist.

Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

Matthew 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Upvote 0

AYM

Amillenial (I think)
Oct 17, 2023
Southern US
✟1,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is an interesting topic. Let me propose something different from the above:

1 John 2:18

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1 John 2:22

Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:3

and every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
2 John 1:7

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
So these are the only 4 verses in the Bible that mention anti-Christ, and all from John's epistles (the same human transcriber for Revelation).

1 John 2:18 seems to be saying to me "you've heard about an antichrist, but I'm telling you there are many - that's how we know we're in the last days". And we know we're in the last days from Acts 2:16-17. I've seen people mention Nero before, and perhaps that was a first century rumor/belief that John was addressing here.

1 John 2:22 says anyone who denies Jesus is Messiah is an antichrist. Name the person, if they deny Jesus, they're an antichrist. Muhammad, Vladimir Lenin, Voltaire, Thomas Jefferson, Carl Sagan, Richard Dawkins, etc.

1 John 4:3 - this verse also repeats "this is something you've heard" and John's basically reiterating that all spirits that deny Jesus are spirits of antichrist, and rather than looking into the future, it was already there. This is also important because to assume that it's some leader of the EU or some future religious leader assumes that they were alive 1900 years ago when this epistle was written.

2 John 1:7 - Same theme. Anyone who denies Jesus is an antichrist.

So where I think we land is this - there is no singular, satanically powered individual supervillain coming in like Thanos to snap his fingers and usher in the apocalypse. I think these passages show that there are many anti-christs, for broad is the way that leads to destruction (Matt 7:13). And further in Matthew, we know in that in the tribulation period:

Matthew 24:24

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
I believe in light of that, many of the prophecies that have been thrown together as "antichrist" are talking about very different things, as again, there are many antichrists.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I believe in light of that, many of the prophecies that have been thrown together as "antichrist" are talking about very different things, as again, there are many antichrists.
Yes there are many who deny the divinity of Lord Jesus and that has confused you. But Lord Jesus spoke these words.
John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Upvote 0

AYM

Amillenial (I think)
Oct 17, 2023
Southern US
✟1,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes there are many who deny the divinity of Lord Jesus and that has confused you. But Lord Jesus spoke these words.
John 5:43
I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
How does that disprove the verses I cited that clearly state that there are many antichrists? That if there still implies it's anybody who opposes Christ, from Simon Bar Kochba to Sun Moon and a ton of others between and after.

Jesus plainly said the tribulation will have "false Christs" in Matt 24:24 above. If there's any confusion here, it's you confusing that as being singular.

Can you give a verse by verse rebuttal of the scriptures I provided which say there are many antichrists?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How does that disprove the verses I cited that clearly state that there are many antichrists? That if there still implies it's anybody who opposes Christ, from Simon Bar Kochba to Sun Moon and a ton of others between and after.

Jesus plainly said the tribulation will have "false Christs" in Matt 24:24 above. If there's any confusion here, it's you confusing that as being singular.

Can you give a verse by verse rebuttal of the scriptures I provided which say there are many antichrists?
You did not understand what I wrote. I wrote in agreement that there are many who deny the divinity of Lord Jesus. But I also wrote that Lord Jesus said there will come one in his own name (the Antichrist person) who the Jews will receive as their king. There is no need to rebut any scripture.

Upvote 0

AYM

Amillenial (I think)
Oct 17, 2023
Southern US
✟1,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You did not understand what I wrote. I wrote in agreement that there are many who deny the divinity of Lord Jesus. But I also wrote that Lord Jesus said there will come one in his own name (the Antichrist person) who the Jews will receive as their king. There is no need to rebut any scripture.
I gave you scriptures and you insult my intelligence. I understand what you are saying. However, our central points are not the same, as I've provided scriptures which say there are many antichrists.

Your one scripture did not disprove the scriptures I provided. John 5:43 does not magically make the tribulation "false Christs" in Matthew 24:24 into a single "false Christ". What it does say is that if another came (any of these false Christs), they would follow. Thus, if you want to continue this discussion in good faith, you must rebut, or at least address, the scriptures I provided which suggest many antichrists.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,807.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I gave you scriptures and you insult my intelligence. I understand what you are saying. However, our central points are not the same, as I've provided scriptures which say there are many antichrists.

Your one scripture did not disprove the scriptures I provided. John 5:43 does not magically make the tribulation "false Christs" in Matthew 24:24 into a single "false Christ". What it does say is that if another came (any of these false Christs), they would follow. Thus, if you want to continue this discussion in good faith, you must rebut, or at least address, the scriptures I provided which suggest many antichrists.
Now you are picking. I am sorry you are insulted. Goodbye. I place you on my ignore list.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
John 5:43 does not magically make the tribulation "false Christs" in Matthew 24:24 into a single "false Christ".
Just read Revelation 13.
That chapter is all about a singular Anti-Christ, yet to be revealed.

But contrary to some beliefs, he will not claim to be Christ, but will demand worship of himself; on pain of death.

Upvote 0