Magnolia, AR
✟994,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know there is truly nothing new under the sun, especially with the human race's inability to ever learn from its mistakes, but the strikes from us upon Syria today have renewed my concern about international war.

Please pray, everyone, that regardless of who is "right" or who is "wrong", this will not get worse. That more scores of people will not die, civilian or soldier. War is a terrible thing, and there are no true good guys in it. It may sound like a child's view of politics and war, but, as far as I am concerned, we're all just victims of our own personal pride and some deep primal desire to wreak violence upon others.

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I disagree. Soldiers bring justice to the earth and are incredibly brave and virtuous for their works, so long as their intent is in the right place (and obviously be on the right side). There are Christian soldiers doing God's will.

We are here today because of brave men who gave their lives for justice and righteousness and wouldn't allow the Nazi regime to win. You are able to type this because of them, you have that freedom and comfort because of them.

Yahweh commanded his people to war for a long time. The NT gave Israel a greater purpose, yes, but that does not mean that one cannot both do the Great Commission and be a soldier. God has his people all over.

I believe they deserve our respect and honor for what they do, and not be put in the lot of the terrorists and extremists whom they rid the earth of.

I know you meant well, but you can't say that there are "no good guys in war. ". That is going against scripture imo and not giving honor to whom honor is due and just going against what is true.

Sorry to be "that guy" but I kind of had no choice.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I promised myself that I would try to quit pop again. I also promised that I would crack open these cherry Pepsi's and drink if war were to break out in the Middle East. Well, I'm getting buzzed tonight.

Buzzed? How sensitive are you to pop? Ever get drunk drinking a two liter of coke? Lol.

If this leads to the Gog and Magog war, then God's will be done and I hope to see you all in Heaven soon.

*Starts chugging a bottle of pop*

Yeah.. since I won't be there.. it was a pleasure knowing you Mr. Doggie man.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Butch! Butch! Butch!
1280x720-rW-.jpg

Upvote 0

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Buzzed from caffeine and the sugar rush. Don't know any other words for that sweet sensation pop gives you.

Yeah I know lol.. just wanted to write about getting drunk from a 2 letter bottle of pop.. lol.

Still.. can't imagine getting any sort of caffeinated buzz from pop either.. lol.

It's been a pleasure knowing you too, sweetheart. I'm gonna miss you.

You're not even gonna try to save me? Just send me that gif? Lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I promised myself that I would try to quit pop again. I also promised that I would crack open these cherry Pepsi's and drink if war were to break out in the Middle East. Well, I'm getting buzzed tonight.

If this leads to the Gog and Magog war, then God's will be done and I hope to see you all in Heaven soon.

*Starts chugging a bottle of pop*

We shouldn't want the world to end, under any circumstances.

I would much prefer no violent acts of evil ever be committed - thus provoking a response in equally violent defense - in the first place, because it never ends. On and on we go. It just becomes an endless loop. Oh sure, we all want to pick out a bad guy to cheer for coming to a bloody end (and let me make it clear I do not sympathize with Syrian perpetrators of chemical attacks), but how many innocent people also suffer as a result? How many honorable soldiers willing to take on the grim task of bloodying their hands in my place because I have no heart for it - but also realize what a dirty business it is and do not actually enjoy what they must do - no matter who is "good" or who is "bad", will also die? War isn't pretty no matter what the sides are. ... But I don't know the magic solution to perpetual peace for the entire world any more than anyone else, of course. All I can do is pray that by God's mercy every bit of violence that happens after tonight will be minimized before we reach a conclusion, and that another world war will not occur. If every ISIS member or neo-Nazi or whatever violent maniac is out there could suddenly, divinely have a change of heart and lower their weapons in surrender and be willing to turn themselves over to justice, or if every nation out there while retaining their sense of identity could suddenly say every right word and put out every right foot forward to maintain diplomacy and not tick off one another, then yeah, it'd be a perfect world. But none of us foolish sinners know when it is time to throw in the towel and consider the human race and the planet a total loss; only God knows when it will be time to go drastic, utterly destroy the wicked who refused to believe in His Son, and make a new heavens and earth that will be like Eden again. So if I may state my personal worldview here, I think He would rather us all pray to minimize the violence and the suffering.

• Agree
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MehGuy

Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good. I should be scaring you. If there's ever a good time to turn to God, it's now. If these prophecies still don't convince you, then millions of years of human evolution lead to this. Survival of the fittest and natural selection have failed the human race.

Remember there was this guy on a podcast called the Drunken Peasants who's catchphrase whenever he was disappointed with aspects of humanity was "bring orn the nukes!". Maybe he'll finally get his wish?

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember there was this guy on a podcast called the Drunken Peasants who's catchphrase whenever he was disappointed with aspects of humanity was "bring orn the nukes!". Maybe he'll finally get his wish?

I ain't scared of no nukes. Wait I'm half japanese nvm.

• Haha
Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0