Missouri
✟7,860.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel like I am being torn in two directions at the moment. What I am discovering is that I need balance. The two different directions are as follows: following God with no regard towards mankind vs. treating mankind with utmost respect while disregarding God. Balance. I, of course, described the two sides to an extreme to emphasize the direction.

In real life, though, it isn’t so extreme. I’m being serious. I recently have run into a circumstance that caused me to evaluate my direction. I always knew that I cared too much about what other people felt about me but this week it came down to the wire. I found myself in a situation where I was in the wrong. I had done something that was rude and completely uncalled for. I hadn’t realized that I had done these things, but I had. I felt absolutely horrible. Mentally, I completely collapsed, feeling like I was a horrible person and that I was going to lose all my reputation. Then… after driving awhile, I realized my error. I was putting my value, my reputation, and the way I felt about myself on humans, rather than God.

I placed all my anxiety and worth on what other people felt about me. I was in the wrong, and I am the one that was rude, but that still doesn’t mean I’m not a worthy person. My value, and purpose comes from God; not from man. Reality Check. Where are you placing your worth, value, and reputation? Is it based on man or on God?

Then, I felt convicted from the other side. Whereas, this kind of person becomes consumed with the things of God so much that they are unable to communicate and deal with people on a social basis. I find this a challenge, because I can tend to be a little obsessive compulsive. This habit creates a struggle with creating a balance between God and man. I know of many times where I have consumed myself so much into a God-mode that I was unable to effectively deal with people. Actually, unfortunately, I think I do it often. Do you struggle becoming to much God-consumed that you are unable to deal and communicate with people?

Balance. An even distribution. That is what we need. Right? An even distribution between God and man. Too much of God, we lose our influence and mission of effecting others. Too much of man, we lose our essential connections with the creator of the universe. Balance. That is what we need.

How is the balance going on in your life? Do you need more of God? Do you need more of man?

(This blog actually could have some quirks. I’m still a little undecided on what an effective balance is. I myself struggle with this a lot, but I thought I would explain it to see what others think… so give some feedback, let me know what your ideas are on… balance.)

ChoirCupcake

Feb 21, 2008
✟16,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think there is a balance, and has to be if we want to touch the world and bring God's kingdom to it.

"On earth as it is in heaven." That won't EVER happen if we don't touch the lives of those who are living in darkness around us.

But as for relying on mankind to give us our identity, or worth... it will never fill the void. Yes, God puts people in our lives to build us up and encourage us, but they are icing on the cake. God has to be the direct source of our value. He created us in the first place. Why should we place more value on His creation's opinion of us than on HIS opinion of us. His opinion will always be "You are the apple of my eye."

It's hard to grasp that, but I've finally begun to. I always had a fear in the back of my mind that God would someday get tired of me messing up and give up on me, but He kept showing me He doesn't care... grace covers all. He wants me to get over these obstacles, but the only obstacle between us and Him -- after we've given our mistakes over to the power of grace -- is ourselves.

We have to balance our relationships, but lasting worth & acceptance can only come from God. If it comes from our peers, it will either decay or not satisfy enough. He will satsify is we just let Him and ourselves come together, and have that intimacy with Him.

I hope that helped some. :)

Upvote 0