Akron
✟72,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I went to Hong Kong to get married. At the time there was a song that said I die daily to myself. For 1,000 years and 1,000 more. In my case, I really do die but they always revive me. Is the Christian life to die to self so we can live for God? Are people obstinate and resistant to God because they are not willing to die to self?

"Dying to self" means putting aside our own selfish desires, ego, and pride, and instead focusing on what is right, good, and aligned with our beliefs or values, even if it's not always easy or what we might want at the moment. It involves choosing to prioritize higher values or a greater sense of purpose over our own individual wants and needs.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sin is nothing more than putting our will ahead of the will of God... self before God. The Bible from front to finish dwells on that fact and gives us plenty of examples and repercussions of doing so. It is even part of the Lord's Prayer. Early followers of Jesus were called haters of man (IRENAEUS) simply because they put God's will ahead of mankind's will and ways.

So of course if you put God's will first you will die daily to your own self interest.

Upvote 0