Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That's not a logical conclusion: God spoke through the burning bush, and said "I am that I am." Do you conclude that (the) Bush is God?
That's not a logical objection. God chooses also to 'speak through' the Bible. No one accepts the Bible as God. Simply because God chooses sometimes to go through a medium doesn't mean that he does all the time.

However Jesus is God in every sense of the word of being God.

Except of course to you because your prophet claims to be a prophet, because he does. Then he claims to find scriptures that show him to be so - based on his interpretation

Upvote 0

Montalban

Jan 20, 2004
Sydney, NSW
✟42,787.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Apparently all the rulers and anyone with a public address got similar letters... well, Baha'u'llah sent them. I'm absolutely certain none of them actually heard anything about them. Anyone that really imagines any royal even hears of the mail they get from insignificant people must have lived in... wait, yeah, anyone that imagines that royals even hear of the mail they get from insignificant people lived in prisons all their life.

I wonder why Baha'i even care that he wrote to Victoria, other than another case of him proclaiming that he's a prophet. The only thing I can see out of this is by writing to her Baha'i think that HE is important!

Baha'i here claim he congratulated her on ending slavery - which she didn't. So much for being a 'prophet' that he couldn't even get a (then) current event correct!

Upvote 0

Sen McGlinn

Bahai
Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
✟15,204.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Baha'i texts do (as my understanding is) say that it is not incorrect to call a manifestation god.

that's correct: one may call the Manifestation, God, just as one may look at an image in the mirror and say "that's me." The image of the sun in the mirror is NOT the same as the sun itself. The equivalence is only in our perception, not in the reality.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.