St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not to mention that since Nintendo bought Sega (at least, that's how it was last I heard), the Revolution may even support Mastersystem, Genesis/Megadrive, Saturn, and Dreamcast games as well. I'd say that's more unlikely, though.

Upvote 0

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Qyöt27 said:
Not to mention that since Nintendo bought Sega (at least, that's how it was last I heard), the Revolution may even support Mastersystem, Genesis/Megadrive, Saturn, and Dreamcast games as well. I'd say that's more unlikely, though.

That would be awesome! If they did that, Revolution would probably become my system of choice.

Upvote 0

skysthelimit

Senior Veteran
Jul 4, 2004
New Jersey
✟19,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Whether or not it is illegal to download emulators and ROMs, I don't care. I own all of the games I download, and I have the right to play them on my computer. I have read from many websites that it's fine to have them as long as you own a copy at home, and I'm not about to trust one website over about 25. Anyways, I love emulators and I use them all the time.

Can you say save states? I wish the consoles had this, but the emulators have saved me much time with this. Lufia 2's Ancient Cave is virtually impossible without save states if you've ever played that game ;)

Upvote 0

Lespaulcustom311

Jun 12, 2005
Minnesota
✟215.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
skysthelimit said:
Whether or not it is illegal to download emulators and ROMs, I don't care. I own all of the games I download, and I have the right to play them on my computer. I have read from many websites that it's fine to have them as long as you own a copy at home, and I'm not about to trust one website over about 25. Anyways, I love emulators and I use them all the time.

Can you say save states? I wish the consoles had this, but the emulators have saved me much time with this. Lufia 2's Ancient Cave is virtually impossible without save states if you've ever played that game ;)

i totally agree. i have a n64 emulator and it rocks. i dont care if its illegal, i download games i already have

Upvote 0

Crono

Feb 9, 2002
Nashville, TN, USA
✟15,445.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Qyöt27 said:

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I don't think this is true. Nintendo didn't buy Sega. Sega just dropped out of the console market and is now focusing only on games, so it is now a third-party developer for Nintendo (much like Capcom, Square Enix, or any other game developer). From what I've heard about the Revolution so far, it will be able to play any game made for the Revolution and the GameCube, and games for the NES, Super NES, and Nintendo 64 will be open to download (for a small fee, of course). However, not all of the games for these systems will necessarily be made available to download.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Crono said:
I've been out of the loop for a while, but I don't think this is true. Nintendo didn't buy Sega. Sega just dropped out of the console market and is now focusing only on games, so it is now a third-party developer for Nintendo (much like Capcom, Square Enix, or any other game developer).
Yes, I know Sega became just a third-party developer (well, for consoles anyway; I think they still do develop arcade hardware, like Capcom does - which reminds me: the 'Tri-Force' arcade hardware is a somewhat interesting piece of equipment just due to who developed it :D ). I said I wasn't sure if the Nintendo buying them thing was true; I remember hearing about that a while ago, but I can't seem to find anything on it by running a search through AOL. Oh well.

Upvote 0

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There was a rumour a few years ago that Nintendo was considering buying out Sega. It never happened.

Sega develops games for all three of the major consoles as well as for the PC. They also develop arcade hardware, as they always have.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimmyKoKoPop

Mar 18, 2005
✟592.00
Faith
Agnostic
However, you can also download ROMs (and I would assume emulators) for a 24 hour period even if you don't own the system.

Not true.. Some sites just made that up for some reason. Downloading ROMs, even of games you own, is probably illegal in the USA. A lot of this stuff is open to interpretation. Generally speaking, the train of thought goes ROMs are only truely legal if you backed up your own copy yourself.

Of course, no one has *ever* gotten in trouble for having ROMs in the USA.

There was a rumour a few years ago that Nintendo was considering buying out Sega. It never happened.

Sega develops games for all three of the major consoles as well as for the PC. They also develop arcade hardware, as they always have.

There was a sort of merger with Sammy if I recall correctly...

Upvote 0