Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What 2011 report? We all know that the gay lobby has their own agenda. The statistics for the 2004 report are clear and they don't support your conclusion.

Ummmm.....that would be the 2011 John Jay study that you just got through referencing!!

After a barrage of criticism over their poorly conducted 2004 report, they updated their research!

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ummmm.....that would be the 2011 John Jay study that you just got through referencing!!

After a barrage of criticism over their poorly conducted 2004 report, they updated their research!

It still doesn't change the statistics which are undeniable.

Facts won't change to suit your agenda or opinion.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It still doesn't change the statistics which are undeniable.

Facts won't change to suit your agenda or opinion.

Oh, that's priceless! You present a study which completely refutes the argument you're trying to make, but I have an agenda!

Maybe you should actually read the material you submit before embarrassing yourself to such a degree.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, that's priceless! You present a study which completely refutes the argument you're trying to make, but I have an agenda!

Maybe you should actually read the material you submit before embarrassing yourself to such a degree.

The National Review Board, recruiting a research team from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, released its initial report in 2004. The results were conclusive: This was not a "pedophile" scandal, but a homosexual scandal. Eighty percent of the alleged victims were male, and nearly 90 percent were post-pubescent, with "only a small percentage of priests receiving allegations of abusing young children." An updated report, issued in 2011, revealed similar numbers: 81 percent of sex abuse victims were boys, and 78 percent were post-pubescent.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The National Review Board, recruiting a research team from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, released its initial report in 2004. The results were conclusive: This was not a "pedophile" scandal, but a homosexual scandal. Eighty percent of the alleged victims were male, and nearly 90 percent were post-pubescent, with "only a small percentage of priests receiving allegations of abusing young children." An updated report, issued in 2011, revealed similar numbers: 81 percent of sex abuse victims were boys, and 78 percent were post-pubescent.

Both findings put the lie to the oft-spoken claim that this was a "pedophile priest" scandal.

Not Pedophilia, But Homosexuality
Pedophilia proper involves children under age 11; but the 2011 John Jay study showed the majority of abuse victims were adolescents and teens between ages 11 and 17 — a pathology more properly termed "ephebophilia." Even Newsweek acknowledged the distinction in 2002: "The great majority of cases now before the Church involve not pedophilia but 'ephebophilia,' an attraction to post-pubescent youths."

Priest Sex Abuse Is All About Homosexuality
Perhaps the fact that it is an outdated report of 13 years ago is the problem as more recent research, especially those referred to by the Royal Commission doesn't support your assertions that paedohpiles are predominantly homosexual.

The worrying thing about the way you assert all this is that it risks cleansing your hands...this is a homosexual problem..... so u can relax that good honest heterosexuals clergy wouldn't do such a thing. That thinking is incorrect and dangerous to the protection of children under 18 years of age..... so....hows this for an update
Deviant pastor jailed over sex abuse of girl, 13

A heterosexual pastor, married, several children, a staunch advocate of morality and against gay marriage and pro-family values; repeatedly raped a 12-13yo girl over the course of a year as he had procured her from the girls father in 2015 ..... its mistaken to call this a homosexual problem.... if u want to point the finger at a main group then I'd call it a predominantly but not exclusively a male predator problem, thats not confined to a single type of religion/denomination and has been found to be prevalent in most types of institutions

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Ummm...just to prevent further embarrassment, you should know this:

Just because it was a boy that was abused, doesn't mean that his attacker was gay!

Let that sink in for a few moments...

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ummm...just to prevent further embarrassment, you should know this:

Just because it was a boy that was abused, doesn't mean that his attacker was gay!

Let that sink in for a few moments...

Gibberish. These were post pubescent males all the way up to age 21. This is about gay priests who can't control their sexual desires.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,679.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Someone did a study that I saw a few years back done here in the US that looked at pedophilic abuse by protestant ministers. The numbers actually were slightly higher than that of Catholic priests, although they were the ones in the news at the time. And most of the protestant ministers were married.

I think there is an underlying understanding that the abuse was not limited to the Catholic clergy. Hence the outrage spills over to all clergy.

yeah, and the issue isn't so much about the priest molesting, though thats a problem, but the fact that they were caught doing this and then got shuffled around multiple times across many cities continuing to rape and never going to the authorities with the problem.

I don't blame the catholic church for the pedophiles, every group has them, but most other groups take them to the police when they are found out.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Royal Commission into institutional child sexual abuse has found that on average 7% of priests between 1950 and 2009 were pedophiles with some individual institutes having 21%. In total 4444 cases of cild sexual abuse were identified with 90% being boys with an average age of 11 and the average age of girls being 10.

While this specific interim report focussed on catholic institutions, it has been shown to be an issue in most religous institutions and still continues.
Worst Catholic groups for child sex claims in Australia revealed

Hearing something like this is just one of the many reasons why I have faith struggles. If these preists really had faith, if they really believed there was a loving God looking out for his children who would punish the wicked, they would NEVER even THINK about doing such things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Men denied the very reason for existence are going to end up with strange perversions. Who's idea was it to tell these priests that they could not have a wife? This is what a doctrine written By men and not god will bring.

Both Jesus and Paul said that it is better for one serving the Kingdom to remain unmarried.

I'll take their word over yours.

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Both Jesus and Paul said that it is better for one serving the Kingdom to remain unmarried.

I'll take their word over yours.
I don't believe that Jesus said this, it goes against our very inner being. And thousands of catholic priest have touched our children I say there is no way this practice has anything to do with Jesus. It was made up hundreds of years after Jesus was lifted up to heaven.

Upvote 0

Thursday

Jan 12, 2016
Texas
✟49,429.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe that Jesus said this, it goes against our very inner being. And thousands of catholic priest have touched our children I say there is no way this practice has anything to do with Jesus. It was made up hundreds of years after Jesus was lifted up to heaven.

I guess I'll have to show you:

Matt 19
12because some men are celibate from birth, while some are celibate because they have been made that way by others. Still others are celibate because they have made themselves that way for the sake of the kingdom from heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.”

1 Cor 7
32I would like you to be free from concern. An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs—how he can please the Lord. 33But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world—how he can please his wife— 34and his interests are divided. An unmarried woman or virgin is concerned about the Lord’s affairs: Her aim is to be devoted to the Lord in both body and spirit. But a married woman is concerned about the affairs of this world—how she can please her husband. 35I am saying this for your own good, not to restrict you, but that you may live in a right way in undivided devotion to the Lord.

36If anyone is worried that he might not be acting honorably toward the virgin he is engaged to, and if his passions are too strongb and he feels he ought to marry, he should do as he wants. He is not sinning. They should get married. 37But the man who has settled the matter in his own mind, who is under no compulsion but has control over his own will, and who has made up his mind not to marry the virgin—this man also does the right thing. 38So then, he who marries the virgin does right, but he who does not marry her does better.c

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is a shocking reflection on Australia and the Catholic Church.
Well, I have thought of Australia as being a more wild and natural area . . . where people would live more for real and not do that stuff.

this should not go against the many good workers who have helped many.
Jesus says His sheep know His voice. So, I think it is wise to evaluate people according to how Jesus has us testing people > John 7:24 < not by their acting and show and whoever's say-so.

What is more concerning though is the lack of action taken by those in power who knew about the abuses. This shows that there was and is a mentality of coverup and not facing the truth which is the opposite of what Christ represented in living in the light and the truth.
Galatians 2:11-13 < our Apostle Paul openly deals with how Peter and "even Barnabas" played the hypocrite. There is no cover-up and secrecy.

I think the child abuse is a symptom of the Catholic Church being a man-made religion that has strayed away from the true teachings of Christ.
Well, my personal idea is that our Apostle Paul has given us very clear standards for who is qualified to be a "bishop". And it appears how a number of religious people have taken it on themselves to trash these standards. And in such disobedience, one can be deeply messed by "the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience" (in Ephesians 2:2). And in the darkness of this evil spirit, one can be unable to see whom one is trusting to be a pastor.

So, the problem is not only that someone has some wrong ideas, but if the person is disobeying God's standards which we have clearly presented in 1 Timothy 3:1-10. 1 Timothy 3:1-10 says a man "must be blameless"; so I consider this means God expects us to become able to tell the difference; and certainly a pedophile predator is not blameless! If I can not tell the difference between a person who is blameless the way God's own love makes us blameless, versus how a predator is, then I have a major problem, I consider.

"And the predator is not my problem!!"

The secrecy and the power the church have accumulated have gone to their heads and some think they are untouchable.
People of Satan's kingdom take care of their own.

Groupthink sets in and before you know it some in the church begins to believe their own misguided beliefs and thinks that they are right and know best.
I used to be a person in denial about my religion. If something wrong showed up, I would just say that doesn't meet the standards, that person is wrong, and that does not make my religion wrong.

But I had evil spiritual roots witch had me in denial and really wrong emotional stuff and wrong ways of relating - - more trying to use people, instead of first caring for others.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Gibberish. These were post pubescent males all the way up to age 21. This is about gay priests who can't control their sexual desires.

Look, I know you feel you have something to protect here, but the truth won't go away.
Whether it's a case of abusing a 6 year old, a 10 year old, or a 14 year old, the fact remains that that abuse is not an expression of the abuser's sexuality!
Pedophiles don't rape children because of the child's gender...they rape them because they are children!
For heavens sake, do some reading....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
yeah, and the issue isn't so much about the priest molesting, though thats a problem, but the fact that they were caught doing this and then got shuffled around multiple times across many cities continuing to rape and never going to the authorities with the problem.

I don't blame the catholic church for the pedophiles, every group has them, but most other groups take them to the police when they are found out.
In the US now the Church requires mandatory reporting to the authorities when an allegation is made against a clergyman.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Men denied the very reason for existence are going to end up with strange perversions. Who's idea was it to tell these priests that they could not have a wife? This is what a doctrine written By men and not god will bring.
St. Paul says celibacy is superior to marriage. The rule of all Latin priests being celibate came from around the 11th Century. Prior to that, they could be ordained if married, but marriage after ordination has never been allowed as far as I'm aware.

Eastern Catholic priests are still allowed to marry before they are ordained, but not after. And married convert clergy are sometimes ordained as Catholic priests and can stay married.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As has already been stated, married Protestant ministers molest children at least as frequently as celibate Catholic clergy. So celibacy isn't the issue.

Upvote 0

Andrewofthetribe

Sep 12, 2016
Oxford
✟24,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As has already been stated, married Protestant ministers molest children at least as frequently as celibate Catholic clergy. So celibacy isn't the issue.
Two wrongs don't make a right. Let's not pretend that denying men their own urges is anything from god. It's just control and its spawned child molestation.

Upvote 0