auschwitz style tattoos

Labayu

Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Christian
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I guess it's the place I can get feedback from both Jews and MJ's from diff cultures

I'm wondering whether it would be considered offensive (and just how much, because I'm sure it definately would to Ulta-Orthodox Jews) for a non-Jewish Christian to have the numbers 777 tattoed onto their wrist? Would it be more, less or irrelevent wheteher on the other side of the wrist was a star of David on one hand, and again if their was a cross on the back of the other? Both to MJ's and Jews.

Thanks

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Labayu said:
Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I guess it's the place I can get feedback from both Jews and MJ's from diff cultures

I'm wondering whether it would be considered offensive (and just how much, because I'm sure it definately would to Ulta-Orthodox Jews) for a non-Jewish Christian to have the numbers 777 tattoed onto their wrist? Would it be more, less or irrelevent wheteher on the other side of the wrist was a star of David on one hand, and again if their was a cross on the back of the other? Both to MJ's and Jews.

Thanks
I am not Jewish, nor am I a Messianic Jew. I am a Messianic Gentile..... married to a Jewish man and deeply a part of a Jewish family.

I would find such an act unscriptural (believing as I do, though not all agree, that marking the skin with tatoos and the like is contrary to G-d's instructions), in very poor taste and, yes, very offensive.

If you MUST tatoo, pick another location - at the very least it will seriously hinder the testamony of G-d before the Jewish people you meet.....

Upvote 0

sojeru

just a Jew
Mar 22, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟1,145.00
Faith
Judaism
Hi Labayu,

this is what all Jews (mostly Orthodox- who are learned) will say to you,

"since you are a gentile- and since you have no connection at all with the Yisraeli covenant with G-D- do as you wish and as your heart desires."

Of course, I add,
"but is this something that Yeshuah (Jesus) - a Jewish man- would be happy about in you- you who say that you follow Yeshuah- that you have labeled their master and saviour?"

would Yeshuah be happy about you getting a tatoo at all?

this is the question i believe that you should be asking.

so, indeed-
A tatoo may be a pretty decoration for the body
But is it one for the soul?

I ask you to please reconsider what you are about to do...

shalom u'brachot,
Antonio

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wow. :( I must say, as a gentile, the idea of tattoing resembling the holocaust-style just made my stomach turn. I can't imagine why anyone would do such a thing... even with the best of intentions (whatever they could be...) I see that as incredibly dishonoring and *I Think* it would conjure extremely negative reactions on my part if I were Jewish... and not much less so as a non-Jew.

Sorry.

Upvote 0

Labayu

Dec 6, 2002
Visit site
✟15,538.00
Faith
Christian
Thanks for your replies. I certainly didn't want to offened anyone, and if I have then I'm sorry.

I wasn't on the verge of getting one done (and now def wont be), it was more something that I'd forrgotten about, but had thought of doing at a time when there was a frighteningly common acceptance of holocaust denieal theory/anti Jewish feeling in the country.

Thanks for your insight.

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Labayu said:
Thanks for your replies. I certainly didn't want to offened anyone, and if I have then I'm sorry.

I wasn't on the verge of getting one done (and now def wont be), it was more something that I'd forrgotten about, but had thought of doing at a time when there was a frighteningly common acceptance of holocaust denieal theory/anti Jewish feeling in the country.

Thanks for your insight.
It sounds like your heart intent was to find a way to be supportive of the Jewish community. ONe of the best ways is to speak up when others make anti-Semitic comments or inunnendos... this may well cause you to be "painted with the same brush" as they paint the Jews and cause you to loose acquaintences, but may cause your true friends re-think their "go-along" attitude when it comes to such behavior :) More painful than a tatoo, but also more effective ;)

Upvote 0