Aug 27, 2014
✟430,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I actually dont like having to get on a screen to fully participate in a restaurant experience. Too much screen all around in contemporary life.

Agreed. I've used QR codes for returns to Amazon, but if I go to a restaurant and they don't have regular menus, I just go eat somewhere else. It takes more time and effort to take out the phone, unlock it, open the QR code reader, scan the code, and then HOPEFULLY have it come up with a menu (which it doesn't always do successfully, in my experience) than it would to just look at a printed menu. Why add extra steps to basic life activities, seemingly only to show how 'futuristic' your establishment is, and/or to cut down on the price of printing menus? (Which really isn't that much, assuming you're not running a fancy place.)

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,591.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No reason to fear the QR code. I was annoyed when the first started popping up everywhere but have since found them useful. Last year I was visiting a tourist part of a city that had these QR codes on signs at points of interest. They directed you to pages with information specific to where you were standing. Very convenient.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No reason to fear the QR code. I was annoyed when the first started popping up everywhere but have since found them useful. Last year I was visiting a tourist part of a city that had these QR codes on signs at points of interest. They directed you to pages with information specific to where you were standing. Very convenient.
I use them at work to connect people to our wifi network. Way simpler to share via QR code from a connected device than to re-type the (very long) password on a phone.

Upvote 0