Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,991.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, has anyone ever seen a aura around people? I was at my church for convention time years ago during worship and there was a white aura, a glow, around the person in front of me, plain as day! I am not sure what it means, I think it is the anointing. There are 2 people at my church that also have this gift, one said they saw a glow around my eyes and that meant I had the gift too, also both saw a glow around my body one morning, both saw it without communicating with eachother. One of these people saw something off with our worship leader's aura and asked if she was OK, it turns out she was struggling with physical problems. I think I have the gift but it is not functioning, it is dormant, I only saw this once.

Reactions: lemonbalm

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Auras are just the electromagnetic field around someone's body.

People who can hallucinate and see colors on this field are a rare spectrum. Seeing a white shimmering is a similar manifestation, it's like you got black and white TV instead of color.

It's not spiritual, entirely biological.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey, has anyone ever seen a aura around people? I was at my church for convention time years ago during worship and there was a white aura, a glow, around the person in front of me, plain as day! I am not sure what it means, I think it is the anointing. There are 2 people at my church that also have this gift, one said they saw a glow around my eyes and that meant I had the gift too, also both saw a glow around my body one morning, both saw it without communicating with eachother. One of these people saw something off with our worship leader's aura and asked if she was OK, it turns out she was struggling with physical problems. I think I have the gift but it is not functioning, it is dormant, I only saw this once.
Be very careful. Having come from an occult background, I am well aware of how deceptive and devious Satan can be. I've been saved 50 years. I've never known an "aura" around people that was not a demonic counterfeit. I won't say that it can't be God, but I think it highly unlikely.

Auras were common during the time of the so-called Toronto Blessing (1990's). The TB was 100% counterfeit, Satan's deception that Lord Jesus warned us against.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟908,970.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My x husband who is not a Christian witnessed my baptism in the 80's and he said he saw light all around me. I guess it meant something to him, he still talks about it. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Skye1300

Vegan Pro life Mom
Mar 19, 2022
West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've never seen anything like that with my eyes, but I did have an unusual experience in church one Sunday. We were having mass, and suddenly a man walked in on the other side of the church and sat down. And to this day I can't explain it, but I just knew in the deepest part of my soul that that was an angel! I just knew. I can't explain it. He didn't do anything to draw attention to himself, and he sat throughout the mass. I had never seen him before and haven't seen him since. But I can't explain it but the feeling was so strong that it was undeniable. After service I looked for him and he was gone. I have never felt that way before or since then. But I knew. It was not anything I saw with my eyes, but something I felt and just knew 100%. I still remember that to this day.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟799,960.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Know some say - can't see angels without being fearful; however,

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Heb 13:2

They weren't fearful at all of the two angels at Sodom Gen 19

Last edited:
Reactions: Skye1300
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟284,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Auras are just the electromagnetic field around someone's body.

People who can hallucinate and see colors on this field are a rare spectrum. Seeing a white shimmering is a similar manifestation, it's like you got black and white TV instead of color.

It's not spiritual, entirely biological.
I tend to agree. And maybe at times for various reasons we are simply more sensitive to perceiving them. And, of course, certain individual can be more sensitive.

But science does not agree with me:

Scientists have repeatedly concluded that the ability to see auras does not actually exist. When tested under scientific controlled experiments, the ability to see auras has not been proven to exist. Psychologist Andrew Neher has written that "there is no good evidence to support the notion that auras are, in any way, psychic in origin." Studies in laboratory conditions have demonstrated that auras are instead best explained as visual illusions known as afterimages. Neurologists contend that people may perceive auras because of effects within the brain: epilepsy, migraines, or the influence of psychedelic drugs such as LSD.

Aura (paranormal) - Wikipedia.

And let me admit that I love this kind of stuff, the paranormal we might say... all the possibilities of the natural world. And so I always go to science to check myself. When I was in college I paid $75 for a metal pyramid to wear on m head. Sheesh!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I tend to agree. And maybe at times for various reasons we are simply more sensitive to perceiving them. And, of course, certain individual can be more sensitive.

But science does not agree with me:

Scientists have repeatedly concluded that the ability to see auras does not actually exist. When tested under scientific controlled experiments, the ability to see auras has not been proven to exist. Psychologist Andrew Neher has written that "there is no good evidence to support the notion that auras are, in any way, psychic in origin." Studies in laboratory conditions have demonstrated that auras are instead best explained as visual illusions known as afterimages. Neurologists contend that people may perceive auras because of effects within the brain: epilepsy, migraines, or the influence of psychedelic drugs such as LSD.

Aura (paranormal) - Wikipedia.

And let me admit that I love this kind of stuff, the paranormal we might say... all the possibilities of the natural world. And so I always go to science to check myself. When I was in college I paid $75 for a metal pyramid to wear on m head. Sheesh!
Auras are composed of the same electromagnetic material that thoughts are carried on through the body from the brain and the neuroreceptors in the heart.

So for an Aura to be "psychic" in nature, the human brain would need to first translate the thoughts through contact of aura.

Since the apparatus that is responsible for the analysis of conveyed thoughts is a human brain and body, it cannot be analyzed by science that uses apparati that are separate from the human senses.

Science focuses on a common perception, but the paranormal focusess on intersecting two uncommon perceptions. This is outside of the scope of science and thus cannot be proven by it.

a good diagram for illustration is a circle inside a circle
upload_2022-4-24_10-37-9.png

Let's say area A is what we perceive in common, except the area is WAY smaller. Area B is how we perceive reality different from everyone else, but the area is WAY larger.

Science focuses exclusively on defining A, this does not mean B does not exist, it just means B cannot be quantified or qualified scientifically.

The perception of color falls under circle B, in that we may agree in circle A that the color red is perceived, but cannot prove that we see the same thing. Thus there is no way under current scientific principles and methods to prove that someone is seeing an aura color. This is because, science doesn't explore this in a manner that is compatible with what is being examined. Science that focuses on using a human a main exploratory apparatus falls under the realm of pseudo science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟799,960.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Our physical senses can have spiritual purposes such as:
-Isaiah 6:1-10, sight (vision) and heard
-Peter saw, heard, and felt an angel. Acts 12:7
-In I Kings 19:7, Elijah saw and ate the food (food usually has a smell).
-Ezekiel wrote, "So I ate it, and it tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth" (Ezek. 3:1-3). John received a scroll from an angel. He wrote, "It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour" (Rev. 10:8-10).

Shown in other Scriptures such as Isaiah 6:1-2; Acts 12:7; I Kings 19:7; Ezek 3:1-3; Rev 10:8-10.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I am reminded of the story of Thomas, Jesus appeared post resurrection so he would believe in His resurrection. Thomas got to feel the wounds with his hands and see with his eyes ... but Jesus said this, more blessed are those who do not see, yet believe.

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also called the 8th chakra, it's new age religion & practiced in Kundalini yoga. It isn't Biblical and may even be included under those things we're specifically told to avoid. I wouldn't go there.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟799,960.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Enemy imitates "This does not surprise us [And no wonder, since…]. Even Satan ·changes himself to look like [disguises himself as; masquerades as] an ·angel [messenger] of light [C trying to fool people into thinking he is from God, who is pure light]." II Cor 11:14

Discerning of spirits is available to believers ,- II Cor 12. That information is provided by the Holy Spirit; otherwise, it,'s our opinions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟835,388.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Catholic traditional artists depict the special anointing of the Spirit upon Jesus and the Apostles by something that looks like a spare tyre around their heads.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What is a Christian view of auras?
Is it Biblical to believe our bodies have auras? - BibleAsk
https://www.amazon.com/Occult-Christ-Mystical-Secrets-Christianity/dp/1888767502

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟835,388.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
There are some traditional art works that show Christ and the Apostles with haloes around their heads. I guess that might have been some type of aura. We used to called these "spare tyres" around their heads. People with auras around them must be "glow in the dark" Christians who are different from us of the common herd.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t see auras. I detect presences through the natural senses and my spirit. The same holds true for others with the gift of discernment. I wouldn’t use that verbiage given its connection to occult teachings. It’s easy for misunderstandings.

Many people crave supernatural experiences without realizing you get both. It’s a package deal. If you’re given the grace to pierce the veil you’ll see what’s behind it. Good and bad.

You don’t get to choose the facet He turns on. You may hear, see, feel, smell, or a combination of them all. It’s one thing to know demons exist and another to witness a manifestation before your eyes.

Be careful what you ask for. You can’t turn it off.

• Informative
Upvote 0