West Coast USA
✟47,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
John received a scroll from an angel. He wrote, "It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour" (Rev. 10:8-10).

Sounds like processed food. LOL

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I don’t see auras. I detect presences through the natural senses and my spirit. The same holds true for others with the gift of discernment. I wouldn’t use that verbiage given its connection to occult teachings. It’s easy for misunderstandings.

Many people crave supernatural experiences without realizing you get both. It’s a package deal. If you’re given the grace to pierce the veil you’ll see what’s behind it. Good and bad.

You don’t get to choose the facet He turns on. You may hear, see, feel, smell, or a combination of them all. It’s one thing to know demons exist and another to witness a manifestation before your eyes.

Be careful what you ask for. You can’t turn it off.
That's right, and there's always dirty work to do, volunteer and .. well the workers are few as it is.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
That's right, and there's always dirty work to do, volunteer and .. well the workers are few as it is.
I have been a believer for more than five decades, and I have never had a supernatural experience like those "super-Christians" who glow in the dark. I am one of the common herd who believes what the Bible says about Jesus, and one who having not seen or experienced anything, nevertheless believe and trust in Christ. Maybe the "glow in the dark" superdupers have a different Holy Spirit indwelling them than I have.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I have been a believer for more than five decades, and I have never had a supernatural experience like those "super-Christians" who glow in the dark. I am one of the common herd who believes what the Bible says about Jesus, and one who having not seen or experienced anything, nevertheless believe and trust in Christ. Maybe the "glow in the dark" superdupers have a different Holy Spirit indwelling them than I have.
It's not about the called, it's about the chosen.

Some people are prepared for something extra, the church cannot teach on these callings nor provide adequate support, so they're not really to be desired.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It's not about the called, it's about the chosen.

Some people are prepared for something extra, the church cannot teach on these callings nor provide adequate support, so they're not really to be desired.
They must be the superduper Christians who are chosen to glow in the dark and have a spare tyre around their heads. I get it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
They must be the superduper Christians who are chosen to glow in the dark. I get it.
nope, they're the super duper christians crawling in the filth of the world ignored by the church and treated like they're insane.

Being given a purpose like that is similar to a graduation, you cannot go back to "school"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,237.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
nope, they're the super duper christians crawling in the filth of the world ignored by the church and treated like they're insane.

Being given a purpose like that is similar to a graduation, you cannot go back to "school"
I go along with D Martyn Lloyd-Jones who said that there are no good Christians, but vile people who are saved by the grace of God.

I am not disappointed that I have had no supernatural experiences, even after five decades of holding to Pentecostal theology (even while attending a Presbyterian church for the last 23 years), because the grace of God is sufficient for me.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I go along with D Martyn Lloyd-Jones who said that there are no good Christians, but vile people who are saved by the grace of God.

I am not disappointed that I have had no supernatural experiences, even after five decades of holding to Pentecostal theology (even while attending a Presbyterian church for the last 23 years), because the grace of God is sufficient for me.
That's the right attitude. If all of the body of Christ were encountering such things, it would mean the external layer had been breached.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
So if one is an ear, should it say to the foot, we have no place together?

Or should the eye say the same thing to the hand?

So what if someone is part of the skin? the blood, the nervous system?

It is a large body, but many people have small minded theologies, excluding many.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums