• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

OllieA95

May 29, 2017
Utah
✟21,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Engaged
Hi all, Thanks for reading. Hope you all have a great day. I'm 23 and on a university wrestling team, I have also been blessed with a fiancé and we plan to marry when we both graduate in two years. We have both kept ourselves pure for marriage.

My problem is that I am not comfortable in my wrestling singlet it shows a lot and to be honest I have always felt kind off exposed and naked in it. Now that my fiancé is coming to my matches etc, I feel that I am showing too much of myself to her.

In training I can wear shorts over my singlet but in a match I can't. I have tried various under layers etc. but still not comfortable.

My question is has anyone had a similar problem. Am I just being too sensitive or worrying about something that I shouldn't. Is there any guidance people can offer.

Thanks for reading

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton

OwainK

May 9, 2017
North Wales
✟38,815.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sadly, I don't think there is a solution. You could try bodyarmours and stuff, but that'd just make you feel hot and uncomfortable when competing and doing the sport.

Maybe ask her not to come? Only thing I can think of. It's a really tough one :/

• Prayers
Upvote 0

OllieA95

May 29, 2017
Utah
✟21,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Engaged
Thanks for feedback everyone. I guess god wouldn't have given me the ability to wrestle if it was not part of his plan.

And of course I want my fiancé who I love at my matches. I guess with the singlet I feel that it's a temptation when we still have two years till marriage. My fiancé commented that she likes the way I look in it when she attends matches. Not sure how to approach it as a Christian. Ironically when ever I've had impure thoughts growing up I diverted my energy into prayer and sports/training.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are already engaged? 2 years can be an eternity ...... Personally I do not like engagements longer than 9 months to a year.

But you will be married to her a LONG TIME, right?
So why not have a conversation with her about it. Express your concerns. You did well here. It may not bother her at all. OTOH, it may be a hint of coming attractions. (but you will never know if you do not talk)

Sexual conversations are often not easy, but the sooner you start, the easier they will be.

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all, Thanks for reading. Hope you all have a great day. I'm 23 and on a university wrestling team, I have also been blessed with a fiancé and we plan to marry when we both graduate in two years. We have both kept ourselves pure for marriage.

My problem is that I am not comfortable in my wrestling singlet it shows a lot and to be honest I have always felt kind off exposed and naked in it. Now that my fiancé is coming to my matches etc, I feel that I am showing too much of myself to her.

In training I can wear shorts over my singlet but in a match I can't. I have tried various under layers etc. but still not comfortable.

My question is has anyone had a similar problem. Am I just being too sensitive or worrying about something that I shouldn't. Is there any guidance people can offer.

Thanks for reading
I think it is okay that she sees you in it. You both care about each other and I am sure she will respect your body and you can pray to God to help you abstain from intimacy with her until you are married.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, I feel you, but for me, it's more about wearing bathing suits. I like tankinis with shorts but even then sometimes I feel that's exposing a lot. Silly, because other than a diving suit there isn't really anything modest about swim suits.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for feedback everyone. I guess god wouldn't have given me the ability to wrestle if it was not part of his plan.

And of course I want my fiancé who I love at my matches. I guess with the singlet I feel that it's a temptation when we still have two years till marriage. My fiancé commented that she likes the way I look in it when she attends matches. Not sure how to approach it as a Christian. Ironically when ever I've had impure thoughts growing up I diverted my energy into prayer and sports/training.
Hi there; good to see you.

So do you guys go to the beach at all?

Maybe you both wear swimwear?

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thanks for reading

I don't blame you, some of those things are stupid looking .. Can you wear shorts under the uniform like cut off sweat pants

• Prayers
Upvote 0