Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hey everyone, Im Maddie. Im pretty young, only 18. Ever since I was around maybe 12 Ive had atheist beliefs. This came from after taking classes about evolution, meeting friends who had similar beliefs and more. I have been taught about christianity but have always thought it wasn't "real" and the people who lived by it were sort of..slaves to their religion. As Ive gotten older Ive been thinking that maybe there IS a God, but i don't really know how to go about those feelings. Everyone I know knows that Im atheist and many of the people Im around are as well. So, what should I do to get started? How can I know for sure that There IS a God (I like to believe in things only if i can prove them). Im starting to think Im too far gone. Is there hope??

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone, Im Maddie. Im pretty young, only 18. Ever since I was around maybe 12 Ive had atheist beliefs. This came from after taking classes about evolution, meeting friends who had similar beliefs and more. I have been taught about christianity but have always thought it wasn't "real" and the people who lived by it were sort of..slaves to their religion. As Ive gotten older Ive been thinking that maybe there IS a God, but i don't really know how to go about those feelings. Everyone I know knows that Im atheist and many of the people Im around are as well. So, what should I do to get started? How can I know for sure that There IS a God (I like to believe in things only if i can prove them). Im starting to think Im too far gone. Is there hope??

Hi Maddie, the reason you are here is because God is drawing you. You are not too far gone, even the most hardened sinner can be saved by God. Start praying to God and ask Him to reveal Jesus Christ to you as your Lord and Savior. Faith doesn't come from proof, it comes by grace according to the bible. You need Gods unmerited favor to believe, so start praying that God will give you the grace to believe. God bless!

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,144.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

First, try to listen to a daily news channel then ask if you have proven each piece of news or you actually believed without proof.
Second, try to prove yourself that black hole exists before accepting it as a fact
Third, pick up a history book and turn on any chapter then try to prove it before you accept it as history
Fourth, try to pick on one of your neighbors and prove he actually existed, say arbitrarily, on Nov 10, 1995

This is to show you that under most situations humans choose to believe without proof to reach a truth. You won't be able to reach your neighbor's existence on a particular day unless someone wrote (or taped as today we have tapes) about what he did and said on that particular day. Your incapability to prove what he did on that day by no means says that he's absent from that day. It's out of capability to reach it unless someone wrote about what he did that day while inviting your faith to believe what was written down. This is the only way a human reaches a truth of this kind.

Upvote 0