1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

Atheist pundit Sam Harris expresses his lack of interest in Hunter Biden Story

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Pavel Mosko, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+6,862
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    "He could literally have corpses in his basement and I would not have cared!"

This of course would be seen as a prime example of "Trump derangement" syndrome by conservatives like myself (Where a person literally is willing to put up with anything, just to have Trump out of office. Including not caring if the candidate your backing should be in a rest home.... )

(I deleted the previous link because I thought I head someone use the F word, the link came from something called the Trigonometry broadcast which I assume is either something affiliated with Harris or maybe online atheists or Free Thought folks.)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  2. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He admits there was a conspiracy to suppress negative information about Biden during the election and says it was justified.

3. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+2,988
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single
    Yeah, I don't care about Hunter either. Now give me something concrete on Joe, then... it will properly feed into my Trump derangement syndrome.

4. Pavel Mosko

+6,862
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Yep heard that just a few minutes ago.

Technically even Time magazine sort of acknowledged it in their big 2021 issue bragging about "fortifying the election".

The Secret History of the Shadow Campaign That Saved the 2020 Election

5. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+12,795
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I think his main reason for never-Trump was Trump's participation in election-reversal attempts, which were really an attempt to stab the republic in the heart.

It a reasonable argument for overlooking a lot of flaws in the opposition.

6. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    He was talking about things that happened during the election, not January 6th.

7. Desk trauma

Desk trauma Chronic political homeless Supporter

+13,200
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    Does this mean the Evil Atheist Conspiracy is back?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+12,795
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    I recall Trump expressing resistance to any vote that didnt go his way prior to the election.

"Stop the steal" was a plan, not a reaction.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  9. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    And suppressing negative stories about Biden during the election was a reality not Russian disinformation.

10. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+12,795
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Yes they did suppress neg stories on Hunter Biden.

Hopefully they learn their lesson going forward and dont suppress tales of sons (in-law) cashing in from oppressive regimes.

11. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Who's suppressing it?
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/03/hou...-saudi-investment-in-jared-kushners-firm.html
    Report: Jared Kushner’s $2 Billion Saudi Check Appears Even More Comically Corrupt Than Previously Thought
    Before Giving Billions to Jared Kushner, Saudi Investment Fund Had Big Doubts

12. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+12,795
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Probably any outlet a Trump supporter is likely to read.

13. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+24,600
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Literally what I’ve said for years leading up to the election. Hunter Biden could have killed a prostitute and Joe help bury the body and I’d still have voted for him to get Trump out of office. I have no qualms about that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  14. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+24,600
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Trump’s rhetoric and behavior before, during and after the election are what directly led to Jan 6.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    That may be but that's not what he was talking about. There was a successful effort by Biden, the media and the intelligence community to bury negative stories about Biden and promote the lie that it was Russian disinformation during the election and he is saying it was justified . According to your last post you probably think it was too.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
  16. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+27,380
    United States
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Sam Harris is an idiot. Just in general.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+13,826
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    The MSM & social media platforms did not hype the laptop story because it was and is majorly sus.

18. BPPLEE

BPPLEE Well-Known Member

+1,063
    United States
    Christian
    Married
  19. Pavel Mosko

+6,862
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    I have reached that conclusion today! :)

I think my first big clue was years ago an interview where he suggested that Science in future centuries would reveal to us all the mysteries of life. and included things ethics and other kinds of value judgement things.

There is this classic textbook that you read as an undergraduate in the Social Sciences, that explains why that is impossible linked below in a pdf.

https://sciencepolicy.colorado.edu/students/envs_5110/bronowski_1956.pdf

But this made me think that he basically romanticized science and basically didn't understand what various undergraduate university students would have learned in their early classes. In my case it was a summer school class introduction to Behavioral Science research methods.

20. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+11,139
    Agnostic
    Married
    Not to excuse the NY Times but it is a bit difficult to fault people for not taking reports of this seriously given the level of bizzare conspiracy theories supported by right wing media. Obama is a secret Muslim from Kenya. Hillary runs a pedophile ring from a pizza parlor. Trump actually won the election.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List