The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm a better person now that I'm no longer in the Christian belief system. I actually have more peace than I ever did as a Christian. According to the doctrine of baptism and salvation, I was obedient to all those directives. I was even told that I was " filled with Holy Spirit in a major way " which still doesn't make sense to me even when I was told that years ago in a particular congregation yet they said that based on my behavior and demeanor.

Understand this, I'm not atheist. I'm simply anti-christ. Not calling myself the anti-christ but I'm very much anti-christ and in order to be anti-christ I would also have to be anti-devil. How is that?

How do you get along in society at large. Do you mix well - socialize well. Are you popular or generally isolated and introvert? What rules do you live by - what are your boundaries?

Would you prefer the company of functional atheists ?
This is the spectrum of people who live and act as though God didn't exist with no restraint. They trample on anyone, no rules, no conscience. selfish, steal, bully, etc.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You've accused me of being deceived without supplying sufficient data on how you know my reality.

Don't hold your breath.
"Being deceived" is the go-to phrase when Christians want to explain away how non-believers are doing fine without ever having to bother learning what it is they actually believe. As long as it's not what the Christian believes, it must be wrong, regardless of what it is.

But you probably already knew that.

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Don't hold your breath.
"Being deceived" is the go-to phrase when Christians want to explain away how non-believers are doing fine without ever having to bother learning what it is they actually believe. As long as it's not what the Christian believes, it must be wrong, regardless of what it is.

But you probably already knew that.

Yep, its all too common. If I had a nickel for every time I was told I was controlled or deceived by the devil I'd be done repaying student loans.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
How do you get along in society at large. Do you mix well - socialize well. Are you popular or generally isolated and introvert? What rules do you live by - what are your boundaries?

Would you prefer the company of functional atheists ?
This is the spectrum of people who live and act as though God didn't exist with no restraint. They trample on anyone, no rules, no conscience. selfish, steal, bully, etc.

This is a very good question. I'll gladly answer it as briefly as I can.

I don't function well in society. There have been two recent episodes where I had to assertively raise my voice with individuals who showed incompetence in their respected fields. I'm a person of excellence and seeing as I'm not different than anyone else, biologically speaking (outside of those who were born with genetic, physical or mental handicaps, deformities, etc.), I expect the same in return. To not see excellence then shows me that the individual(s) chose to be mediocre and I'm a person who simply does not settle nor approve of mediocrity.

Given the reality of the times we're living in now, I do not go out much because I really don't have a need to. I stay home and read a lot while indulging in my few leisure activities. Some actually involve other humans in the context of instant messaging and forums but even in settings like these I'm still not easy to get along with. I have a tendency to offend people without that being my intent, motive or desire.

I have the character traits to be popular however my intellect prevents that from happening. Having a PhD in Verbal Linguistic Intelligence I tend to continue to function as that with various studies that I conduct that cater to my understanding of the very people I share this life with. Those studies often include the study of psychology and religion, thus, here I am on Christian Forums.

I have a few rules that I live by. I'll name a few.

1. Respect is given, not earned. Until you earn disrespect.
2. Chivalry is not dead.
3. Always aim to be the smartest in the room.
4. Love yourself. No one on this Earth has the ability to make you happy but you.
5. You reap what you sow. Karma is a female dog. You can determine how your today looks based on the decisions you made yesterday. ( yesterday can be literal or a figure to measure your entire life prior to this day )

I don't really have a preference for functional atheists in a social setting but I will say that those type people are more so in my lane and would probably be easier to talk to.

In all honesty, I am a loner. Not lonely. There's a difference.

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's nice to see you are observing us and making a study of our behaviour to increase your understanding of people. Although I suspect there is a little contest going on as well :)

Psychology is a study of human behaviour?

I suppose one could use the information in a good or bad way to help society or promote self and manipulate other people. Does not wisdom discern how you use that knowledge for the greater good? Where does wisdom come from?

I think psychology would say we are generally social "animals" with a sense of belonging to a tribe. Why have you not put more effort in this area so that you can function better in society?. Are you a prisoner to your own intellect ?

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Psychology is a study of human behaviour?

No. It's the study of the human mind. However, I'm aware that you have " sinful thoughts " that you rebuke in the name of Jesus thus your thought life doesn't necessarily reflect your behavior given the reality of the belief system that you live according to.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Why have you not put more effort in this area so that you can function better in society?

Literally began posting in this Forum a day ago. However, this is not and will not be a foundation of study. Just another source.

Are you a prisoner to your own intellect ?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. In order for one to be in prison it would mean that the person desires to leave. I don't desire to leave my intellect, rather perfect it, thus it's not prison. It's paradise.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In order for one to be in prison it would mean that the person desires to leave. I don't desire to leave my intellect, rather perfect it, thus it's not prison. It's paradise.
DANCING FOR JOY !

Well, with reservations.

i.e. to be "PERFECT" is a good and wonderful goal, and is "required" ! (JESUS SAYS SO! )

You probably ARE a better person than when you were called "christian". Perhaps most people would be if they found out what is going on , if they knew they were living with and seeking to satisfy hypocrites. Living real and true is costly - it costs everything a person has, inside and out
and this is the difference between the phonies and the real Christians.
It is rare to find real, true, Christians who are "perfect",
but NEVER GIVE UP ! (for yourself, or YHVH'S PLAN, HIS KINGDOM).

KEEP UP THE HIGHEST STANDARDS ! HIGHER THAN ANYONE YOU EVER KNEW.

And let YHVH accomplish in you, in your life, in CHRIST JESUS, PERFECTION !

YES! HALLELUYAH !

It won't be what you thought in the past (obviously). It is and will be TRUTH !

IN JESUS.

.....if
....you
..are
willing.
(to be perfect)

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
And let YHVH accomplish in you, in your life, in CHRIST JESUS, PERFECTION !

Need you to know that I reject your religion on so many levels. No, I will not let YHVH accomplish anything in me because it was not YHVH who got me to where I am in life. Christ Jesus didn't tell me to stop smoking and eat better, I made that decision. It would be great if you could understand that you shoving your religion down my throat is quite annoying and very ineffective in the art of persuasion.

Cheers.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Need you to know that I reject your religion on so many levels. No, I will not let YHVH accomplish anything in me because it was not YHVH who got me to where I am in life. Christ Jesus didn't tell me to stop smoking and eat better, I made that decision. It would be great if you could understand that you shoving your religion down my throat is quite annoying and very ineffective in the art of persuasion.

Cheers.
You actually have no choice. "Cheers"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I do actually. Choices is the reason why laws and prisons are in place. For those who make the wrong choices.
:)

Except for leaving the false christianity behind, you may have only made wrong choices, so the prison of judgment in the world to come waits for you,
unless
you find the truth (which you previously admitted not saying you knew the truth if my memory is remembering correctly in this thread even) .

Your choice ? Hmmmm....... as the other religions/ idolators "admit" in the past,

we live and breathe and move inside "god" , even if they do not know YHVH.

No one is outside of the Creator. No one.

So the 'choice' for everyone, is LIFE in the Creator, or death.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Except for leaving the false christianity behind, you may have only made wrong choices, so the prison of judgment in the world to come waits for you,

You sound intoxicated or under the influence of some sort of hallucinogen. It's as if you are God, the way you're typing.

Your choice ? Hmmmm....... as the other religions/ idolators "admit" in the past,

As you are seated on your throne I suppose Jesus gave you permission to judge lest ye be judged?

No one is outside of the Creator. No one.

Never said that. I simply don't follow the Sadist God of the Bible.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Heed another verse from the Bible: "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth him that sent me, hath eternal life, and cometh not into judgment, but hath passed out of death into life" (John 5.24). This passage tells us that if a person hears the word of the Lord Jesus and believes in God who has sent Him, that person (1) has eternal life, (2) does not come into judgment or condemnation, and (3) has passed out of death into life.
Nothing at all to do with religion of men, nor a sadist .....
rather,
if anyone holds onto a sin, like homos&&&&&&& perversion, idolatry, greed, and so forth, and doesn't want to repent, then they will make up (being deluded by demons) any excuse not to repent, not to give up their sin, even though they die in their sin. They will blame YHVH, blame Christians, blame whoever or whatever they can think of or who the demons (or evil men) place in their thoughts to blame,
including calling YHVH what He is not and cannot be.

In short - sin separates you from truth, from God, from salvation, from life itself,
and binds you to death, the devil, corruption, lying, stealing, and all that is wrong and deceitful.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
This passage tells us that if a person hears the word of the Lord Jesus and believes in God who has sent Him, that person (1) has eternal life, (2) does not come into judgment or condemnation, and (3) has passed out of death into life.

This passage doesn't tell me that. The passage tells me that Jesus Christ is delusional.

Nothing at all to do with religion of men, nor a sadist .....

One verse from a text book doesn't help your argument here.

if anyone holds onto a sin, like homos&&&&&&& perversion, idolatry, greed, and so forth, and doesn't want to repent, then they will make up (being deluded by demons) any excuse not to repent, not to give up their sin, even though they die in their sin. They will blame YHVH, blame Christians, blame whoever or whatever they can think of or who the demons (or evil men) place in their thoughts to blame,
including calling YHVH what He is not and cannot be.

Based on this statement I can take on the role of a demon. Seeing that I am a demon now, it's fair to say that you are powerless against this demon. Nothing you are saying is really having an effect on the Kingdom of Darkness. Whatever you say, I gladly respond with a counter attack that has already left you mute with praying hands during this discussion. The reason why you are powerless is because the whole premise of believing in Jesus is a delusion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
(1 corinthians 1:18)

In my church there are multiple Doctors, lots of lawyers, a broad spectrum of respected professions. One could not accuse these people of being unintelligent or delusional. One could not say that they needed a crutch to survive in this life. So why are they believers? They must have responded to the message of the gospel.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On the contrary, one could say that. Me.
It wouldn't mean that you were correct.

I couldn't agree on that assessment. I have too much respect for the said individuals. Besides, they share my own beliefs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Trimeresurus

Advocatus diaboli
Mar 6, 2018
Heidelberg
✟25,985.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."
(1 corinthians 1:18)

In my church there are multiple Doctors, lots of lawyers, a broad spectrum of respected professions. One could not accuse these people of being unintelligent or delusional. One could not say that they needed a crutch to survive in this life. So why are they believers? They must have responded to the message of the gospel.

The biggest delusion of mankind is the idea, others would be more delisional.
So if someone feels the need to tell you about your delusions he is propably insecure about his own. One thing I do know fore sure. The more you know, the more you see how less you know. This is well-known by every scientist. So one hint for high intelligence is not to call others stupid and delisional too fast.

• Agree
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The biggest delusion of mankind is the idea, others would be more delisional.
So if someone feels the need to tell you about your delusions he is propably insecure about his own. One thing I do know fore sure. The more you know, the more you see how less you know. This is well-known by every scientist. So one hint for high intelligence is not to call others stupid and delisional too fast.
I haven't called anyone delusional or stupid?

Upvote 0