Sandiwich
✟323,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I love the guys answer, because the cross is historical fact, death burial and resurrection. No other religion has a living savior who ascended to heaven in any form of recorded history..

I would add that when one is born again you can not escape the change that occurs in ones own life.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Not believing in Jesus seems delusional to me. Look around everywhere and see the beauty of the Creator and His Creation feel His wonderful presence and His peace. Unfortunately many peoples eyes are closed and their hearts are hardened, Therefore I refuse to argue my points of theology with anyone simply because until the moment God opens their eyes to understanding, They will just not get it.
Many that claim to be atheist now just haven't had their damascus road experience yet. :]
If it is meant to be and they are not reprobate, Then God will open their eyes and see the truth. Regardless EVERY knee will bow one day, NO matter your opinion. :]

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Christianity is an act of plagiarism. Ideas stolen from the Ancient Egyptian Tombs via the hieroglyphics. There are various other theological stances that also have a virgin birth messiah and resurrection story, not just the Egyptians. The Europeans basically saw this " new information " and adopted it as their own and simply put " Jesus Christ " as the preferred name.

Scientifically speaking, it's a bit odd for this scientist in this particular video to say that believing in Jesus Christ is NOT delusional when there is countless scientific evidence in the Bible of delusions. A burning bush and talking snake to name a few.

Throughout history, magnificent minds like Isaac Newton, it's been a quest to try and figure out the Cosmos and how it got here. How it all started. All centered around the Big Bang Theory. Whenever a scientist like Isaac Newton reaches a point in their discovery of the Universe where they simply can not understand it? Is when they then put " God " in the equation because of the magnitude of the awesome creation that is the Universe it self. Isaac Newton isn't the only man to do this, ergo, this is the birth of Religion.

It's easy to simply say " Well there must be some sort of intelligent force behind all this. I figured out the planets and how they orbit. I figured out gravity and relativity. But now I'm stuck and can't figure this out so there must be a God "

On the basis of there being more than one virgin birth and resurrection story among various cultures is why I must say that Christianity is....delusional. It's also the prime example of the game telephone where a message starts with one person and as that person whispers the message to another..so on and so forth..by the time it reaches the last person in the room, that message is totally different.

In reading the Bible I've discovered countless contradictions and one of the main ones is the one the scientist in the video pointed out. The idea that there is no MERIT needed when actually there is. The premise is that you don't need to earn God to be in His Kingdom when there is scriptural evidence that you do.

Whenever Jesus and His disciples talk about a " falling away " or an apostate church or the classic line " He who has an ear here what the spirit is saying "...tells me that there are in fact conditions to getting in the Kingdom and already sets up a wall of division simply on the basis that if you don't " hear Him " then you are not worthy. Jesus Himself made it conditional when He said that if you choose your mother over Him then you are not worthy of Him or the Kingdom.

So, these are just some elementary examples of the fallacy of Christianity all rooted in the factual evidence that the religion itself is borrowed information from the Ancient Egyptian people.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is an act of plagiarism. Ideas stolen from the Ancient Egyptian Tombs via the hieroglyphics. There are various other theological stances that also have a virgin birth messiah and resurrection story, not just the Egyptians. The Europeans basically saw this " new information " and adopted it as their own and simply put " Jesus Christ " as the preferred name.

Scientifically speaking, it's a bit odd for this scientist in this particular video to say that believing in Jesus Christ is NOT delusional when there is countless scientific evidence in the Bible of delusions. A burning bush and talking snake to name a few.

Throughout history, magnificent minds like Isaac Newton, it's been a quest to try and figure out the Cosmos and how it got here. How it all started. All centered around the Big Bang Theory. Whenever a scientist like Isaac Newton reaches a point in their discovery of the Universe where they simply can not understand it? Is when they then put " God " in the equation because of the magnitude of the awesome creation that is the Universe it self. Isaac Newton isn't the only man to do this, ergo, this is the birth of Religion.

It's easy to simply say " Well there must be some sort of intelligent force behind all this. I figured out the planets and how they orbit. I figured out gravity and relativity. But now I'm stuck and can't figure this out so there must be a God "

On the basis of there being more than one virgin birth and resurrection story among various cultures is why I must say that Christianity is....delusional. It's also the prime example of the game telephone where a message starts with one person and as that person whispers the message to another..so on and so forth..by the time it reaches the last person in the room, that message is totally different.

In reading the Bible I've discovered countless contradictions and one of the main ones is the one the scientist in the video pointed out. The idea that there is no MERIT needed when actually there is. The premise is that you don't need to earn God to be in His Kingdom when there is scriptural evidence that you do.

Whenever Jesus and His disciples talk about a " falling away " or an apostate church or the classic line " He who has an ear here what the spirit is saying "...tells me that there are in fact conditions to getting in the Kingdom and already sets up a wall of division simply on the basis that if you don't " hear Him " then you are not worthy. Jesus Himself made it conditional when He said that if you choose your mother over Him then you are not worthy of Him or the Kingdom.

So, these are just some elementary examples of the fallacy of Christianity all rooted in the factual evidence that the religion itself is borrowed information from the Ancient Egyptian people.

I doubt if anyone will bother to engage with you on this kind of basic silliness, it just makes it evident that you haven’t ‘done your homework’. If you’ve got something that you think is a genuinely knotty issue, your most ‘really difficult’ issue then please do post (with your own take on the evidence as you see it, not just what someone else said) as there are some interesting questions.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
I doubt if anyone will bother to engage with you on this kind of basic silliness, it just makes it evident that you haven’t ‘done your homework’. If you’ve got something that you think is a genuinely knotty issue, your most ‘really difficult’ issue then please do post (with your own take on the evidence as you see it, not just what someone else said) as there are some interesting questions.

I can refute the Bible using the Bible itself, sir. No need for the condescension though.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can refute the Bible using the Bible itself, sir. No, need for the condescension though.

Yes, well you could do a bit better. Stunning example of biblical denial genius number one please -

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh Sheldon Cooper, that's a cute username you gave yourself there. And why I feel like this was ironically plagarized somewhere, im about to check some of these words....

Been debunked already. Stories don't parallel, and it would have been impossible for them to have the same account of the story of it across the gospels considering the authors were not in the same place.

And all those other scientific theories like the big bang theory are not becauseeeee.......

Ah there it is the Big Bang Theory...

LOL. No.

You're gonna have to defend that all the others were also historical. I know you won't, its an old argument, but lets see how far you go.

Yes you have to do actions, duh, you have to do stuff and make decisions, but to be able to do in under God's will can never come solely by you, never by your own merit,with our free will, we naturally always choose what we want to do and what we feel its right whenever and whatever we do, so doing deeds are face-value. God knows the heart and who truly believes and trust Him, or who is really about themselves and how they want to enjoy their limited lifespan.

Its only through awareness of God, understanding of the Word, and guidance of the Holy Spirit are we able to put our attention to the things that will last (our spirit) and not towards things that will pass us (this world and our flesh), and why we are here in the first place, to be of His image which includes being loving, caring, kind, wise, etc and to commune with God.

So yes, the man is correct. But if you're spiritually dead and didn't actually pick up a Bible and read it for yourself, instead of googling what other people said for 1-2 hours and copy-paste other peoples thoughts, you won't get that.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
If you’ve got something that you think is a genuinely knotty issue, your most ‘really difficult’ issue then please do post (with your own take on the evidence as you see it, not just what someone else said)

The Bible you study and live by is a document based on what someone else said. It would be wise to not contradict yourself in trying to rectify an alleged issue with another person's view point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The Bible you study and live by is a document based on what someone else said. It would be wise to not contradict yourself in trying to rectify an alleged issue with another person's view point.

He said that because your post look plagiarized man.

It looks like you copy and paste what you wish you sounded like without acknowledgment of where it came from. Very choppy.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible you study and live by is a document based on what someone else said. It would be wise to not contradict yourself in trying to rectify and alleged issue with another person's view point.

Yes, what we are talking about here, in terms of the kind of points you put in your post, are things that people say about the bible. Like other areas of study, there are credible - i.e well informed (fit in with evidence from other areas of study, apply consistently to the material being critiqued), speculative (speaks for itself), and ‘far out and bizarre’ (i.e don’t rely on any sort of consistent or reliable evidence even to the level of being speculative). If you’ve got anything that fits into the first category then it would be interesting to hear it.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Been debunked already. Stories don't parallel, and it would have been impossible for them to have the same account of the story of it across the gospels considering the authors were not in the same place.

Yes, the stories are not supposed to parallel. Otherwise there would be one worldwide religion but because the stories don't parallel is the reason for many different religions.

And by stories I mean the theology as a whole, not just the gospels.

Horus is the " Jesus " of the Egyptian tale of a virgin birth and resurrected messiah.

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, the stories are not supposed to parallel. Otherwise there would be one worldwide religion but because the stories don't parallel is the reason for many different religions.

And by stories I mean the theology as a whole, not just the gospels.

Horus is the " Jesus " of the Egyptian tale of a virgin birth and resurrected messiah.

Again, the Horus was debunked. I can give you a link to it if you need it.

So which is the true religion then? If your case is that everything stemmed from everything else, then which is the source that everyone else telephoned from?

The big bang theory? Is that the true one for you?

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Yes, what we are talking about here, in terms of the kind of points you put in your post, are things that people say about the bible. Like other areas of study, there are credible - i.e well informed (fit in with evidence from other areas of study, apply consistently to the material being critiqued), speculative (speaks for itself), and ‘far out and bizarre’ (i.e don’t rely on any sort of consistent or reliable evidence even to the level of being speculative). If you’ve got anything that fits into the first category then it would be interesting to hear it.

There's more than enough evidence that shows the premise of religion. Paintings on caves since before the pyramids were even built. Papyrus wasn't introduced until generations later yet " religion " existed already. Do realize this was way before the " idea of Christianity " was even thought up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Again, the Horus was debunked. I can give you a link to it if you need it.

So which is the true religion then? If your case is that everything stemmed from everything else, then which is the source that everyone else telephoned from?

The big bang theory? Is that the true one for you?

Yes, I do believe in science. Without it we wouldn't even have religion to be quite technical. What's happened over the centuries is scientists figure things out and once they hit a stumbling block, that awe feeling of wonder takes over which Christians refer to as " catching the Holy Ghost. " There is a physically manifested after math in reaching such heights of understanding and it is at that point where man decided that everything as we know it was created by Intelligent Design.

The Big Bang Theory is still being researched as more information develops as to what caused it. When that is figured out, if it ever is figured out, you can bet your bottom dollar that religion will become very obsolete. It's fine to believe in something, not knocking anyone for having a belief, however it's belief systems that put humanity in cages and creates dissension, hatred and other emotions that bring humanity closer to extinction.

Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's more than enough evidence that shows the premise of religion. Paintings on caves since before the pyramids were even built. Papyrus wasn't introduced until generations later yet " religion " existed already. Do realize this was way before the " idea of Christianity " was even thought up.

Ok, being serious now, I wasn’t sure if you were but it appears that you are. Yes, there were many religions and belief systems that preceded Christianity. What’s your point?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

You know Christianity also comprise of the OT, which speaks of the beginning of the world, the existence of man and animals how people split up, and the development of the other religions that you're claiming existed before the "idea of Christianity".

So yes the establishments of churches under Christianity naturally didn't start until after Jesus and yes other religions existed,(hence the no other gods and no graven image, hence the accounts of the 3 hebrew boys, the destruction of the golden calf, having the ark of the covenant in the presence of an Egyptian god and what happened there, the list goes on ,read the Bible please, you're not telling me anything I don't know/obvious observations...), but Jesus is the fulfillment of God's promises made from the beginning of time.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
It's delusional because by definition it means seeing or believing something that isn't there in actuality. The Bible is an account of what others saw but no one in this millennia, this age, this generation or various generations before this one has actually seen this Jesus. How then is it not delusional by definition?

By definition, it's obviously delusional. The only means to debunk this claim is by putting the word Faith in it. And there lies the meaningless debates that tend to give me a headache.

Upvote 0
Mar 9, 2018
Houston
✟2,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Ok, being serious now, I wasn’t sure if you were but it appears that you are. Yes, there were many religions and belief systems that preceded Christianity. What’s your point?

My point is that Christianity is delusional.

Upvote 0