Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I am seriously amazed by this thread.
A conglomerate of all the vacuous old claims about atheists... you have to worship something, everything is meaningless for you, you know God exists, atheism is a faith... yadda yadda yadda.

I understand that Christianity is based on a system that is 2000 years old... but you might think that during this time some of them started to listen to others and came up with something that didn't just attack their own made-up strawmen...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So... Christians believe in exactly the same God as every other religion?

yes they be one and the same ... atheists are right in there belief this god does not exist, but none the less this god still rules over them because not believing a lie does not reveal the truth ...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
yes they be one and the same ... atheists are right in there belief this god does not exist, but none the less this god still rules over them because not believing a lie does not reveal the truth ...
You really might want to work on your reasoning skills.

Do Christians believe in the same God as other religions?
You say: yes.
But then you say that these other Gods that other religions believe in do not exist.
So that would lead to the conclusion that the God that Christians believe in does not exist either, as it is the same God as every other God.

Atheists do not believe either of these Gods exist. We don't believe in any of your "lies".

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟248,663.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
well for one you hold to and are grouped together with others who's belief is that deities do not exist, which matters not if they do or do not seeing there is a third option ... in other words being for or being against are just two sides of the same coin ...

So my belief that no deities exist is a doctrine to which I hold because of...my belief that no deities exist.

That's it, is it? I think I might stop there...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am seriously amazed by this thread.
A conglomerate of all the vacuous old claims about atheists... you have to worship something, everything is meaningless for you, you know God exists, atheism is a faith... yadda yadda yadda.

I understand that Christianity is based on a system that is 2000 years old... but you might think that during this time some of them started to listen to others and came up with something that didn't just attack their own made-up strawmen...

the fact that the nature of this thread is offensive to you proves your atheism has become your religion ...

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You really might want to work on your reasoning skills.

Do Christians believe in the same God as other religions?
You say: yes.
But then you say that these other Gods that other religions believe in do not exist.
So that would lead to the conclusion that the God that Christians believe in does not exist either, as it is the same God as every other God.

Atheists do not believe either of these Gods exist. We don't believe in any of your "lies".

all religions hold to the belief in a god outside or separate from themselves and therefor share in the same lie whatever form they give to it ... atheists have made a religion out of not believing in these gods and therefor believe they have the truth, but the truth is as elusive to them as it is to those they disagree with ...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
all religions hold to the belief in a god outside or separate from themselves and therefor share in the same lie whatever form they give to it ... atheists have made a religion out of not believing in these gods and therefor believe they have the truth, but the truth is as elusive to them as it is to those they disagree with ...
I am not offended. I am not trying to offend you. All I am saying is that you might want to reconsider your reasoning.

You are, just here, just now, telling me that you, as a Christian, believe in a lie.

Now I have never said anything about atheists "believing the have the truth"... that's another one of these age-old strawmen arguments that Christians love to make... but wouldn't you think that NOT believing a lie is still better than believing a lie?

the fact that the nature of this thread is offensive to you proves your atheism has become your religion ...
The "nature" of this thread is "being filled with stuff that we have dealt with for most of our life, have discussed it with hundreds of people, have given explanation after explanation, answer after answer... and still people continue to make these false claims and arguments."

If being a bit annoyed by the obstinacy of humans is a religion now... well, then I am a devout believer (But then, hey, I am. Look at my title!)

But that again is one of the beloved Christian strawmen: claiming that not being religious is being religious and thus they we are just like them... only wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my belief that no deities exist is a doctrine to which I hold because of...my belief that no deities exist.

That's it, is it? I think I might stop there...

the fact you are here talking about something which does not exist proves you have something you want to prove, and whether this be to yourself or others matters not for all religions are based in the same lie for or against ...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
the fact you are here talking about something which does not exist proves you have something you want to prove, and whether this be to yourself or others matters not for all religions are based in the same lie for or against ...
Aaaaaaand.... the next beloved Christian strawman: You talk about it, so there must be behind it.

Well, honeypie, atheists don't believe that God exists. The Christian God, or any other God. They do accept that people who believe in these Gods do exist... and their existence has a rather big impact on us. All of us, regardless of belief.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not offended. I am not trying to offend you. All I am saying is that you might want to reconsider your reasoning.

You are, just here, just now, telling me that you, as a Christian, believe in a lie.

Now I have never said anything about atheists "believing the have the truth"... that's another one of these age-old strawmen arguments that Christians love to make... but wouldn't you think that NOT believing a lie is still better than believing a lie?

i would have left the space for religion blank but there was not the option to do so and seeing the belief in Jesus of Nazareth is sufficient in the christian religion to qualify there is no deception on my part albeit that said i hold to none of the theologies or doctrines that have come out from it ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aaaaaaand.... the next beloved Christian strawman: You talk about it, so there must be behind it.

Well, honeypie, atheists don't believe that God exists. The Christian God, or any other God. They do accept that people who believe in these Gods do exist... and their existence has a rather big impact on us. All of us, regardless of belief.

i am sorry if your perception of my posts are offensive to you but there is no judgement of you in them on my part because from where i am seeing from nothing is out of order ...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
i would have left the space for religion blank but there was not the option to do so and seeing the belief in Jesus of Nazareth is sufficient in the christian religion to qualify there is no deception on my part albeit that said i hold to none of the theologies or doctrines that have come out from it ...
You might want to read the rules again. There are very specific requirements for "Christians" here, and posing as a Christian if you don't fulfil these requirements is an offense against these rules.

Seriously... some people...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You might want to read the rules again. There are very specific requirements for "Christians" here, and posing as a Christian if you don't fulfil these requirements is an offense against these rules.

Seriously... some people...

its common thing amongst the religious to crucify those who do not bow down to their image of the truth ...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
its common thing amongst the religious to crucify those who do not bow down to their image of the truth ...
And it's very common for some people to play the victim, or even the martyr, just so that the don't have to admit to being wrong.

I might not agree with the reasons for some of the rules here, and I might not like the consequences some of these rules have for me.

But I chose to be - or to remain - a member here. It was a deliberate choice, I was presented with these rules, and I consented to follow them.

And so did you.

If someone did this and still doesn't follow the rules.... for whatever reasons... they demonstrate that they are either deliberately dishonest, or don't understand what they are participating in.

Which of these two categories do you fall into?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟105,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And it's very common for some people to play the victim, or even the martyr, just so that the don't have to admit to being wrong.

I might not agree with the reasons for some of the rules here, and I might not like the consequences some of these rules have for me.

But I chose to be - or to remain - a member here. It was a deliberate choice, I was presented with these rules, and I consented to follow them.

And so did you.

If someone did this and still doesn't follow the rules.... for whatever reasons... they demonstrate that they are either deliberately dishonest, or don't understand what they are participating in.

Which of these two categories do you fall into?

neither ... which rules are you referring to which you are saying i have not kept to ?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
In the purely Atheistic universe, nothing really matters.
That is simply not true. I cannot understand the way Christians seem to have a blind spot about why things matter to people who are not themselves.

It’s like your saying if something does not matter to you it cannot matter to other people either.

My wife and son matter to me more than anything else: you not being able to understand that is mind numbing.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,512.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Not so. It shows that some Christians are unable to put themselves into the shoes of another person.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0