Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
How do you know this? Romans 1:20.
Nope...I know this by seeing Him in His own Creation.

There are religious texts that contradict themselves that can add supporting information for the existence of God, but in the essential quality and totality of the true nature of God, this can only be found in the only book that does not self contradict. Thats the Bible.
How about when a person takes a step towards God and actually becomes aware of His presence in Life, by doing that would they become convinced that there is a more direct way to learn God's true nature...by direct communion with Him?

But aside from learning about God's nature, which isn't all that important in the over all scheme of things...how about actually making God one's reality? Isn't that much more important?

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
The true God can't. But the Theistic viewpoint of Panentheism can be self refuting. Remember the post about Dr. Phil Fernandes?
Any "theistic" view point is self-refuting. But God isn't. Panentheism isn't my viewpoint. God is. Your seeming to not understand that.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Any "theistic" view point is self-refuting. But God isn't. Panentheism isn't my viewpoint. God is. Your seeming to not understand that.

Who is God? Is he an impersonal force? Thats Pantheism, and the impersonal God has not a shred of evidence for him.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Who is God? Is he an impersonal force? Thats Pantheism, and the impersonal God has not a shred of evidence for him.
The God I know and am aware of is so totally personal that my very soul is dependent upon Him. He is closer to me than my own blood vessels...and I'm consciously aware of that intimacy. My complete reality is God. That's all pretty darn personal.

One has to get past logic to see and experience such intimacy though. Logic can even be a stumbling block to the awareness of God.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The God I know and am aware of is so totally personal that my very soul is dependent upon Him. He is closer to me than my own blood vessels...and I'm consciously aware of that intimacy. My complete reality is God. That's all pretty darn personal.

One has to get past logic to see and experience such intimacy though. Logic can even be a stumbling block to the awareness of God.

Yet he is a what?

And we're back at Panentheism again. http://hamashiachagape.blogspot.com/2010/08/refuting-various-philosophical.html

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Right, impersonal. Thats nonsense.
I know you think so. But not from what I've experienced. Have you ever experienced life as being impersonal? That's essentially what your saying. And from my perspective...that’s what's nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Instead of labeling God...how about just experiencing God? Your still missing the whole perspective of God as ones complete reality.

All is God and God is all. No, as I'm suggesting, that is nonsense. God also has created finite things. You will die. Thats an example.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Just a quick note on the blogspot article...being aware of God in both the infinite AND finite opens one up to God that is God based...not logic based. The article is missing the meat of the matter....that being God!!!

God has become some impersonal force to you. How does this impersonal force have the capacity to create? You seem to want to undercut the definition of who God is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
All is God and God is all. No, as I'm suggesting, that is nonsense. God also has created finite things. You will die. Thats an example.
Yes, my body dies. But my soul, which is an activity of God...it doesn't die. Look at life around us...the trees die...but life continues anyway because it is made up of the very essence of God. All of that spark of life with in Creation itself is an activity of God. If God is taken out of the picture...all of life would vanish in an instant.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
God has become some impersonal force to you.
You know...that comment is so out of line. But your not one to look into another heart to see what's there...so how would you know?!?

How does this impersonal force have the capacity to create? You seem to want to undercut the definition of who God is.
God IS NOT a definition!!

It appears that your trying to create an image of something that just is not there.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
God also has created finite things. You will die. Thats an example.
Just to add another thought...yes my physical body dies and through our death and suffering God also knows and experiences death and suffering. His relationship is that personal and intimate with us.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟732,930.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Hay hamashiachagape, I was checking my FaceBook page and came across some words from someone else that draws a picture of a person seeing the Divine within life itself.

"You are part of everything! You are part of the fire, you are part of the water, you are part of the green, you are part of the stars, and you are related to everything. You are related to the stones, to the trees, to the fish, to the creepy-crawlers, to the ones that fly, to the ones that walk on all fours, and to the ones that walk on two legs. Everything is sacred and, therefore, you are sacred too. That's what we mean when we say, " Mitakuye Oyasin"(All My Relatives)."
-Wallace Black Elk

Upvote 0