• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured At What Point Do You Think You Are Truly Saved?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by ChristServant, Nov 19, 2020.

1. BNR32FAN

BNR32FAN He’s a Way of life Supporter

+3,997
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The church the apostles established.

2. RickReads

RickReads Well-Known Member

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Churches are imperfect, just as people are. There are no commands to blindly trust in doctrines of men.

3. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
  4. klutedavid

klutedavid Well-Known Member

+3,263
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Is this the easy path to salvation?

Joel 2:32
    And it will come about that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord Will be saved.

Acts 2:21
    And it shall be that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

Romans 10:13
    For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.

The parable of the sower is still valid of course. Therefore, the calling on the name of the Lord, must be lifelong!

5. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+4,652
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Paul or his disciples post mortem in 2nd Timothy write that all scripture is God breathed and useful for teaching, preaching, rebuking, and training in righteousness - so that the man of God can be equipped for every good work. So if a part of the canon does not fulfill this purpose - does that mean it is not scripture?

A letter by Peter confirms Paul's epistles are scripture - the list of epistles are not listed.

There is the promise that the Holy Spirit would lead us into all truth, there is not a promise that the bible will lead us into all truth.

6. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    You gotta be kidding me.

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

7. Michael Collum

+4,652
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Yet people who can't hear, can still receive the gospel.

8. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Preaching was emphasized because only a few were literate back then. Reading it works just fine if you can understand the words. Many can`t.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Michael Collum

+4,652
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    And in countries where the literature is banned, some people meet Jesus in dreams and convert anyway.

10. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Yes, but that is uncommon. My point to you simply is that the Bible affirms itself in many places
    and per the scriptures, some contact with the gospel is necessary in order for faith to be given.

11. Michael Collum

+4,652
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    It is also written in a number of places that God does not show favoritism.

So what applies to the exception, applies to everyone.

12. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+914
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    and where is that found today ?

13. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    You making excuses for not reading your Bible?

14. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
  15. Michael Collum

+4,652
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    That's a good one.

(today's study was on patience.)

upload_2020-11-19_16-40-52.png

16. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    The old saying is praying for patience is a sure way to get it tested.

17. PaulCyp1

PaulCyp1 Well-Known Member Supporter

+731
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    You are truly saved when you enter Heaven. Until that moment, you have the ability to choose salvation or reject it. Some people live sinful lives, but find God shortly before death, and are saved. Other people live "holy" lives, close to God and active in His church, but reject it in their later years, and forfeit salvation.

18. Michael Collum

+4,652
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I think the tests to my patience are the most memorable, so that probably means I'm not all that patient.

19. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+914
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
  20. RickReads

+374
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    Statistically, it would be rare for a person to abandon their religion in their later years.