At what point did you start feeling like a "grown up"?

GMullins

Feb 4, 2014
Tampa, Fl
✟15,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm 29, been married for 11 years, have 3 beautiful kids, have done all the "grown up" things, and yet I still feel like I'm 16..... I blame it on falling in love with my wife at 16, I feel like the age you fall in love is the age you remain in your head.

So to answer the question I dont feel grown up yet. Not sure I ever will or if I even want to. Looks like my dreams of "being a Toy R'us" kid came true.

Upvote 0
M

Mikon

I had to take on a lot of adult responsibilities very young- I would say when I started acting like an adult around 15-16, feeling like an adult was around 17-18 because instead of just pitching in here and there, I literally started to help financially support my family. The stress hit high notes between 21-23 when I was solely responsible for my family financially- which kicked my butt into adulthood whether I liked it or not.

But it really hit home when I realized adults aren't to different from teens, they just have more bills to pay.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
When I started dealing with insurance nightmares and pharmaceutical companies. lol (SO...like 18?)

Not really. I feel about the same, I guess. But different too. Hard to explain. I mean, I work, go to school, pay my own way (with occasional help, given my health issues and meds and medical debts...), am in a relationship, all that jazz. But I still feel like the same person as I always did, just busier. haha

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
well, when I was 11 and started wearing bras lol

actually for me I still kinda see myslf as a kid or teenager, even though I've been interacting with adults on an adult level a lot lately.

I have noticed a many people regard me as older than I feel. Someone called me a "woman" on CF the other day and it warmed my heart!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Orange Crow

Aug 16, 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People around me say that they see me constantly changing and I am on the right way to get more mature, day by day, although there's a lot to learn and gather when it comes to general knowledge about all kinds of things. But compared to a year or two ago.. I have really changed and I still am changing and growing day by day.

Upvote 0
T

tomwhite84

When did you start feeling like an adult?

I'm 29 and I still don't feel like an adult, despite being independent of my parents, having a job, living in my place, etc.

I think in part that is because I am single while many of my friends and community are married. When I stop to think, I know that it is wrong to equate "getting married, settling down, raising kids" with "growing up", but there is still the feeling that I have yet to join the adult world because of it. To some extent I think the conservative culture of my community reinforces that idea, probably in reaction to teens and other twentysomethings running around indulging in sex drugs and EDM or whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.