Not open for further replies.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
May I again propose that the REAL issue that needs to be decided FIRST is:

What is the VISION of CF?

The current vision is undoable, unworkable and sets us up for failure. We cannot acheive the original vision as stated . . .it is not possible for this iste to unite all Christians in one body. It is a lofty dream, nothing more.

In order to determine between option 1 or 2 or 3 or any other option, we need a doable, workable, acheivable vision to reach for.

SO, I propose that the VISION of CF needs to change.

Instead of trying to do the impossible, unite all christians in one body, we should try to achieve something real.

I propose that we start with something more along these lines:

Proposed Vision:

Promote understanding, fellowship, and ministry among Christians to each other and to the world

Once we have a realistic vision, then we can come up with a realistic way to move forward at this site.

Upvote 0

*Starlight*

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time
Jan 19, 2005
Right in front of you *waves*
Visit site
✟133,073.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The vision of THIS web site uniting all Chirsitans as one is really only a pipe dream, and a refusal to define what is Christianity throws a huge wrench into the system.
Hi! :wave: It seems to me that it was a definition of Christianity that made the goal of uniting all Christians impossible. It's impossible to make a definition of Christianity which would really include every single Christian in the world, there will always be some people unfairly excluded. That's why I think the only way to unite all Christian is to let each member define themselves as a follower of Christ or not.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
A moderator sometimes will reach out to someone who is struggling in many different areas, and when a moderator reaches out to a person who is struggling, one way to do this is with praying and sharing words of hope and faith and love and thus giving encouragement in representing Jesus and this wonderful gift of Salvation.

A Non-believer/non-Christian is not able to help and encourage a Christian who is struggling in their faith and might accidentally or purposely mislead a struggling Christian away from Christ. Other than this, I think non-Christians/non-believers would do fine with moderating, but we need Christian moderators who view this as a ministry in reaching out to others who are hurting and downtrodden and who need kindness and words of hope, faith and love.
And I´d say there will always be Christian moderators that could ensure this.

After all, mods would be voted on, to ensure that the participants of the forums are confident in their fairness. So in the same way as I, a non-Christian, have to assume that I will be treated fairly by my Christian moderator, a Christian will have to assume that a non-Christian moderator will treat him fairly... and refer him to a Christian collegue, if needed.

We are not here to take over this forum and destroy your souls... not all the time, that is. ;)

Upvote 0

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Any place that you have a body of believers gathering to talk with one another and to learn about God with one another is technically and Biblically a Church
wrong, where one or more is gathered, there is God, not a church.

Upvote 0

.Sabre.

Aliens ate my custom title.
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2006
Chasing the sun's fading light
✟40,588.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi! :wave: It seems to me that it was a definition of Christianity that made the goal of uniting all Christians impossible. It's impossible to make a definition of Christianity which would really include every single Christian in the world, there will always be some people unfairly excluded. That's why I think the only way to unite all Christian is to let each member define themselves as a follower of Christ or not.
Exactly.

Upvote 0

KerrMetric

Oct 2, 2005
Pasadena, CA
✟6,671.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Another fantastic post.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
wrong, where one or more is gathered, there is God, not a church.
Where one or more are gathered then there is God and the Body of Christ therefore the Church Militant

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
morningstar2651 said:
I have an idea.

Two teams, a ministry team and a moderation team.

Brimshack said:
Actually, I think that is a rather good idea. Of course non-Christian mods aren't going to lead people to Christ, etc. But they can moderate a forum, particularly the open debate forums (which were chronically understaffed as I understand it). Perhaps the question is less whether or not non-Christians can do the job than whether or not there are two different jobs to be done.

I an agree with this. The Faith section here at CF should be moderated by christians. I have no problem with that and do not disagree. I have felt this way since all this began in the changes here.

Other sections here, a non christian moderator can do an effective job at keeping the peace, enforcing the rules, etc. Or helping with personal exprfeience on a subject.

As I have stated in other threads similiar in discussion to this one, one's faith (or lack thereof) isnt an issue to deal with others such as in Recovery.

Go to any AA or NA meeting and the guy next to you might be a devout catholic or the lady on your right a baptist and the dude in the front is a former Presbyterian minister that conveted to buddhism.The older gal behind you is an agnostic and the teen next to her is clueless of faith BUT they al have one thing in common that nbinds us al together: our disease.

The one that might help me when it hits the fan in my life may be a Pagan or the one that I help thru a rough night might be a Lutheran Deacon.

Addictions and alcoholism is no respector of beliefs.

Its one of personal experience with a caring compassionate heart that is needed here, not one of any desire of power or control.

at least for me thats how I see it.

hi. My name is Norm and I am honored to be a Moderator in Training for the Recovery section here at CF.

But I do agree as I already posted way back on about page 8 or so here that I do feel there needs to more a middle ground Option.

Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Where one or more are gathered then there is God and the Body of Christ therefore the Church Militant
if my husband and i begin to discuss theology adn God right now it doens't miraculously turn my trailer into a church. :doh:

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
if my husband and i begin to discuss theology adn God right now it doens't miraculously turn my trailer into a church. :doh:
actually it turns it into an ecclesial community and where God is so is the Church

Upvote 0
Any place that you have a body of believers gathering to talk with one another and to learn about God with one another is technically and Biblically a Church
Exactly, so how is this a church, look at some of the topics in the teen section, then tell me this is a place we can talk about God, because right now it isn't a church.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
May I again propose that the REAL issue that needs to be decided FIRST is:
What is the VISION of CF?
The current vision is undoable, unworkable and sets us up for failure. We cannot acheive the original vision as stated . . .it is not possible for this iste to unite all Christians in one body. It is a lofty dream, nothing more.

In order to determine between option 1 or 2 or 3 or any other option, we need a doable, workable, acheivable vision to reach for.

SO, I propose that the VISION of CF needs to change.

Instead of trying to do the impossible, unite all christians in one body, we should try to achieve something real.

I propose that we start with something more along these lines:
Proposed Vision:

Promote understanding, fellowship, and ministry among Christians to each other and to the world
Once we have a realistic vision, then we can come up with a realistic way to move forward at this site.

Now I understand this and I agree to this wholeheartedly :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Wow I would hate to invite people into my home and have them call it a guetto. Some guest that would be.

Again , its been suggested that an open forum be created but they would rather force themselves on others instead and give no care to their needs even when a guest in their home. How very tolerant.

CF did create some ghettoes. Some of the Congregation forums were created as ghettoes for people not wanted in existing forums. "Welcome to your new home! We don't want you in our home, so we've built you this shiny new ghetto." This thread isn't the first time the comparison has been made.

Upvote 0

karen freeinchristman

More of You and less of me, Lord!
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2004
North west of England
✟62,407.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hate this poll.
Me, too.

Neither the thesis nor the antithesis, but rather the synthesis. Further, the synthesis cannot be rushed.
Sounds like a good idea.

Erwin, there's middle ground to be had. You've polarized options, making both all or nothing. There are degrees of change, and nuances to look at.

If this poll was another knee-jerk reaction, take some time to actually work it out, because the best solution isn't listed as an option.
:thumbsup:

I only just found this thread.

My heart sank.
Mine, too.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Exactly, so how is this a church, look at some of the topics in the teen section, then tell me this is a place we can talk about God, because right now it isn't a church.
I agree and that is because we need to better define our mission statement here on CF which is what my friend TLF is talking about and be more realistic and in conjunction with Christ's prophecy and how it is effecting us now...

Christ prophesied the divisions among men and that they would not be done away with until he returned. This is what is being shown to us now and has been further amplified by these changes I think in reality.

I think in order for us to come together in anyway we need to realize that we have differences amongst us that will not dissipate until we agree that the common factor we have to all of us is we believe in God and Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and promote Him first on this website.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.