• Option 2

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Hi members

This poll, started by drstevej, was PMed to me recently. I think that it does make a good point and I wanted it moved out of the Conservative Christians forum to the Announcement forum to gather input from other members as well.

The issue here is whether CF's name should be changed and its vision modified to reflect its current framework.

This site at the moment is at a cross-roads, and can go either way. It can either become:

1. A safe social community site with a heavy and strong Christian influence (with the vision being to offer a safe online community, and a secondary vision being to allow Christians to outreach to non-Christians) - which will allow for a name change;

OR

2. Return to a more restricted Christians-only site with a heavy emphasis on uniting mainstream Christians only with a less emphasis on outreach, in which case we keep the name.

Bear in mind that options 1 and 2 are both valid - there is a place for either forums.

I think that at this moment members are frustrated because CF is halfway between options 1 and 2, so members are confused as we have a vision that belongs to option 2 but a setup that is more like option 1.

Therefore, I think we need to make a decision.

I'm going to leave this up to the community. I've extended the above poll to 3rd of August.

I will listen to the members here, and will defer to the final decision.

Please feel free to discuss this issue in this thread.

MOD NOTE:
Please discuss this issue in this: http://www.christianforums.com/t579...sion-thread-please-vote-in-poll-thread-2.html
thread instead so that the poll may remain open.

Reactions: MeekOne

DedicatedLittleFaith

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2006
Quebec,Canada
Visit site
✟28,906.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2, because if this is a CHRISTIAN site, it should be proud to be that...and have it as that.

Well Hi there! :wave:

It seems we are again in agreement! :hug:

(Now I am expecting Hell to freeze over any moment.... :p )

Upvote 0
H

HadessahRose

Well Hi there! :wave:

It seems we are again in agreement! :hug:

(Now I am expecting Hell to freeze over any moment.... :p )
LOL! Made me snort!

a name like CHRISTIAN forum is FOR Christians. IF Erwin wants to have a 'non christian' section...people should be free to go to that area and discuss anything they like..evangelize reach out. I am all for that. BUT I do believe that Christians should have a safe place to discuss things as well. Why can't people that have the incessant need to debate/evangelize etc. simply GO to those threads?? Nothing difficult about it really!

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi members

This poll, started by drstevej, was PMed to me recently. I think that it does make a good point and I wanted it moved out of the Conservative Christians forum to the Announcement forum to gather input from other members as well.

The issue here is whether CF's name should be changed and its vision modified to reflect its current framework.

This site at the moment is at a cross-roads, and can go either way. It can either become:

1. A safe social community site with a heavy and strong Christian influence (with the vision being to offer a safe online community, and a secondary vision being to allow Christians to outreach to non-Christians) - which will allow for a name change;

OR

2. Return to a more restricted Christians-only site with a heavy emphasis on uniting mainstream Christians only with a less emphasis on outreach, in which case we keep the name.

Bear in mind that options 1 and 2 are both valid - there is a place for either forums.

I think that at this moment members are frustrated because CF is halfway between options 1 and 2, so members are confused as we have a vision that belongs to option 2 but a setup that is more like option 1.

Therefore, I think we need to make a decision.

I'm going to leave this up to the community. I've extended the above poll to 3rd of August.

I will listen to the members here, and will defer to the final decision.

Please feel free to discuss this issue in this thread.
C'mon, counsel. This is leading.

Reactions: Matrona
Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Erwin, you've stacked the decks already. Your descriptions are loaded in favour of one option, straight off the bat.

Further, there's middle ground to be had, and you know it. Neither of those options are hugely palatable. Why are you still fostering an "us" and "them" dynamic?

It's possible to be a Christian Forum and have outreach. In fact, if there isn't outreach, it's not Christian. Your premise implies it has to be one or the other. That's incorrect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL! Made me snort!

a name like CHRISTIAN forum is FOR Christians. IF Erwin wants to have a 'non christian' section...people should be free to go to that area and discuss anything they like..evangelize reach out. I am all for that. BUT I do believe that Christians should have a safe place to discuss things as well. Why can't people that have the incessant need to debate/evangelize etc. simply GO to those threads?? Nothing difficult about it really!

A ghetto is a ghetto is a ghetto. Give it fancy names, dress it up in the Cross, it remains a ghetto.

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
option 2 It should always remain CHRISTIAN FORUMS!

Christians should have a place to fellowship. A place to celebrate the love of our God.

Apologetics is rough, it shouldn't be allowed to take over the whole forum.

Upvote 0

invisible trousers

~*this post promotes non-nicene christianity*~
Apr 22, 2005
✟20,718.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus never fellowshipped with the downtrodden, leftovers, and non-believers. Jesus never tried to reach out to anyone who wasn't christian, He instead made sure that those who weren't like Him were kept a safe distance away in their own little ghettos; voted option 2.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

flicka

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 9, 2003
✟36,720.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
The name should stay. But I voted option 1. I don't like your options at all.

There can be enough rules in place to keep Christians "safe" and enough wiggle room to allow for discussion of other beliefs as well. People come here primarily to discuss Christan themes, debate things, and talk to people who share their beliefs. Expanding the site to allow for things like non-Christian mods and more open communication does nothing to change that. Really, the only difference I see here, in the "new cf" are all the threads [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ing about change....everywhere else is basically the same ol same ol. It may be hurting people's pride or stepping on a few toes to have a reorganization like this but most members don't seem concerned. Most don't write Wiki's or even vote in polls like this because it hasn't effected them or why they come here.

Bottom line is, if option two means this site will be run exactly how it was 2 months ago, complete with overly restrictive rules and mods who warn, issue infractions, cannabalize threads or delete them altogether, and ban anyone for acting in a way they decide is "unchristain"...well you can have it.

Reactions: Axver
Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you calling this place a ghetto? I am not sure what you are getting at here.

I am saying you--in violation of the Good News of our salvation--advocate the creation of a ghetto.

Yes, it is that blunt.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.