Visit site
✟19,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Inan3 has stated what I came here to say - "what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?", etc.

Sometimes I come to this foum for like-minded Christian fellowship, and I don't want non-Christians replying.

Other times I come here to team-debate the pagan evolutionists (who don't know when they've lost the debate). I tire of that eventually because of the devilish lawlessness/chaos.

Upvote 0

Flynmonkie

The First Official FrankenMonkie ;)
Feb 23, 2004
Home of Harry Truman - Missouri
Visit site
✟20,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
:holy: My humble opinion, buried deep in this thread ---I am really lost as to why this whole system changed in the first place? I believe it should go back to where it was before. Have areas for open fellowship, and sub-categories for liberal or not so liberal in thought if needed. The main forum for each denomination is also open and those whom participate need to play nice. Such as a Baptist form; then Liberal, and Conservative (should cover everything short of Fred Phelps – this should not be allowed and considered a hate crime!). If Calvinism needs a corner – give it to them. If Anabaptists want to participate in the main Baptist or other forums it is OK, if not they too should have their own corner for fellowship. I have been in that place where I wish to be around like minded; however, as Christians I do not believe we are taught to restrict ourselves to that. We are to go out into the world and do whatever God sets before us. In fact, I have grown many times from getting out amongst those whom DON’T think like I do it either solidifies my belief, or teaches me that I have some learning to do.. All-in-all, the Main categorical forums should be for fellowship amongst all within the forum (and or others), then sub forum for those whom wish to keep to themselves. For those dogmatic conversations, they too should have their own forum to “fight it out” in.

A house divided will fall. :prayer:

Upvote 0

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
Inan3 has stated what I came here to say - "what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness?", etc.

Sometimes I come to this foum for like-minded Christian fellowship, and I don't want non-Christians replying.

Other times I come here to team-debate the pagan evolutionists (who don't know when they've lost the debate). I tire of that eventually because of the devilish lawlessness/chaos.

LOL! I don't know if that was meant to be funny, but it was. Thanks, I needed that. :)

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Anabaptists want to participate in the main Baptist or other forums it is OK, if not they too should have their own corner for fellowship.

LOL! Sorry, that just surprised me. Don't want to rant so I'll leave it at :sigh:
tulc(not CF's finest hour) :(

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Rebukes should probably be kept private, per Scripture, and never need to be seen by any Mod. Also, some rebukes *are* flames, and nothing but flames.
You said, Per Scripture?

Now you want Scripture to be the guideline for forum protocol?

Yet, when the Word tells us clearly not to even dare to have disputes within the Church settled by unbelievers? And to not be unequally yoked with unbelievers? That? Is not Scriptural?

Hearts are definitely being exposed like never before during this transitional period.

That's one thing for sure.

IC, GeneZ

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thank God for that! As time rolls on, people are adjusting to the change and are finding that it is not such a bad idea afterall. Not to mention, the dire predictions of atheist invasion of congregations has not occurred.

You think they will cause trouble while its still in transition?

They will try to be the model of perfection at this time.

Some of the best enemy spies when caught, the people who worked with them after they are caught, are shocked. "He was the best worker we had! Always on time."

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:holy: My humble opinion, buried deep in this thread ---I am really lost as to why this whole system changed in the first place?

In part... IMHO. Because there was abuse of the regulations. There was no problem with the regulations themselves. Over time a system formed around it and had become too big to change and deal with. So, Erwin pulled the carpet out from all of them.

All-in-all, the Main categorical forums should be for fellowship amongst all within the forum (and or others), then sub forum for those whom wish to keep to themselves. For those dogmatic conversations, they too should have their own forum to “fight it out” in.

In the Christian Community Forum in Compuserve before AOL bought it out, they had a great section called "The Smokehouse." If you could not take the heat? Don't go there. It was for such fight outs. Very popular. And, we all learned a lot.

A house divided will fall. :prayer:

Right now, we able to be divided. Nothing is yet in stone until Erwin gives the word.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChrisBot

Version 7.0 Beta
Christian Forums Staff
Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2001
The Web
✟59,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private