Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I confess that I did not read the article but the tendency of its author seems that he must prove himself correct moreso than even proclaiming the Gospel itself. Before the Orthodox Church was the true faith within his subjectivity & not in its own authority & now he has rendered it anathema? As much as I believe Orthodoxy is the truth as opposed to other Christian confessions, it is destructive to trample on the faith of those who worship the Lord in love, faith, & hope. This is what discernment is all about. Do I have a favorable opinion of John Hagee?: No. Do I have a favorable opinion of Ravi Zacharias?: Yes. Am I converted to the theology of either? No, but I will value aspects of R. Zacharaias" preaching & probably none of Hagee's.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do have a similar approach as far as the protestant denominations are concerned. I have an instructor pilot who saw my cross one day dangling out of my flight suit during preflight and asked me if I was Coptic. Long discussion I agreed to go his church one sunday and talk to his sunday school group. It turned out I got to talk to entire congregation about my "testimony" Some people are doing this out of love and faith as you see but this guy, even though he confesses how much he loves the Lord, I think is after fame and position. Humility doesn't exist in his literature. Unfortunately he is growing in his ways unchallenged, very dangerous path to set him up.

Lukaris, when you have a chance take a look at that article, it is full of logical holes knowing his position.

Upvote 0