• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Assange thrown out of Ecuadorian embassy, facing extradition to USA.

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Goonie, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Goonie

Goonie Not so Mystic Mog. Supporter

+5,885
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Brightmoon

Brightmoon Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.

+2,425
    United States
    Episcopalian
    Single
    US-Others
    I guess they got tired of him leaving the toilet seat up( yeah I know I’m being flippant)

3. Nithavela

Nithavela lologist

+9,595
    Germany
    Other Religion
    Single
    Good, throw the keys away. That will teach everyone to try and fight for truth.

4. FenderTL5

FenderTL5 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,118
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    I guess we'll soon learn just how much Trump loves wiki-leaks?

5. Paulos23

Paulos23 Never tell me the odds!

+1,120
    United States
    Atheist
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, even if the US doesn't prosecute him, there are multiple countries that want to.

As for kicking him out of the embassy. Equator has a new President that doesn't want to stand up to the US.

6. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,355
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    I'd say he was serving a pretty good prison sentence where he was. I just wish they'd do more about that Brad guy.

7. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

+699
    Presbyterian
    Single
    I'm betting Vegas odds on a Trump pardon.

8. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+9,127
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Goonie

+5,885
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Interesting at 5 years max, they are not throwing the book at him.

10. Jonaitis

Jonaitis Well-Known Member

+1,620
    United States
    Reformed
    Single
    US-Republican
    That's what I was saying...

11. Goonie

+5,885
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Single
    Trump is claiming that he knows nothing about wikileaks, it's not his thing.

He lying or senile.

12. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Mystery Worshipper Supporter

+8,975
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    I'm all for him being prosecuted. He's participated in distributing damaging, sensitive information. Assange has lots of blood on his hands.

13. Rion

Rion Annuit Cœptis Supporter

+6,188
    United States
    Lutheran
    Single
    asange betrayal.jpg

14. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,802
    Christian
    Single
    Pretty short sighted if you ask me. I have to wonder how much evil he's exposed, and how many people will think twice now before carrying out more of that evil.

There are things the the people should know...we live on this planet too.

15. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+1,711
    Pentecostal
    At what point do we say the rule if law is irrelevant. Is it only when we discover bad things? Only certain people are exempt for certain reasons? Had Trump hacked into Clinton's servers and discovered something bad she had done would he be a hero or a law breaker? Is it bad always or just sometimes?

If you break the law you need to be prepared for the consequences. You still might call Assange a hero, but that doesn't exempt him from facing the consequences for breaking the law if he is found guilty of anything. Who knows, maybe he will get aquitted.

16. Kenny'sID

+4,802
    Christian
    Single
    Are any of those being called out by WL breaking that law you mention, moral or otherwise? Did it ever occur to you WL was dishing out the mentioned consequences, or at minimum, getting the ball rolling.

Where do we draw the line? I think they are doing a pretty good job for pioneers in the field, and with time, hopefully they will do better. IMO someone needs to do it, and since they were shoved into it due to a real necessity, and voluntarily took the initiative, I'm not going to be to hard on any mistakes as they do the best they can.

It's a different world we live in, a time when if we do bad, the world will know about it, and though it may have a downside, I see that as a good thing, and am willing to step back, and see how it plays out.

17. rjs330

rjs330 Well-Known Member

+1,711
    Pentecostal
    I believe that if you break the law you need to be willing to face the consequences. WL may well be heros. And if they reveal people that are beaking the law, good for them. Perhaps those discovered will also pay for their crimes.
    But to be a real hero you have to lay your life on the line (I'm not just speaking literally here). So if Assange broke the law to reveal crimes of others then he needs to be willing to pay the consequences for doing so. And the people he reveals that committed crimes should too. If he is able to get away and hide, good for him. But if he's caught he has to face the music. And it appears he is caught. Time to pay.

18. Kenny'sID

+4,802
    Christian
    Single
    You know my view on this, I don't expect anyone to adopt it as their own, and I feel no need to defend.

We all need to make up our own minds. *shrug