• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

coryseesstars

Apr 8, 2017
California
✟8,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hello! just wondering if there is anyone here who lives with or has overcome OCD, specifically Scrupulosity? I'm finding it almost impossible to keep a healthy faith and navigate the Christian world while having religious OCD. I already feel like my Aspergers makes it difficult so this added constant stress is making me wonder if I should abandon faith altogether.

ocdlifeline

Aug 19, 2017
Socal
✟7,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hello! just wondering if there is anyone here who lives with or has overcome OCD, specifically Scrupulosity? I'm finding it almost impossible to keep a healthy faith and navigate the Christian world while having religious OCD. I already feel like my Aspergers makes it difficult so this added constant stress is making me wonder if I should abandon faith altogether.

Yes, I have, my name is Josh it hit me my senior year last month of high school it took about 7 years to get to a place where I was 80 percent back to normal. I was Howard Hughes Aviator bad, so it can be done.

Upvote 0

Plokijuh

Jun 4, 2018
ARMIDALE
✟9,353.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am on the spectrum but tend also in the OCD direction, so have a degree of empathy. For years my obsessive religious compulsions ruled my life. For me I gradually learned to make peace with the presence of those thoughts and kept acknowledging that Jesus had taken it away, and just allowed myself to note both the trigger and the compulsion. Like mindfulness I guess. My sister has OCD and it's almost entirely pure-o OCD mostly religious/moral. She has a Christian psychologist who she's found very helpful. She's also on anti anxiety medication that's been good for her. I think she feels it'll always be with her, but she is able to manage the condition. It's a horrible, horrible illness. I'm sorry you're going through this.

As for the ASD component, I think our obsessive minds are our best and worst asset. Do you have a special interest you can get lost in? I find it helps me to get absorbed in whatever my special interest at the time is.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to register just to reply but found out that i registered a long time ago. Good. I had just to reset the password because i didn´t have it.

Well i have autism and sometimes i obsessed terribly with thoughts about several things about God.
I suspected that something spiritual was going on because how i felt and that they were ´intrusive thoughts´ what i had. Our own thoughts should not torment us like ocd does.
Well i actually detected (thanks to God) that it was an spirit (probably a bad one) and drove it away in the name of Jesus, i felt that it went away. I´m not suffered again with that sort of train of thoughts since. I´m since actually believing that ocd is a spiritual problem and from the devil at that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0