Asked to delete post, now it is here . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vance

Contributor
Jul 16, 2003
✟23,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was asked to remove a post from the Creation Science forum by a mod at the request of one of the Creation Science posters. This is fine, but rather than waste my effort in having written it, I thought I would just move it here.

TwinCrier said:

"1) MOST Theistic evolutionists are liberals
2) Liberal views stand in opposition to BIBLICAL ones
3) "Liberals"/TEs say that "God's Word NEEDS THEIR INTERPRETATION"
4) The only "BIBLICAL" view is the YEC one?
Now I know not all who call themselves Christian believe the bible, but for those of use who do, the bible carries weight in out beliefs."

To which I replied:

"Every Christian interprets Scripture. The act of reading involves interpretation. Why do even Evangelical ministers still have a wall full of books to help them interpret Scripture "properly"? Why is it that there are thousands of denominations in Christianity? This is solely the result of differing interpretations. To say there is one "plain and simple" interpretation is simply not correct.

Unless, of course, you want to say that your particular set of understandings about the plain and simple meaning of Scripture are the ones that are obviously correct and that the other 95% of Christians who believe differently than you on one point or another ALL have it wrong. The simple fact that no more than a small percentage of Christians can agree on a coherent "plain and simple" meaning is proof in itself that there is no "plain and simple" meaning of all Scripture.

BTW, I am a VERY conservative Christian and I fully accept evolution and an old earth."

Status
Not open for further replies.