the0prayer

May 7, 2016
argentina
✟15,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi, i hope youre doing well.so, im not good at this but im gonna try it. please read the whole post, it will be long. thank you.
so, im a 16 years old guy (yea i know, another teen that have all the hormones at the sky that only think in drink, parties and sex, i know that what happens to me its because my age, and its normal). during the last week of my summer vacations (which was at february, im from argentina) i started to feel like alone, even though i have friends and a nice family that supports and loves me. i realized that i needed someone special, a female company. i have friends in school, but only guy friends, no girls. i mean, i talk to girls in my school, but never get close like a friend. ive never had a best girl friend.so, that was the last week of my vacations, and i decided to pray god. i told him that if he could make appear (sorry, i didnt found another word) a new girl in my school. during that week i prayed all the nights, i used to go to the roof of my house at night, and pray for almost 30 minutes. i forgot to say that my school its a christian school, so every mass we had a mass, and for that i barely go to church,because of the mass in my school.
how i said, i used to go to the roof of my house every night of that week and pray to god if he could make appear a new girl in my school. the first day of school finally arrived, i was so excited, but the girl that i pray for didnt appear. during that day i was a little disappointment with god, even almost leave the christianism. i have to say that im a good guy, i try to not punch or hurt when somebody bully me ( im a black guy, so i get bully with black jokes) i try to forget it, try to not get offended or laugh instead of that. i try to help people, im a good friend, a good son, i have never drink alcohol and get drunk, i dont smoke too, and i dont like the parties. i try to be a nice guy, friend, son, brother, never bully to other guys or girls. i think im a good guy.
so, i get disappointment with god,but then i understood that i had to wait, and that this was a proof, he want to proof my faith in him, and it works.and since then, every night till now, ive been asking him for a girlfriend. a thing that i have to say its that, i dont want a girlfriend just for sex, im not interested in that. i was shy when i was young, ive barely talk with my family and sometimes didnt comment my troubles to them,so ive always was a quiet guy. i need a girlfriend, like i said, not for sex, i just need someone to talk to, someone to cuddle, to tell her my feelings, to sing her songs, to kiss,to protect, someone i can spend my time just watching the sky at night, just talking or laughing about anything, just someone,to tell her how much i love her or how beautiful she is. someone that have the same interest like me.
i dont like to lie or do something bad, like dont paid to my friend when i borrow him money, or punch someone, or yell to my fathers or siblings. the most stupids things, affect me, or cant forget them. thats why i think i could be a good boyfriend, because i wont be so stupid to cheat my gf (thing that most of guys do).ill always be for her.
i dont go for the girls of my school because, all of them are like very loud, they like parties, have a lot of friends, and i dont go with parties or drink/smoke (they do it btw). thats one of the reasons of why i pray to god, i like something different. i asked him for a shy girl, because i think theyre cute, good friends, loyals, trustworthy, and honest.
i know that i have to wait, but i cant wait a years.i can wait months, days, and weeks, but no years.
the feel of having a girlfriend its too heavy, i cant avoid it.
so, my question is, its good to ask him something like this? cause i think its selfish and egocentric.
he'll give me the girl that i asked for it? or should accept the no answer? should i wait?
like i said, i can wait months, weeks or days, but not years. i know he'll give me the right girl when he wants, but, i cant wait years.
btw, sorry for my bad english.
well, i think thats all, again thanks for reading this, i hope your answers and have a good night/day!

Reactions: thehehe

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

0191933c0cfdde637207be5670a2b2a6.jpg

:angel: This thread has been moved to the Teens forum: Older Teens Area Ages 16-19!:angel:

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Welcome here :clap:
I won't lie, I know that feeling really well.
Firstly, asking God for help is not selfish at all. Ask and you will receive! This is good to care for the others, true. But you also have to care for yourself.
Concerning the fact that you will -or not- receive that girl... Hum I dislike the idea of "receiving" a girlfriend. I prefer discovering. However I am not here to play on the words :D
The hormones are doing their job! You want someone and you are right, this is totally normal. If the girls of your school are not of your kind (anyway there is nothing wrong with parties and a beer sometimes!), look at different places. Do you have girls of your age at the church?
Otherwise I won't give you more advices, I know how annoying these dates advices can be when you cannot manage to find someone. You know what? I think you need to fall in love, and to be liked in return, for finding again your self-confidence. When this happens, you feel so terribly better: you are likeable! You already are, but you need to feel it. This is something I experienced with this boy I liked -and still like even if he is now gone. All I can say? Don't look or wish terribly for an ideal girlfriend. Let things go, and let people surprise you. If you think all depends on God, let God surprises you! You know, that boy I liked was absolutely not who I was looking for. He is not interested in Literature, likes History but not that much. He prefers Sport, Theology and Physic. But when I took the time to discover him, I simply had the greatest crush of my short life. Let people come to you! Take the time to discover girls, even the ones of your school. I never saw any high school with only superficial or thugs persons in it.
But I'll gladly pray for you to find an answer in yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

the0prayer

May 7, 2016
argentina
✟15,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey there, thanks for your answer ;).
No, i dont have girls of my age at church, i mean, my brother (hes 17) goes to see his friend that are in the chorus of the church,his friends and all the chorus are 18 or older.
I know i need to fall in love, to be liked in return, and i want it, but for some reason its impossible to me. I try to do my best, try to wear good clothes, changing my hair style, or even try to talk more to the girls of my class, but nothing happens. This sound stupid, but i have never the feeling of, you know, like someones stares at you, in a attractive way (i dont know if i explained well), or catch someone staring at me, this sounds very stupid, and dont know why this affect me. Maybe youre right, i should let the things go and see what happens, but the thoughts of having the right girl are killing me. Also, now im feeling all this things of love and stuff, and the only thing that im afraid its that when god send me this girl (in future) my feelings will be gone, and wont be the same.
Anyways, thanks for take the time of reading this post, thanks for your advice and answer, really appreciated.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You know, there is not only "one" person you can build your life with. if it was the case, 99% of the people would have never meet their soulmates :)
Feelings go and come, but love is perhaps partly a choice. When a husband chooses his wife, he gives up all the others ones. But he could also have loved and lived with an another woman. You should not be that fatalist!

Yes, I understand what you mean by someone looking at you in an attractive way! Flattering, but temporary feeling. However, I am sure it will happen. We all work differently: perhaps you are a "crusheable" person but someone who has a most interesting nature -> perhaps people need time to discover you, and that because of this particularity girls don't crush on you. Believe me, this is a chance: you cannot disappoint on the long time.

Upvote 0