Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Did you ever wonder if marrying/buying /selling is just business as usual going on...We hear this message of the return of Christ and even secular media is talking about end times... How many take it seriously.business as usual... 911 passes, business as usual..just a thought..K

Upvote 0

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
LOL. Maybe because I didn't see it, I guess. Sorry, I would have backed you up. You sure have a long memory.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Sometimes, depends on if I'm acting in accord with His will or not. You know the ... ahem... way :) :hug:

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟33,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I think that verse about "As it was in the days of Noah..." is one of the most taken-out-of-context verses in the Bible. However, for the sake of argument, let's assume that Jesus meant that everything would be like the days of Noah.

Genesis 6:5 "Then the Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great on the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."

Do you really think we have reached this point? Are there no humans who desire to do God's will? None? Anywhere? No Godly pastors, seeking the lost? No missionaries, living in constant fear for their lives, in order to spread God's word? Out of the millions listening to God's word being preached on Sunday morning, nobody desires to please Jesus? Those Christians in foreign countries who are killed for their faith, they are really only thinking evil thoughts?
You are right, this verse is often taken out of context and used to meen all sorts of outlandish things. The ironic thing is that in so doing, the actual meaning, obvious from the context, is lost and ignored.

If you want to know what Jesus meant by this comparison.. look at what Jesus said, and let him speak for himself.

It shall be as the days of Noah, For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

Jesus explains his refrence himself, apparently people are too interested in finding secret meanings to pay attention to what he actually says.

The whole point of the refrence is two fold. #1 The judgement of God is coming unexpectedly upon the wicked. They do not expect it, or forsee it because they are not concerned with truth, or goodness, they go on living as they always have regardless of the signs, of the warnings etc. Thus when the judgement comes, they will be utterly taken by surprise, and swept away.

#2 The righteous are not taken by surprise. You will notice that Jesus makes a point of refrencing the fact that no one knew the timing of the flood UNTIL THE DAY THAT NOAH ENTERED THE ARK. Noah was warned because he was listening to the truth, he was watching the signs.

The idea that the righteous are cought by surprise is utterly false and against everything in scripture. If you are caught by surprise, you are in big trouble.

Upvote 0

DeepMindQuest

Dec 3, 2006
✟214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
http://www.reformation.org/noah.html The Days of Noah Are Here Again--lion like men in bible
According to the Bible there is nothing wrong with eating and drinking, marrying etc., etc., but these people who lived before the Great Flood were doing something which caused the Lord to drown them all. They were creating genetic monstrosities and polluting the human race with Satanic bloodlines in order to prevent the Messiah from having pure human blood.

"And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. There were giants [NEPHILIM] in the earth in those days; and also after that (at the time of Moses), when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them. (Genesis chapter 6)."
Satanic bloodlines
The Bible says that before the Great Flood, human women married the "sons of God" and they produced GIANTS in size and in iniquity. All nations have legends about giants. That is where the Greek demigods like Prometheus, Atlas and Titan came from. The only true account of that tragedy is found in the Book of Genesis which was written by Moses. We can get an idea of what Satan did back then by studying his methods in subsequent history. All the universe and history is circular in aspect. God declares the end right at the beginning.
What happened before the Great Flood?
When Adam and Eve died, Satan introduced the theory of evilution into the world that teaches that man and animals are genetically related. He downplayed the story of the creation and fall of man by the sin of Adam and Eve. Then women began to assume a dominant role in human affairs. Satan downplayed the command of God that women were to be in subjection to their husbands.
These fallen angels must have introduced their scheme as an evolutionary advance for mankind. They promised the women that if they married and bore their offspring they would not have to be in subjection to their husbands. As a result, the world was overrun by half human half animal genetic monstrosities and God decided to destroy the entire world except for Noah and his family.
The pre-Flood world was a zoological nightmare. From left to right, a grypon, a manticore, a ferocious human-headed carnivore with 3 interlocking rows of teeth, a basilick, a unicorn, an Assyrian human headed winged bull.
God got rid of these half human half animal monstrosities by drowning them all. All the billions of humans and animals were turned into fossil fuel —coal and petroleum . The only survivors were Noah and his family who were not contaminated by these Satanic bloodlines.
Memories of these monsters were preserved in Egyptian and Greek mythology. The Bible gives the true account of what really happened while corrupted versions were handed down in myths and folklore

Upvote 0

OttawaUk

Veteran
Mar 13, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟9,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I definitely agree with you about the ancient mythological creatures being destroyed in the flood.

Notice how movies are so chalked full of these mutant creatures and Hollywood tries to make them cool? X-Men? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Heroes? If these beings were to exist, they would be nothing more than fallen sinful hybrids.

Will we see their return before all is said and done?

OU

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Whats a lionlike man?
Look up the word tartarus and you will get the idea.

Peter uses that word here -

2Pe 2:4 - For if God didn't spare the angels who sinned, but threw them down into Tartarus and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment;

And no , Peter is not refering to a mythical place where mythical creatures hang out , he was actualy telling the truth which later became "mythical", because most folks find it hard to accept the idea that there actualy was half man/beast creatures.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look up the word tartarus and you will get the idea.

Peter uses that word here -

2Pe 2:4 - For if God didn't spare the angels who sinned, but threw them down into Tartarus and delivered them to be kept in chains of darkness until judgment;

And no , Peter is not refering to a mythical place where mythical creatures hang out , he was actualy telling the truth which later became "mythical", because most folks find it hard to accept the idea that there actualy was half man/beast creatures.

Why does Peter's use of the word Tartarus prove anything about the existence of half man/beast creatures? Simply looking up the word in a dictionary doesn't prove your point. Please explain. Tartarus is described as a dark prison for torment. I haven't seen any definition that inherently proves your point about half man/beast creatures.

Besides, Peter's second epistle was penned in Greek, so it's not surprising that the Greek equivalent of Gehanna was used in chapter two.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Was it a male/female lion and male/female women or a fallen angel and a female lion that made the lion man?
lol....I don't know for sure because God says that both males and females were doing this mating thing with animals , and he doesn't say which animals. I don't think we can discount lions from this list , why should we.

Leviticus 18:23 - Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. 24 'Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bkhoward2001

Sep 26, 2005
Visit site
✟7,658.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Did you ever wonder if marrying/buying /selling is just business as usual going on...We hear this message of the return of Christ and even secular media is talking about end times... How many take it seriously.business as usual... 911 passes, business as usual..just a thought..K
People will be blind until the end.... Most don't know what will hit them until it hits them.... The tribulation IS near, the events are coming to pass, whether they open their eyes or not...

Upvote 0

DeepMindQuest

Dec 3, 2006
✟214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"They use their tongues to deceive, the venom of snakes are under their lips. And their mouths are full of bitterness and curses. In their past nothing but ruin and misery before their eyes.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful. And they have blinded us to the truth. Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us perched on top of us from birth to death are our owners.They have us, they control us, they are our masters. Wake up! They're all about you and all around you." The movie"They Live"

Upvote 0

DeepMindQuest

Dec 3, 2006
✟214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I definitely agree with you about the ancient mythological creatures being destroyed in the flood.

Notice how movies are so chalked full of these mutant creatures and Hollywood tries to make them cool? X-Men? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Heroes? If these beings were to exist, they would be nothing more than fallen sinful hybrids.

Will we see their return before all is said and done?

OU
From the dawn of time we came, moving silently down through the centuries, living many secret lives. No one has even known we were among you...until now! - Sean Connery (Highlander)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.