✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
interpreter said:
Just as it was in the days of Noah, the bad guys will be taken away and the good guys left. Unlike LaHaye, I pray that i am one of those who are left.

Interpreter, I think for the first time ever I actually agree with you whole heartedly. :thumbsup:

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
OhhJim said:
You think that eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage are going on today?!!!!?!???!!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh, the depravity!!! Oh, wait, there's nothing evil about eating and drinking and marrying.

Perhaps Jesus was merely saying that life continues as it always has, and that's why nobody expects Him to come when He does. Because normal things are going on. Because people are busy going about their business

Jesus said that mens hearts would fail them from what they see is coming upon the earth , and wars and blood and pestilence and earthquakes and all the rest of it , it certainly doesn't seem as tho life is going on as normal to me.

Upvote 0

justified

Oct 8, 2005
✟8,831.00
Faith
Protestant
From the book of Jasher 4:18 - and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

Kinda sounds familiar doesn't it , Chimeras anyone!

Just so everyone is clear, the extant "book of Jasher" cited by this guy is a post-enlightenment forgery. There obviously existed one in ancient times which was an early kind of oracle book. However, it has not been found.

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brain Damage said:
Jesus said that mens hearts would fail them from what they see is coming upon the earth , and wars and blood and pestilence and earthquakes and all the rest of it , it certainly doesn't seem as tho life is going on as normal to me.

So, do you believe that the eating, drinking and marrying refer to bad things? Because these are the specifics that Jesus mentioned. If he wanted to say that men were being evil, surely He could have come up with something worse than "eating"?

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
OhhJim said:
So, do you believe that the eating, drinking and marrying refer to bad things? Because these are the specifics that Jesus mentioned.
If he wanted to say that men were being evil, surely He could have come up with something worse than "eating"?

No of course I don't believe that eating drinking and marrying are bad things , I believe he was only talking about one of the many aspects of his coming , and exactly what eating drinking and marrying means is up for interpretation. Because we know from other scriptures that life is anything but normal when he returns.

This could make for an interresting thread Jim ....;) , if you haven't already started one on this subject within a few days time then I think I will.

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
justified said:
[/font]

Just so everyone is clear, the extant "book of Jasher" cited by this guy is a post-enlightenment forgery. There obviously existed one in ancient times which was an early kind of oracle book. However, it has not been found.

I'm surprised that no one has deleted the book of Genesis from the bible , or said that it is a forgery , because it tells the same story.

Jasher 4:18 - And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice,

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Brain Damage said:
I'm surprised that no one has deleted the book of Genesis from the bible , or said that it is a forgery , because it tells the same story.

It tells the same story because the forged book borrows from the Genesis account. In fact, the scholar who recognized the forgery (Edgar Goodspeed), even stated that it was an 18th Century work that was "a condensation of portions of the first seven books of the Old Testament".

But be that as it may, why do you believe the Jasher account is feasable when the verse in question makes the claim that a civilization barely more advanced than the Bronze Age could successfully perform experiments far exceeding our present technological achievements? I mean really; they could splice genetic code, but they couldn't survive a flood?

And why would cross-breeding of animals be an abomination before God? Seems like an amoral issue to me, but that's just my opinion.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

justified

Oct 8, 2005
✟8,831.00
Faith
Protestant
'm surprised that no one has deleted the book of Genesis from the bible , or said that it is a forgery , because it tells the same story.

Jasher 4:18 - And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice,

so does I Enoch. That has nothing to do with it. The fact is, Jasher has not been found. What you're reading is a book written by a single man in the 18th or 19th century. What would it take to prove it to you?

Upvote 0

OttawaUk

Veteran
Mar 13, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟9,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm still waiting for one of you to answer this since Acts and interpreter seem to be agreeing with it.

interpreter said:
Just as it was in the days of Noah, the bad guys will be taken away and the good guys left. Unlike LaHaye, I pray that i am one of those who are left.

This is a dangerous interpretation and totally un-Biblical.

Where is your scriptural backing for this?

1) The rapture may not happen until the end of the Tribulation, even worse there could be some kind of fake Rapture to deceive the world. So pinning anything on the Rapture is just opening yourself up to deception. How about keeping watch, instead?

2) Why would anyone want to be here during the Wrath of God? Or are you somehow suggesting that those who are raptured will receive God's Wrath somewhere else?

OU

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OttawaUk said:
This is a dangerous interpretation and totally un-Biblical.

Where is your scriptural backing for this?

My scriptural backing comes from the very passages in question (Matthew 24:39-41), and no, the interpretation is neither dangerous nor is it unbiblical. Just read verse 39. Which group does it say was "taken away"; the righteous or the unrighteous? It tells us right there in plain print. So Jesus uses the example in Noah's generation to explain who would be "taken away" in judgment in verses 40 and 41.

So our interpretation is quite biblical, and it's certainly not dangerous, since it has been an accepted view within the Church for hundreds of years, far longer than any modern-day Rapture theories.

OttowaUK said:
1) The rapture may not happen until the end of the Tribulation, even worse there could be some kind of fake Rapture to deceive the world. So pinning anything on the Rapture is just opening yourself up to deception. How about keeping watch, instead?
I don't believe in the Rapture, so I guess since I'm not pinning anything on it I won't be open to deception then. A "fake rapture"? I would like to know where that is taught in scripture.

OttowasUK said:
2) Why would anyone want to be here during the Wrath of God? Or are you somehow suggesting that those who are raptured will receive God's Wrath somewhere else?
No, what we're saying is that, like Noah, the unrighteous were "taken" in God's righteous judgment, while the righteous (Noah and his family) were spared from God's wrath and left behind to begin anew.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

Brain Damage

Generally Medicated
Nov 14, 2002
Visit site
✟18,745.00
Faith
Christian
Acts6:5 said:
It tells the same story because the forged book borrows from the Genesis account. In fact, the scholar who recognized the forgery (Edgar Goodspeed), even stated that it was an 18th Century work that was "a condensation of portions of the first seven books of the Old Testament".

But be that as it may, why do you believe the Jasher account is feasable when the verse in question makes the claim that a civilization barely more advanced than the Bronze Age could successfully perform experiments far exceeding our present technological achievements? I mean really; they could splice genetic code, but they couldn't survive a flood?

And why would cross-breeding of animals be an abomination before God? Seems like an amoral issue to me, but that's just my opinion.

In Christ,

I'm not saying that it's not , but if it is a forgery and taken from the book of Genesis , then why didn't the author just say that the sons of Seth married the daughters of Cain , because thats what most folks believe is being said there.

Instead he says their judges and rulers went into the daughters of men , which if we take the Sethite view would mean that the line of Seth (good guys) were ruling over the line of Cain (bad guys) and took their women by force which now makes the good guys bad guys.

Now my brain is hurting...:scratch:

Upvote 0

ravagedmind

Feb 14, 2006
✟7,624.00
Faith
Christian
[Q]I think the things man is doing in a lab will play a part in the things of the end though IMO.[/Q]

I've just written a magazine article for advancements in microbiology and biotechnology module at university entitled:

'reverse genetics: An aid to new discovery or another pathway to self-destruction.'

Basically reverse genetics invoves taking a known protein sequence/gene and placing in programmed mutations, culturing this modified organism in the lab, and seeing what effect it has. Its supposed to help in the development of vaccines by predicting mutations... (big topic within the bird fu vaccines in poultry and swine at the moment.)

My point of the article was that these 'known' mutations could have disastrous consequences as at the end of the day, nature works in mysterious ways.. hence we can only culture about 95% of soil organisms in the labs.
These mutations could have adverse effects..
And what if someone accidentally walks out of the lab with a newly synthesised organism on their collar??? Who knows lol...

It has been discussed amongst friends that the two 'recent big news topics': bird flu and SARS (both originated from China, both of which are pretty fatal given the right conditions), that perhaps they originated from the afformentioned accidents.

Athough this is just speculation! and a humerous conspiracy theory for our break-time chats. I dont really know anything.

Just thought it might be an interesting thought..

(Don't think my article went down too well, and were ahving a debate on genetic testing soon...
could I borrow:

[Q]Man is doing alot of crazy thing lately. We are working on making meat with no animal, testtube burgers if you will. We are combining genes and trying to create the perfect man, this would mean that God did not do the job right the first time appearntly[\Q]

Thats an excellent point of view!

Ravaged
xx

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
ravagedmind said:
Man is doing alot of crazy things lately. We are working on making meat with no animal, testtube burgers if you will. We are combining genes and trying to create the perfect man, this would mean that God did not do the job right the first time appearntly
Thats an excellent point of view!

Ravaged
xx
Iron will not mix well with clay!

I'd love to read that article you wrote. Is there a link you can provide?

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Brain Damage said:
No of course I don't believe that eating drinking and marrying are bad things , I believe he was only talking about one of the many aspects of his coming , and exactly what eating drinking and marrying means is up for interpretation. Because we know from other scriptures that life is anything but normal when he returns.

Is there any chance that the "days of Noah" time period and the "men's hearts failing them for fear" time period are different events? They sure don't sound similar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JesusServant

do not stray too far left nor right but CENTER
Dec 5, 2002
✟19,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, what we're saying is that, like Noah, the unrighteous were "taken" in God's righteous judgment, while the righteous (Noah and his family) were spared from God's wrath and left behind to begin anew.

In Christ,

Then why didn't you back me up on this in my post a couple of years ago in here? :mad:

Upvote 0

zaire

Oct 5, 2004
✟2,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep and not just giants. As you would already know , God gave the Israelites a bunch of laws to adhere too , one of which was "thou shall not lay with any beast" , he then goes on to say that this is what the locals were doing and it was an abomination in his sight.

Hence -
1Ch 11:22 - Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, the son of a valiant man of Kabzeel, who had done many acts; he slew two lionlike men of Moab: also he went down and slew a lion in a pit in a snowy day. (KJV)

If you do your study you will find that these two lionlike men of Moab were also Nephilim , half man and half beast creatures.
Whats a lionlike man?

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then why didn't you back me up on this in my post a couple of years ago in here? :mad:
LOL. Maybe because I didn't see it, I guess. Sorry, I would have backed you up. You sure have a long memory.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

DeepMindQuest

Dec 3, 2006
✟214.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Half Man Half Beast he slew two lionlike men of Moab: he went down also and slew a lion in the midst of a pit in time of snow. (II Samuel 23:20)." The many myths of mankind are full of Gods and demi-Gods. Every TV viewer knows that Hercules is a half-God. There are nordic and greek myths in which all kinds of spiritual-human-animalistic permutations take place? Centaurs? Half man - half horse. The minotaur-half man half bull. Men and Women in myth are always falling in love with some spirit being or another and having children with godlike powers. Obviously, where there is smoke there is fire. It would look quite strange to have other Scriptures of other cultures full of these inter-dimensional marriages and to have the Bible be totally devoid of even a mention. The difference with the Bible, however, is in its dislike of these beings. Other cultures call them Gods. The Bible comes straight out and says these are not Gods at all --they are rebellious angels who fell victim to lust. These beings may be more powerful, more knowing, taller than the rest of regualr humanity but they are not "good". They are, in fact, quite bad....so bad that they must be destroyed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.