In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When it gets cramped, the baby's movements will definitely change. Instead of 'kick kick kick' you will get 'nudge poke'. Instead of rolling over you will feel a shoulder stretching, or the head pressing down. So in this way the movements will seem less (but more painful :D )

The baby will usually move more when you are resting (or asleep), so if you think there has not been much movement the recommendation (at least here in Aus) is to lie down quietly on your left side with a drink of water, and just stay still (read a book or something) for about an hour. In that hour you should feel about 10 movements I think it is.

Certainly if you lie down like that and the baby hasn't moved at all after an hour, or only once or twice, then you should call your doctor or midwife (whoever is handling your antenatal care).

Note: this is just the advice I've been given during 4 pregnancies, I'm not an expert!

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, well, that'd make some sense, though definitely is not my case. Sometimes it feels like she's growing right out of my stomach...... This is my third and I don't remember getting this big with my first two. The doc wants me monitoring her movement and tells me to pay attention after large meals, that she should move within half an hour, and if doesn't then should move within the next half hour, and if doesn't then I'm supposed to go to the ob triage in hospital.... Sure enough, she's quite active after I eat.

HB

Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Yeah mine feels like he is trying to punch his way out the side of my stomach.

IF only he would listen to me when I tell him that isnt the right way and he is just causing himself frustration and me pain!

lol - mine feels like that.

Or else the baby's butt seems to push out really really hard

Upvote 0
B

Beth1231

I have read over and over and over again to let your caregiver know about noticeably decreased fetal movement. So that's honestly all I can think of when I read your OP.

HOWEVER, there have been full days when I haven't felt much movement. I just laid down and rubbed my belly and waited for baby to move so I could be relieved.

Lately, the baby is trying to bust out.

Upvote 0

oat02351

Senior Veteran
Oct 3, 2004
Massachusetts
✟7,652.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When it gets cramped, the baby's movements will definitely change. Instead of 'kick kick kick' you will get 'nudge poke'. Instead of rolling over you will feel a shoulder stretching, or the head pressing down. So in this way the movements will seem less (but more painful :D )

The baby will usually move more when you are resting (or asleep), so if you think there has not been much movement the recommendation (at least here in Aus) is to lie down quietly on your left side with a drink of water, and just stay still (read a book or something) for about an hour. In that hour you should feel about 10 movements I think it is.

Certainly if you lie down like that and the baby hasn't moved at all after an hour, or only once or twice, then you should call your doctor or midwife (whoever is handling your antenatal care).

Note: this is just the advice I've been given during 4 pregnancies, I'm not an expert!

Hope this helps.
Sometimes I don't feel her move but, just pain or discomfort and I'll have an awkward hard bump in my belly that goes away after a minute or so, I know it's her and that she does move. I hardly felt her for week or so then low and behold in the docs office ....:tutu: . I think she was getting antsy that day because I hadn't yet eaten.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apparently when my mom was carrying me i used to dig my elbow right under her ribs - she couldn't get it moved and it hurt lol - i was obviously such a nice child lol

My second child (dd 1) used to stretch her foot up and out, towards the top of my womb. Towards the end I could actually grab her little heel :D It was about that time that I got the confidence to gently nudge and move the baby, pushing a limb into a more comfortable position etc.

Upvote 0