Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Biden (and/or his handler) has actually created the biggest mess we have ever had in this country.
Really? How did you measure and compare? I am delightfully curious about the rubric you used to come to this conclusion!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That would be a blatent violation of the Tennessee constitution. Chansley is not a Tennessee resident. He's from Arizona.
The jury in the “do you have to live in your district to represent it?” case, is still out, so far as I know, (their speaker of the House doesn’t live in his, apparently).

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? How did you measure and compare? I am delightfully curious about the rubric you used to come to this conclusion!
Well, let's see, since you are so "delightfully curious" and apparently ill-informed on what is actually happening (assuming you are an American- maybe you aren't getting the full picture). Americans now face serious nuclear threats from two superpowers who have now joined together, thanks to Biden having antagonized both China and Russia, instead of keeping peace through strength and diplomacy.

The economy is in a mess, with a looming recession or depression, according to many financial experts, and inflation and supply line problems still remain and no one is fixing them. Millions have come through the southern border from multiple countries, because they took heed when Biden told them to come, during the presidential debates, if he got in. At least two million have escaped into the country; logic would dictate that these are among those who would NOT pass screening, so we have no idea who they are, what the criminal history is, or where they are now. Hundreds of thousands of pounds of fentanyl have come in with those who flowed over the border; some we caught, a lot we didn't.

The Afghanistan withdrawal debacle was an international embarrassment, where we lost American lives and allies- and billions of dollars of equipment were just abandoned there.

Biden has been extraordinarily divisive, turning normal left v. right disagreements into wholesale demonization of anyone who disagreed with him/his policies on any issue, starting with his disastrous pandemic handling and lies, to the unconstitutional mandates, through the eerie red-light speech where he demonized half the country who didn't vote for him (which alone would ensure many would never vote for him, regardless of policies), culminating in the incompetence to fix any of these issues in any way over two years in.

It is the worst, most disastrous administration we have seen, certainly in my lifetime - and I've been around awhile.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Really? A bigger mess than the Civil War? The Great Depression?
Fair point....I should have placed a time frame on that. Certainly the most disastrous mess since the Vietnam War era.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If there was a TRUE DESIRE to see everyone treated the same under the law, these guys wouldn't have been kicked out of the legislative body to begin with.

And that was the LEGISLATIVE BODY that MAKES THE LAWS that everyone is supposed to be under. Are we supposed to believe after that display of racism that these people ARE interested in forwarding interests of black people?

I mean it's hilarious to me that people ARE willing to say "oh sure there is racism in America" but when you give them examples they say "oh that's not racism" because their bar for racism is a lynching with the nword is peppered into the conversation.
It wasn't racist to kick them out when they became disorderly by leading a protest inside the capitol and halted the legislative process. To treat them as if they are not expected to be orderly and not be disruptive since they are black would have been racist since it would be an indication of lower expectations of black people. But in the end, that's exactly what they received.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It wasn't racist to kick them out when they became disorderly by leading a protest inside the capitol and halted the legislative process. To treat them as if they are not expected to be orderly and not be disruptive since they are black would have been racist since it would be an indication of lower expectations of black people. But in the end, that's exactly what they received.
There was no "display of racism". There was a display of common sense to indicate that we, the people, are not going to tolerate interruptions with bullhorns during our legislative sessions.

Unfortunately, it was overturned - likely only to happen again, since this behavior was rewarded - even with a visit from Kamala Harris AND an invitation to the White House.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There was no "display of racism". There was a display of common sense to indicate that we, the people, are not going to tolerate interruptions with bullhorns during our legislative sessions.

Unfortunately, it was overturned - likely only to happen again, since this behavior was rewarded - even with a visit from Kamala Harris AND an invitation to the White House.
It shows exactly what this administration is about--even as they continue to keep hundreds of people who did far less locked up in solitary confinement for years, and not far from the same White House.
No wonder Putin feels so emboldened. He sees our federal government treating it's political opponents the same way he does.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why was Gloria not kicked out?

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Why was Gloria not kicked out?
Because just one person voted otherwise. Otherwise, she would have been.
In the videos I've seen of the "protest", she didn't seem to play nearly as much of a role in stirring up the crowd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well, let's see, since you are so "delightfully curious" and apparently ill-informed on what is actually happening (assuming you are an American- maybe you aren't getting the full picture). Americans now face serious nuclear threats from two superpowers who have now joined together, thanks to Biden having antagonized both China and Russia, instead of keeping peace through strength and diplomacy.
I'm Canadian so yes. I fully accept I may not have the full picture...but onto your point:

1)There has been ZERO meaningful change in terms of being threatenned by nuclear powers. You guys have had almost the EXACT same level of threat for decades. Biden has done little to nothing to meaningfully exacerbate that.

Remember? Biden is competent and can't get anything done.
I have heard Conservatives Bemoan Biden's "soft hand" with China. Here you are saying he's antagonizing them.
You'll pardon me for suggesting this isn't a solid argument.

The economy is in a mess, with a looming recession or depression, according to many financial experts, and inflation and supply line problems still remain and no one is fixing them.
1) The economy is NOT a mess. The economy is OVERHEATING. There is a looming recession. I think every developed country is in the EXACT same boots there.

Millions have come through the southern border from multiple countries, because they took heed when Biden told them to come, during the presidential debates, if he got in. At least two million have escaped into the country; logic would dictate that these are among those who would NOT pass screening, so we have no idea who they are, what the criminal history is, or where they are now.
This comes back to "Mexico is not sending their best. They're sending drug dealers. They're bringing rapists". You know, you're not obliged to repeat terribly racist language and ideas.

Get over it. "Logic wouldn't dictate that at all. Logic would dictate that these people are desperate for safety and they don't trust that border guards would allow them to enter the country legally because they hear stories about crackdowns at borders. Remember those things?

Hundreds of thousands of pounds of fentanyl have come in with those who flowed over the border; some we caught, a lot we didn't.
Pssst. You have ABSOLUTELY no basis for that claim. sorry.

The Afghanistan withdrawal debacle was an international embarrassment, where we lost American lives and allies- and billions of dollars of equipment were just abandoned there.
But....9/11? Invasion of Afghanistan? Baseless lies contributing to an invasion of Iraq?
These are less of a problem than the withdrawl?

Biden has been extraordinarily divisive, turning normal left v. right disagreements into wholesale demonization of anyone who disagreed with him/his policies on any issue
Trump did this much more than Biden did. But you disagree with Biden and you agree with Trump so it looks way worse. I would argue Trump, vague verbiage created a constant need for "translations from his supporters to people who disagreed with him". How many threads did we have where Trump clearly said or did something completely ludicrous and his supporters kept claiming everyone was "twisting his words" and were "out to get him". These are behaviour patterns cult leaders strive to create in their followers.

, starting with his disastrous pandemic handling and lies,
Your source says people disaprove. That does NOT mean it was disastrous. It means people don't approve.

Use the right words.

to the unconstitutional mandates, through the eerie red-light speech where he demonized half the country who didn't vote for him (which alone would ensure many would never vote for him, regardless of policies),
MAGAs are NOT "half the country". Was this before or after they all met in Dallas for the reincarnation of a dead presidents dead brother so he could take over the govenrment?

Sometimes their collective mental health is kinda funny but usually, i'd be inclined to agree that yes, MAGAs are a threat. NOT republicans or right wingers mind you.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

The economy is in a mess, with a looming recession or depression, according to many financial experts, and inflation and supply line problems still remain and no one is fixing them. Millions have come through the southern border from multiple countries, because they took heed when Biden told them to come, during the presidential debates, if he got in. At least two million have escaped into the country; logic would dictate that these are among those who would NOT pass screening, so we have no idea who they are, what the criminal history is, or where they are now. Hundreds of thousands of pounds of fentanyl have come in with those who flowed over the border; some we caught, a lot we didn't.

Biden has been extraordinarily divisive, turning normal left v. right disagreements into wholesale demonization of anyone who disagreed with him/his policies on any issue, starting with his disastrous pandemic handling and lies, to the unconstitutional mandates, through the eerie red-light speech where he demonized half the country who didn't vote for him (which alone would ensure many would never vote for him, regardless of policies), culminating in the incompetence to fix any of these issues in any way over two years in.

It is the worst, most disastrous administration we have seen, certainly in my lifetime - and I've been around awhile.

And how does this relate to Jacob Chansley and his prison sentence?

Upvote 0