Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj
Britney Spears
Taylor Swift
Lady Gaga
Keisha
Rihanna
Beyonce

It isn't that I don't like some of their songs, it's that whoever is putting their image together (that they are going along with) is all about imagery and symbolism that is designed to offend.

Eh, don't get lumping Taylor Swift in with all of that - particularly the "designed to offend" part of the definition. Seems the opposite of that with her. The rest of the list, yeah, that fits pretty well.

Upvote 0

JohnMatthewNewman

Calvinist/Composer
Mar 15, 2015
Knoxville, TN
Visit site
✟7,638.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I guess it goes without saying for a great majority of the pop stars listed previously. Congratulations to them for making a career out of music; however, I do get annoyed at all the arrogance - although I can't really pinpoint specific instances other than Bieber & Kanye.. I don't keep up with too much pop culture.

For those who follow progressive rock, I've always been turned off by Mike Portnoy (ex Dream Theater). Recently he took to his facebook feed to complain that a hospital did not treat his non-life-threatening injury quickly enough so he could get back in time to play a concert. Pretty classless.

On a totally opposite & positive note - Bruce Springsteen is a total class act. Kudos to him.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Y'all pretty much named the majority of "artists" I was talking about as being annoying. Especially Bieber after all of his messes he's made and West claiming that his job being a rapper was like being a soldier. If only he was half as brave as our soldiers he would have the sense enough to not even think of something so ridiculous.

I agree about Kanye acting arrogant and such. I just wish he would just humble himself and rap. He never, ever came across as the most humble guy but this guy so blatant with his disrespect of God that even his music and personality is a turnoff. Too bad. He was such a talented rapper who seemed rather harmless to me.

Reactions: SistrNChrist
Upvote 0

JessicaMS

Feb 14, 2018
Harahan
✟16,543.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
For me, Rihanna is one artist that makes me feel uneasy, particularly because of her song about S&M which is heavily sexual and related to BDSM. And not sexual in the sense of how God intended sex at all, lol.

Marilyn Manson, Ozzy Osbourne, Madonna, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, etc. make me feel the same way, and most mainstream music now makes me feel like that too, though every now and then I find a nice song from an artist that is nice, and isn't about sex, drugs, or alcohol, and it's nice to see that when it happens.

Upvote 0