dms1972

Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟593,863.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All I hear of these people is music in shops occasionally, so I don't really know a lot about them and admittedly its difficult to know what the message is or what experiences have been behind it, but clearly its less 'blasphemous' in some cases than its made out to be.

The more outspoken of the Religious Right, and the Media hounds do a lot of damage I think, when they criticise without any love, people who are caught in the entertainment industry, media glare, and they add some religious self-righteousness to the mix.

In any case whether its Britney Spears or whoever, hearing a song for the first time in the fires of controversy doesn't help. The secular media seem to love it when there is controversy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kanye
Bieber
Miley Cyrus
Ariana Grande...Not only is she rude to her fans, but she is reportedly the reason why both her TV shows ended up getting cancelled, and it is borderline creepy that a girl who looks like she just turned 15 is [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ting it up in her videos and performances.
Nicki Minaj...Anaconda video...nuff said

Taylor Swift doesn't bother me that much, because even though she's not the most talented singer out there, I've heard that she's one of the most humble stars out there, and I respect her for staying classy. Britney Spears is another one that I feel terrible about being too critical of, because not only was she raised by a man who just saw his two daughters as a way to get rich, but she ended up in a relationship with another man who only saw dollar signs in his eyes when he decided to knock her up twice, and on top of that, she was hounded nonstop by the filth known as the paparazzi when she was at the lowest point in her life.

Upvote 0

Lik3

Nov 21, 2011
South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That Anaconda video was lame and the song was lame, too. The sad thing about Nicki Minaj is that she is not a bad rapper, but her songs "don't match" her skills as a rapper. In short, her songs are horrible. As for Beiber, yes, he has a rotten attitude, but if he were to humble himself and get rid of those around him and just be himself, he would be more tolerable. Another person who rubs me the wrong way is Justin Timberlake. He is a good singer but he doesn't across as a total sweetheart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Kanye
Bieber
Miley Cyrus
Ariana Grande...Not only is she rude to her fans, but she is reportedly the reason why both her TV shows ended up getting cancelled, and it is borderline creepy that a girl who looks like she just turned 15 is [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ting it up in her videos and performances.
Nicki Minaj...Anaconda video...nuff said

Taylor Swift doesn't bother me that much, because even though she's not the most talented singer out there, I've heard that she's one of the most humble stars out there, and I respect her for staying classy. Britney Spears is another one that I feel terrible about being too critical of, because not only was she raised by a man who just saw his two daughters as a way to get rich, but she ended up in a relationship with another man who only saw dollar signs in his eyes when he decided to knock her up twice, and on top of that, she was hounded nonstop by the filth known as the paparazzi when she was at the lowest point in her life.
Didn't Britney at one time attend a Baptist church in Louisiana?

Upvote 0

SistrNChrist

Aug 17, 2006
NYC
✟30,387.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Didn't Britney at one time attend a Baptist church in Louisiana?

acttr
acttr
I don't know if she did or not, but I sincerely hope her father wasn't a Christian, because he's the kind of person that gives all believers a bad name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
acttr
acttr
I don't know if she did or not, but I sincerely hope her father wasn't a Christian, because he's the kind of person that gives all believers a bad name.
What I guess I mean is that she will presumably have heard the Gospel and the Scriptures; rather different from the media / celebrity diet with which she has been associated.

Upvote 0

iplay4JC

Isa. 54:17
Nov 1, 2009
USA
✟7,782.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I rarely listen to secular music genres these days. In fact I find them all offensive and vulgar.

When I'm in the mood, I'll listen to some classic rock bands like Boston, Cream, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Aerosmith, etc. Or I'll throw in some Dream Theater, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani or Rush.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,182.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
music today is just not as good as it was between the 50s to the 80s. There are only some artists that I will listen to. And I don't think its fair to pick on Britneys father. Just because shes turned into something odd doesnt give people the right to judge him.

Upvote 0