South Carolina
✟94,571.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is it okay to say that there are some artists who rub me the wrong way? I am not saying I dislike or hate them because I don't. They sometimes write tweets or say things in interviews that I find off-putting. For example, I love her music but it seems like Mariah Carey just rubs me the wrong way and so does Dave Grohl. I liked him with the Foo Fighters and Nirvana but he is another artist who rubs me the wrong way. Is it fair that he seems rather elitist when it comes to music or am I wrong in that opinion? Are there artists who rub you the wrong way based on interviews and such?

Last edited:

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lik3 said:
Is it okay to say that there are some artists who rub me the wrong way? I am not saying I dislike or hate them because I don't. They sometimes write tweets or say things in interviews that I find off-putting. For example, I love her music but it seems like Mariah Carey just rubs me the wrong way and so does Dave Grohl. I liked him with the Foo Fighters and Nirvana but he is another artist who rubs me the wrong way. Is it fair that he seems rather elitist when it comes to music or am I wrong in that opinion? Are there artists who rub you the wrong way based on interviews and such?

You can have an opinion about anything, and you shouldn't worry about what other people think of your opinion. If you think there are some artists that "rub you wrong", then you can speak about them and shouldn't worry about what anyone else says about you or your opinion. There are some artists that really annoy me though.

Reactions: Lik3
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Kanye West (in fact I hesitate to call him an artist)
Just to add to that:

Miley Cyrus
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj
Britney Spears
Taylor Swift
Lady Gaga
Keisha
Rihanna
Beyonce

It isn't that I don't like some of their songs, it's that whoever is putting their image together (that they are going along with) is all about imagery and symbolism that is designed to offend.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Taylor Swift? In what way does her image offend?

Just like with many of these female artists they did the whole 'good girl gone bad' shtick with her in her performances. The overt virginal to sex object performance transformation. It's practically formulaic at this point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Just to add to that:

Miley Cyrus
Katy Perry
Nicki Minaj
Britney Spears
Taylor Swift
Lady Gaga
Keisha
Rihanna
Beyonce

It isn't that I don't like some of their songs, it's that whoever is putting their image together (that they are going along with) is all about imagery and symbolism that is designed to offend.

I'm guessing you left out Justin Bieber by mistake. Oh wait. You were going with females. Never mind.:D

Upvote 0

XB3LI3V3RX

Animal Lover
May 8, 2013
Tennessee
✟16,341.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Y'all pretty much named the majority of "artists" I was talking about as being annoying. Especially Bieber after all of his messes he's made and West claiming that his job being a rapper was like being a soldier. If only he was half as brave as our soldiers he would have the sense enough to not even think of something so ridiculous.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

Bagginz84

I just can't stand Pink.

Upvote 0

ladyjazz

Apr 16, 2014
Michigan USA
✟8,033.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Lol, yes a few bug me. Pink, eminem ( never smiles, arrogant) michael jackson ( only like one song, but i like it alot) mike just kinda went haywire. I feel sorry for him in ways. He messed up his face soooo bad. But poppy soul like his i dislike. Greatest entertainer ever tho. Cher. Heuy lewis/news. The knack bugged me. Hootie/blowfish. Too commercial and my nomination for THE WORST? Madonna! Mediocre singer. Mediocre dancer. Anti-Christ/God and used controversy and shock to sell cds. Shes very self-absorbed, she kisses girls and stuff to stay in the spotlight. Im from Michigan like her. I was involved in music here and we have much, much more talented folks than her. No offense to fsns. But wow, i dislike her most of all!

Upvote 0