• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@fragilewingz, you are right, Shawn Cross is an amazing artist.

Do you wish to share how any of the drawings that you posted express how you feel about the family issues you mentioned?

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh OK. Public domain music is fine.

Thank you so much for this gift. It means a lot to me. This is the first time anyone has ever made a tribute like this to my work. This thread gives me a boost in art confidence. :)

Keep up the good work bro, your art gives expression to so many peoples realities - that is the main contributing factor making your art so good! You have learned to express your pain and give it shape and perspective, if not attitude!

I love that! All good art carries such qualities I reckon. I cal them light beams - demonstrations of His truth in very original settings proceeding from our spirits like that.

Be blessed my friend expressing the truth. B The Truth beautiful, or be He ugly and despised, He is our Lord.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mood lately.......
Sackcloth.jpg

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jeshu,

What does this image mean to you? What part of the image speaks to you?

source:Die Bilder -> Sack Und Asche Bibel

Thanks for finding the source of that picture, how do you do that?

About being in sackcloth it is hard to explain this without being triggered too much but I will try and share some of the fundamental reason I wear sackcloth.

The main reason is that I mourn our Heavenly Father and brother. I mourn them because I have done The Truth so much harm believing lies about Him, other people, and myself in particular!

The lies I believed about myself have brought so much separation and division between The Truth and myself in lies that pondering on that makes me so incredible sad that I would have treated our Lord, not only in Trinity, but in how I have treated all life - all around me stuck in those bloody lies ruling my inner world of being.

For example me in my damned psychosis and my cursed P.T.S.D rages have created seemingly unmovable barriers between myself and my loved ones in many areas of our lives together because I treated them so badly a mad person.

While The Truth knew I never wanted to do that! Yet in life in lies down here it didn't matter how much I said sorry those horrible barriers stayed in place. My own deeds hurting me badly time and again.

The pain over the years has reached critical stage that is how much I have hurt (and raged,) this Ugly Truth in my life at myself. Yet in Truth He is my Lord and has done nothing wrong, neither did my loved ones. They are often also overcome by the bad life I brought down on them, just like I myself always been, truly my kids to be in bad life.

And then Jesus comes to me in my raging self and tells me He loves me, and no matter how I raged at Him and accused Him and blamed Him in the past all is forgiven. I know He is true and I'm not and overcome by evil when I'm like that.

And then to make matter even much worse I continue hating myself, and want to harm myself, and do away with myself a sinner and then fuel myself up with even more wrong - such a catch 22!

Best not keep going but I'm sure you get the picture.

The worst is that I've been keeping The Truth at bay in these parts of myself hurting His Hell along with Him about that. Crucifying Him time and again in real life. While I know The Truth is that everything has always been paid for and there has been no reason to hurt God, others or myself at all. Those bloody lies ruling caused all that to hurt to happen in real life.

If only I had humbled myself to His truth earlier on instead of fornicating evil hating his chosen ones in me, albeit that I had fallen in those parts of self.

That is why I'm under a curse I haven't been able to forgive myself, for others haven't, and I hurt our Lord and brother hell me being like that.

hence the sackcloth.

this is the state of my heart like now.

Cleaon_peterson-river-of-blood_1024x1024.jpg

(Cleon Peterson. River Of Blood.)

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi
@fragilewingz, you are right, Shawn Cross is an amazing artist.

Do you wish to share how any of the drawings that you posted express how you feel about the family issues you mentioned?
hi @u2spicy... when i first saw his sketches, i broke down. it depicted so clearly the things i could not understand. it's so hard for me to explain right now the exact thoughts i had when i fisrt saw it.. i guess i'll start with the autism spectrum disorder... my brother was always misunderstood coz of his condition. the sketch showed a child, with eyes so lonely and innocent. the sewn up lips show how autistic kids (whether high functioning or low functioning) are unable / struggling to express themselves in the way normal people can. the sketch shows curled up toes and fingernails scratching the floor - and i remembered how my brother struggled to find ways to make us understand what he was going through...
the part that hit me the most was the gaping mouth on the skull. i just dont know how to explain it, but it reminded me of my brothers verbal tics - how he's say stuff that didnt make sense over and over and over again... its so hottible how difficult it was for him to express himself.. there was so much going through his mind that he wanted to say...

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
20170623213553.jpg

another image for depression... i struggle with negative thinking so much. everyday is like a battle to win over my mind... we are out own worst enemies. i find that writing and doing devotionals helps me clear my thoughts a lot... i do art and paint with different mediums (landscapes) , sketch faces (mostly sad girls and eyes) and do digital art on photoshop for a living. but i constantly criticize my work and i feel like i'm never good enough... because of this depression, i have never felt so small, insignificant and trapped.

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The artist's brush I used most of my life was my body and here is a demo of the type of movement I used to express myself as Choreographed and danced by Maria Edner and Sofia Birging.

Today I picked this dance to Bittersweet Symphony as it reminds me of all the posts I read here about all of us and our struggles together: Life is bitter sweet!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Jeshu Thank you so much for sharing this work with us.

This is a powerful expression of your feelings of pain, guilt, remorse, and anger, and you are heard and understood and most definitely not alone in your sufferings with mental illness.

The images are excellent choices showing how in touch with your feelings that you are-which is a true gift, I feel, as many are just plain numb.

Being so finely tuned makes one, I feel, sensitive to their environment, perhaps more so than others, and therefore more in pain, such as was artist Van Gogh.

Great job with sourcing the second image!

Did you learn how to do a google image search using the jpeg code?

Do you have somewhere to save your writings and images altogether, like a digital journal?

I believe our creations are worth keeping and referring to when reflecting on life.

Do you or anyone else have ideas on how or where to do this?

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i find that writing and doing devotionals helps me clear my thoughts a lot... i do art and paint with different mediums (landscapes) , sketch faces (mostly sad girls and eyes) and do digital art on photoshop for a living.

@fragilewingz Thank you fragilewingz, the image is perfect for what you describe as being trapped or imprisoned in ones own mind, struggling for escape or freedom from the torture of ones own thoughts!

You are inspiring me to try and journal. I want to get out the negative thoughts too.

What kinds of journals do you use? do you just use a sketch book to both write and draw?

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jeshu Thank you so much for sharing this work with us.

This is a powerful expression of your feelings of pain, guilt, remorse, and anger, and you are heard and understood and most definitely not alone in your sufferings with mental illness.

The images are excellent choices showing how in touch with your feelings that you are-which is a true gift, I feel, as many are just plain numb.

Being so finely tuned makes one, I feel, sensitive to their environment, perhaps more so than others, and therefore more in pain, such as was artist Van Gogh.

Great job with sourcing the second image!

Did you learn how to do a google image search using the jpeg code?

Do you have somewhere to save your writings and images altogether, like a digital journal?

I believe our creations are worth keeping and referring to when reflecting on life.

Do you or anyone else have ideas on how or where to do this?

I can't draw for nuts and find little pleasure in it, though I love drawings of others with artistic ability, I do like to write. For years I prayed to God on paper it was a very wise thing to do! I learned so much about myself doing that, both good and bad but all turned out fine in the end. Another real good thabit I picked up was learning to read the bible listening to my heart as I was reading, rather than the demons surrounding it, and started to make sense of who I was for real, and what wasn't for real.

It has always amazed me how well The Word knows me when I take His Word personal and how wonderfully He can rebuild those parts of our lives we open up to Him. Where bad becomes good, and shackled becomes free, and dumb becomes smart, and closed becomes open, and wrong becomes right and our pain produces good life instead of more suffering, and so on....

So good to know God's love is true for that shapes our tormentors into the demons they truly are and I can't wait to see them burn in hell and humanity free from their influences once and for all.

Come Lord Jesus. Please come quickly is always true!

Oh Come, Glorious Judgment!

Judgment Day begins when you meet up with Jesus,
He will search out your heart completely,
dividing the sheep from the goat!

He will address your inner lovelessness with His love,
and chase the clinging coldness away,
from death setting your soul wholly free!

Truly Judgment Day, is a day of ecstatic joy,
freedom for all those hurting and killed,
Only His Loving Truth ruling your inner reality.

Bad religion shall no longer cause any bother,
As His loving joy now finds deeper root,
Lush growth replacing all the deadness!

Yet Judgment Day will be the end of your fear,
As no terror may travel on The Way,
All of you in union, praising the Lamb!

Your big I, gets new function in the rear,
Loving Jesus ruling as king in place!
You loving our Heavenly Father dearly.

In all your life's deeds The Son you'll meet,
Answerable for all that you have done,
In good and bad His truth visiting you!

Judgment Day is about being rightly placed,
good and loving upfront - to B(b)e -
all bad behind - passing away!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i guess i'll start with the autism spectrum disorder... my brother was always misunderstood coz of his condition. the sketch showed a child, with eyes so lonely and innocent. the sewn up lips show how autistic kids (whether high functioning or low functioning) are unable / struggling to express themselves in the way normal people can. the sketch shows curled up toes and fingernails scratching the floor - and i remembered how my brother struggled to find ways to make us understand what he was going through...

How are you and your brother doing now when it comes to communication, fragilewingz?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

@Jeshu, what part of the lyrics speak best to your heart?

How Can It Be
Songwriters: Jason Ingram / Jeff Johnson / Paul Mabury

I am guilty
Ashamed of what I've done, what I've become
These hands are dirty
I dare not lift them up to the Holy one
You plead my cause
You right my wrongs
You break my chains
You overcome
You gave Your life
To give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be
How can it be
I've been hiding
Afraid I've let you down, inside I doubt
That You still love me
But in Your eyes there's only grace now
You plead my cause
You right my wrongs
You break my chains
You overcome
You gave Your life
To give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be
How can it be
Though I fall, You can make me new
From this death I will rise with You
Oh the grace reaching out for me
How can it be

How Can It Be lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Essential Music Publishing, Music Services, Inc

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jeshu, what part of the lyrics speak best to your heart?

How Can It Be
Songwriters: Jason Ingram / Jeff Johnson / Paul Mabury

I am guilty
Ashamed of what I've done, what I've become
These hands are dirty
I dare not lift them up to the Holy one
You plead my cause
You right my wrongs
You break my chains
You overcome
You gave Your life
To give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be
How can it be
I've been hiding
Afraid I've let you down, inside I doubt
That You still love me
But in Your eyes there's only grace now
You plead my cause
You right my wrongs
You break my chains
You overcome
You gave Your life
To give me mine
You say that I am free
How can it be
How can it be
Though I fall, You can make me new
From this death I will rise with You
Oh the grace reaching out for me
How can it be

How Can It Be lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Essential Music Publishing, Music Services, Inc

Without a doubt the following lines I need to internalize the most for they speak best!

"You plead my cause!
You right my wrongs!
You break my chains!
You overcome!
You gave Your life
to give me mine!
You say that I am free!
How can it be?
How can it be?
"

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How are you and your brother doing now when it comes to communication, fragilewingz?

250744_2c063d13101d87c841fbcc0b40eda53c.jpg

hi... I taught him how to type maybe 3yrs ago... so he used writing stories as a tool to express himself. but, our situation has not improved unfortunately. I keep praying for God to heal him - to remove all the anger and hopelessness he is feeling. it's so hard to communicate with somebody who is so frustrated with his condition. whenever we try to reach out to him he reacts so negatively (like getting defensive /angry/ turning the blame on us)...

Upvote 0

fragilewingz

i AM pi@h...
Aug 17, 2014
i AM... all alone
✟16,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@fragilewingz Thank you fragilewingz, the image is perfect for what you describe as being trapped or imprisoned in ones own mind, struggling for escape or freedom from the torture of ones own thoughts!

You are inspiring me to try and journal. I want to get out the negative thoughts too.

What kinds of journals do you use? do you just use a sketch book to both write and draw?
@u2spicy I cannot thank you enough for starting this thread. I have this compulsion to keep writing so that my mind could relax from all the thoughts that keep flowing through... so journals. i don't know how many i've filled up since 2012.. but i would write/draw on ANYTHING. I've got memory problems so once an idea passes by i have to capture it before I forget... i do have a sketchbook as well. but i suck at sketching.

Upvote 0