• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm going to get into some photography I didn't make. I absolutely fell in love with this photo so much that I made it into my desktop background.

View attachment 210600

Wolves have a well earned reputation for being dangerous. This picture makes me think that under the right conditions, they can turn out to be rather OK animals to be around. It reminds me that good can be found in even the worst of us. Sometimes all we need is a warm and loving hug.

"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them." ~Isaiah 11:6

Awesome photo @Wayholka!
great photo bro

niceweek.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I feel like this very often nowadays.

Every day I read news articles about hate crimes towards people on the spectrum. I read statistics on how crappy we have it. I read forum posts on how we're burdens to society. I read blogs and hate sites on how we're responsible for abusive relationships, mass shootings, and now the recession. I read video comments that use Autism as an insult. I read history books about how we are either sterilized, institutionalized, or even exterminated. I know there's a company that portrays us as something that needs to be wiped out.

All it takes it for the wrong people to take power and suddenly I'm considered life unworthy of life.

View attachment 211838

nice work, @Wayholka, really well done to keep it in back and white, no color, to illustrate the dismal feelings of being less than, as well as marked.

Here is a great reference to the memorial wall to all who were killed for being disabled, both mentally and physically: Remembering the Nazis' Disabled Victims

"“The ‘T4’ memorial confronts us today with the harrowing Nazi ideology of presuming life can be measured by "usefulness."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gerbilwoman

Gerbil Queen
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2014
USA
✟435,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel like this very often nowadays.

Every day I read news articles about hate crimes towards people on the spectrum. I read statistics on how crappy we have it. I read forum posts on how we're burdens to society. I read blogs and hate sites on how we're responsible for abusive relationships, mass shootings, and now the recession. I read video comments that use Autism as an insult. I read history books about how we are either sterilized, institutionalized, or even exterminated. I know there's a company that portrays us as something that needs to be wiped out.

All it takes it for the wrong people to take power and suddenly I'm considered life unworthy of life.

View attachment 211838

i relate to this so very much, like you, if Hitler ruled us today i be a goner too. Such a sad reality that such hatred still lives in peoples hearts today and presses it down on its victims. i know that the king who once was, now is not, but will rule for a short time to come, is the dragon beast of Revelation, but in my nightmares the numbered persecuting the chosen wear nazi boots and black uniforms. Just as we both know them to be - darkness reaching out of bad life trying to squash the light in our good lives and making it wrong.

However you are The Lord's brother. Our Creator doesn't make less than right - we people do - we make His good bad - all the time - and so much life is affected! It is a pain when we are in the wrong side though! Yet wouldn't Jesus know the truth? Jesus knows who is true and who is not. He also knows who hates and who loves, and who seeks right and who delights in wrong. Good to know don't you reckon bro?

Psalm 139 is just as true for you as it is for anyone who love right to be true and hates bad life attacking.

Peace

Psalm 139
You have searched me, Lord,
and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you, Lord, know it completely.
You hem me in behind and before,
and you lay your hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.
If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,’
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place,
when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed body;
all the days ordained for me were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
How precious to me are your thoughts, God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand –
when I awake, I am still with you.

If only you, God, would slay the wicked!
Away from me, you who are bloodthirsty!
They speak of you with evil intent;
your adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, Lord,
and abhor those who are in rebellion against you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies.
Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tried a few new artistic techniques with this one. This was a great learning experience.

I was inspired by a photograph of a wolf caught in a bear trap in a mud pit. It looked like it was howling in pain or as if it was screaming for help. It was only a matter of time before certain death came for that poor animal. That picture tied a knot in my stomach.

Many of us are caught in a snare that leaves us trapped and waiting for an even more dreaded expectation of what is to come. While we all wallow in the mud, we try to convince ourselves that we are going to be OK and that someone will come and save us. Sometimes that rescue never comes.

View attachment 212901

thank you my friend, what a gripping depiction of the pain and struggle that you carry.

Who else can relate to this awesome creation by wayholka?

Check out this bible verse and description about King Davids crying out to God:

What does it mean that God collects our tears in a bottle?

Upvote 0