• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Artistic expressions thread

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jeshu, what story is this drawing telling?
View attachment 209731

Artist: Davan Hamilton

It is a picture depicting my daily battles with my demons and how Jesus takes care of my enemies when i keep my focus on His truth and not the lies attacking.

Victorious-Christ.png

• Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes we do have a lot of deadly animals Down Under but overall they are not much of a problem when people are careful it is when people do silly things that they end up getting hurt. Like a drunk man dying after being bitten 53 times by a brown snake because he didn't think it mattered being drunk. We do have a few human lives lost due to shark attacks however, mainly surfers, however in perspective there are people in the water Down Under almost 24/7 so to speak so the chances to get bitten by a shark are very low. It is more likely to be hit by lightening or die from almost another cause around before shark attacks death begin to come into play, that is how low statistically people are likely to be eaten by a shark. However only last summer we lost a 17 year old girl in our Church because of shark attack so it does still happen.

have a look at this awesome video about the matter.

Statistics aside... Australia is frightening. Those spiders are what would make me advocating colonizing Mars, or living on an orbital station.

I couldn't handle one of those face-grabbers dropping in my lap while driving.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Statistics aside... Australia is frightening. Those spiders are what would make me advocating colonizing Mars, or living on an orbital station.

I couldn't handle one of those face-grabbers dropping in my lap while driving.

i tell you the truth i had once a big huntsman walking across my face while i was driving my car at the top speed allowed 110 kilometers an hour. i do have to admit that freaked me more than a little but i resisted using my hands and kept my eyes on the road so i didn't have an accident.

The huntsman was as big as my fist and covered most of my face luckily he or she was in a tearing hurry to get under my seat.

Big fright that time.:help::help::help:
Photo_NO_2420.JPG

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i tell you the truth i had once a big huntsman walking across my face while i was driving my car at the top speed allowed 110 kilometers an hour. i do have to admit that freaked me more than a little but i resisted using my hands and kept my eyes on the road so i didn't have an accident.

The huntsman was as big as my fist and covered most of my face luckily he or she was in a tearing hurry to get under my seat.

Big fright that time.:help::help::help:
View attachment 209879

oh boy lol

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh boy lol

Huntsman are not poisonous but do have a nasty bite and they jump big distances and crawl through the narrowest of openings. That one in my car came because i left my car window slightly open and it crawled from the car roof onto my head and then over my face and body down under my chair. They are very fast creatures, so the whole incident only took a few seconds to take place. So glad it didn't decide to have a rest on my glasses (lol.)

• Informative
Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Jeshu woah! that is a really scary story-yikes!

you're a real gentle soul for letting them get away, as they were terrified of you as well.

a mouse got stuck in my long, thick hair. we were both freaked out, and i was never so happy as when he figured out how to get out and ran away!

there was one on my stove last year, but he was so sweet and innocent, I couldn't hit him. He has beautiful eyes and a nice shiny coat.

He reminded me of my little pet hammster.

I let him go .

It wasn't fun to have mice, but they were precious little creatures to me, creations of the good l-rd's.

Instead of traps, I found the ways they were getting in and sealed them up.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm doing fine at the moment but starting tomorrow I'm going on a caffeine and sugar fast for the next couple weeks. It's going to be Hell but I think I can use art to take my mind off of it. Hopefully.

wow! Please go for it and share what you can/want in the thread with us. I'm so happy for you that you have this tremendous gift!

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Jeshu woah! that is a really scary story-yikes!

you're a real gentle soul for letting them get away, as they were terrified of you as well.

a mouse got stuck in my long, thick hair. we were both freaked out, and i was never so happy as when he figured out how to get out and ran away!

there was one on my stove last year, but he was so sweet and innocent, I couldn't hit him. He has beautiful eyes and a nice shiny coat.

He reminded me of my little pet hammster.

I let him go .

It wasn't fun to have mice, but they were precious little creatures to me, creations of the good l-rd's.

Instead of traps, I found the ways they were getting in and sealed them up.

i love spiders they catch flies and are very useful in other ways. i never try and harm any of them and always try and catch them and bring them back outside. Mice and rats we have more problems with, but yes like you we like to keep them outside.

As snake food preferable for mice and rats can get numerous in a massive hurry if unchecked in Australia. If it wasn't for the massive big tiger snake we have living behind the chicken run, we be run over by rats over there in no time. Strangely the snake doesn't harm the chicken nor eats their eggs - at least so far it hasn't and it has been living there for years as far as we know keep the rodents in check.

Once we took in someone from the street and had him living in a caravan next to our house. Any way he often forgot to close the doors and so we got tons of mice inside the house. We caught them as well and let them go again but to our frustration they came back and ate their way through our fly wired windows to get back inside so we had to bring them very far away so thy couldn't find their way back to our home in real pain when that happens. It took this person a long time to learn to close the doors that was frustrating too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i love spiders they catch flies and are very useful in other ways. i never try and harm any of them and always try and catch them and bring them back outside. Mice and rats we have more problems with, but yes like you we like to keep them outside.

As snake food preferable for mice and rats can get numerous in a massive hurry if unchecked in Australia. If it wasn't for the massive big tiger snake we have living behind the chicken run, we be run over by rats over there in no time. Strangely the snake doesn't harm the chicken nor eats their eggs - at least so far it hasn't and it has been living there for years as far as we know keep the rodents in check.

Once we took in someone from the street and had him living in a caravan next to our house. Any way he often forgot to close the doors and so we got tons of mice inside the house. We caught them as well and let them go again but to our frustration they came back and ate their way through our fly wired windows to get back inside so we had to bring them very far away so thy couldn't find their way back to our home in real pain when that happens. It took this person a long time to learn to close the doors that was frustrating too.

ah, such kindness to g-ds creations, @Jeshu, I'm so proud of you! It is hard work, it sure is, and they will come back if you don't take them far away, that is for sure!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sure, I'll see what I can come up with. I am very happy you all like my art in this topic. Be sure to give God the glory for giving me some ability to draw, a mind that constantly day dreams, and a life to inspire works that inspire emotion in some of the folks here on CF.
oh yes, to G-d be the Glory!

Upvote 0

teresa

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
united states
✟285,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love this image, as it shows how I'm feeling right now. My therapist is so proud of me for standing up for myself! Wow! I told her I was frustrated and needed more from therapy and she not only stepped up, but also commended me! Certainly, I expected to be chastised, even threatened, but no, she accepted the criticism, recognized that it was truth, and bettered both herself as well as her client.

Amazingly beautiful and unexpected response. I'm so used to beat downs and rejections. She makes me feel my own power! YAY!

abf1b19acaed92e4e5a32bc875eebe2e.jpg

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
whitewolf.jpg

This painting reminds me of the white wolf in the Native American story, (tho i like to see green eyes instead of brown ones,) i like that myth a lot, for it taught me so much more than just about a legendary lone wolf.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An invitation to The Chosen.

God's Love will not take or will
you to conform to rules or demand
which imprison, enslave, burn or kill you.

God's Love will not pervert what's good
or otherwise love other then The Truth always said
True Love was, is and always will be Good!

In God's Love you are free to be right!
For in His love everything is good proper and kind
He loves all who love good and true to rule!

His Love is caring, providing, and sharing.
His Love always enjoys and protects good life.
His love rules even when bad life has being in us!

Hear Jesus call - Come join up with us all!
Leave whatever ties you down and be free
and love good life with all God's own.

To the rest in your heart God's asks
how long will you tarry in the darkness?
Please leave such bad existence within.

For life must not, no never should, or would, or could,
be forceful, rude, prideful, arrogant, selfish, lustful
or otherwise be untrue to God's loving truth.

Neither should life be hurting or ill,
hungry, oppressed, despised, hated
or otherwise have existence in wrong.

The Church knows that Jesus is coming soon
All bad life will be our shameful past then,
so please leave your bad life while you can!

Love

• Winner
Upvote 0