Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The problem with just keeping a tight lid on your anger is that eventually the pressure will build up in such a way that you will ultimately explode
Its not just that - Anger is a response - keeping a lid on it is fine if it means - Dont become a violent person or allow your emotion to be expressed in nonconstructive ways - eg shouting in a meeting.

But being angered/annoyed at something that in your opinion isnt right, is the first step - You have identified an issue - next step is to think through the ways to deal with the issue.

I do like your views that its a good idea for all of us to exercise - ALL OF US - GET UP AND EXERCISE - and Yoga - wow such a great thing to do - Keep limber, balanced and flexible everyone. Theres so much research now showing direct links to mental function/brain deterioration/Alzheimer and exercise. Its demonstrated in your 30s upwards - get up and exercise at least 5 days/week for minimum 30 mins at a level that has you out of breath.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Just a note on priests; in Christianity a priest is not a mediator or sacrifice-offerer; the word is a contraction of the Greek word for "elder." Priests are meant to be elders and leaders, but can never take the place of Christ.
Did you watch Q&A last night?
A Church in Crisis

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Its not just that - Anger is a response - keeping a lid on it is fine if it means - Dont become a violent person or allow your emotion to be expressed in nonconstructive ways - eg shouting in a meeting.

Oh yes, I definitely agree! *Temporarily* it's fine to put a lid on it, so just to clarify here that what I meant was about long term suppression of anger.

Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,242.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not yet, Zoii, although I understand it's an important episode.

(Very busy trying to get everything ready for special services tomorrow etc; how come we're at the beginning of Lent already??)

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not yet, Zoii, although I understand it's an important episode.

(Very busy trying to get everything ready for special services tomorrow etc; how come we're at the beginning of Lent already??)
Do you wear..ummm is it purple or green? BTW - Ive decided to sit the GAMSAT exam- Ive decided postgrad to try for entry to medicine.... I think it will place me better where I want to be - working for women in difficult circumstances.

Upvote 0

fschmidt

Oct 30, 2010
El Paso, TX
Visit site
✟25,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Ugh this is just awful. This issue - this prevalence of christian malevolence towards women and women's issues, is one of the main issues that has turned me away from Christianity.
You should be pleased to know that I am not Christian.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Anger was given to us to know when there was an injustice or as a way to get the capacity to fight off danger.

The problem with cultivating anger is that it allows us to become prone to sin and takes away our compassion. It leads to bitterness, malice, slander, brawling and is not a good witness.

Any anger should be dealt with. By all means feel it but then decide what to do about it. It should be given over to God with a prayer for wisdom with how to proceed. To be left in a continual state of anger at something is not good, the effects it has on our bodies for one.

I am not innocent in this. I have some anger towards my government (because of how it has been treating the sick in society-not how it has treated me) but most often towards my oldest child. He deliberately is negative and tries to annoy/hurt everyone for his own amusement. It is hard to keep getting rid of all anger and the only way it is possible for me to do it is by remembering God's grace and forgiveness of me.

As far as feminism is concerned, anger derived from the injustice should be a spur to strategise on how to raise the issue but all care should be taken to put the emotion away. It is hard to live with the fruit of the spirit with co-existing anger. Pull out those shoots of discord before they grow into a bigger problem.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Jon, I think you still don't understand that you're posting outside of the rules for this forum. Your posts are the equivalent of a Baptist posting "harlot of Babylon" posts in the Catholic forum, or a Catholic posting how Baptists are outside the church in the Baptist forum. Egalitarian Christians get tired of defending, again and again, why women should be fully included in the ministry of the church, and that's why this forum was created.

But, I'll address a couple of your posts anyway.

I am still confused as to your position. Are you claiming that these verses are not in the Bible? Or are you claiming that they have been mistranslated? Or maybe inserted at a later date? Or maybe you feel that only verses that support your world-view should be acknowledged?

I am also left wondering how you think I used them "to marginalize others"?

I claim that you are considering only some verses in the Bible and not others. You have cited the verses that appear to exclude women from church ministry, and you have not cited the verses that appear to include women in church ministry. You have not argued why the first group of verses allow you to ignore the second group of verses. You interpret and apply the relevant Bible passages differently from the way we in Egalitarian Christians do, and you have not satisfactorily argued why your way of applying the Scriptures is better than ours.

This is (very specifically!) not the place to make your argument. I invite you to start a thread in a forum like General Theology if you want to argue for the exclusion of women from Christian ministry. (But not in the Egalitarian Christians forum, as it would violate our Statement of Purpose.)

1 Timothy 2:12, 1 Corinthians 14:34-35.

It is good that you do not label yourself a Christian.

I want to address this post separately. You have just told a Seeker -- a person interested in Christianity, but still undecided -- that it would be better for her to leave Christianity than to be a Christian who supports women in positions of leadership. Is that truly what you meant to say?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,226,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON

Egalitarian Christians Statement of Purpose
Some specific guidelines for this forum include:
1. This is a safehouse forum for Egalitarian Christians. Criticizing or mocking members hold that view is not allowed.
2. This forum is intended to be informational and not for debate. There may be some disagreements, but these should be handled with grace towards one another rather than attacking one another.
3. Abortion cannot be promoted on Christian Forums.
4. Members of this forum may come from all denominations, and may hold a range of positions on the ordination of women as leaders, pastors, or sacramental ministers within the Church. These differing views may be explored within this forum, but that women are called to share in the work of the church alongside their brothers may not be debated. Ordained women and their ministries are to be respected in this forum.

House Rules:
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good grief, that's.... sickening. Surely no one who has listened to the trauma and broken lives of abuse victims can really believe a woman faithfully preaching and administering the sacraments is worse? :(
But unfortunately some do.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Who gets to decide if you are a "member of this faith group
The Grand High Poo Bah
Is there an application form?
yes there is
An online test perhaps?

Yes there is and a practicum as well - You must also learn the secret handshake, and be able to stand on your head while drinking a glass of water while reciting the books of the bible. Tips on handling these tests are available at a small cost to the consumer.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
But unfortunately some do.

And because many still do (and what part of "love thy neighbor" do these apparently nominal Christians fail to understand?), it is just one reason why feminism seems to still be very much necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it is just one reason why feminism seems to still be very much necessary.
Egalitarianism, anyway. I do not see “feminism” as egalitarian at all. (But we are probably working off of differing definitions of “feminism”)

Upvote 0