✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Just moved down to Fort Huachuca for training last Friday, so I'll be residing here about 5 months.

Welcome! I'm hoping to get down to that part of AZ in the next few weeks.

Best five months, Soldier. Make sure you get around while you're here. Been to Tombstone yet?

If you haven't, go. :) It's what, 30 minutes from SV?

Do they have affordable housing? I saw $40 a day and it made all the cities look good.

Sure, one person could survive in the Phoenix area on $40 a day (been there, done that, couldn't afford the t-shirt). If you're looking to rent...how many people and what size place are you thinking?

Upvote 0

PaladinWithGun2

Warning: Contents Under Pressure
May 20, 2006
Huntsville, Texas
✟18,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hail from Yuma. Lived there for 21 years. Now I'm desperate to get back. Desert natives in Yukon winters do not happy people make. I'd love to move to Prescott, perhaps. But it's so hard moving out of Canada. :cry:
Winter in the Yukon...OUCH! I thought I had it rough in Germany! You are a brave soul. (Or perhaps the reason its hard to leave Canada is you've gotten flash-frozen in place lol)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Salamon

Dec 16, 2006
Hmm.... Where do I live??
✟15,581.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey yall I just found this forum section and though I do not live in AZ anymore my family lived in Yuma, AZ for probably about 12 years.
We lived there for 8 years I would say then moved to Japan (Big change!) for 3 years then back to AZ for 4 more years and just this last July in 06 we moved to where we now live in Maryland (Another big change!) Is anyone else from the Yuma AZ area?? Phoenix is about 3 hours I would say from Yuma, and though I'm sure some of you know were it is for those who dont Yuma is the city in the very bottom left corner right on the border of California and pretty close to Mexico

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

elsbeth

Out of my mind...back in 5 Minutes.
Oct 26, 2006
AZ
Visit site
✟8,929.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My husband and I grew up in Yuma, got married there. We moved to Payson about 14 yrs. ago. I even taught at Yuma high School and my Dad taught there before me. My Mom taught at Crane Elementary. We miss friends and Mexican food (CHILI PEPPER!). But we sure don't miss the heat.

Upvote 0

Salamon

Dec 16, 2006
Hmm.... Where do I live??
✟15,581.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hey that's cool! Yes dont miss the heat but do miss friends and yes the Mexican food. Though I never did go to Chilli Pepper that much it seems to be a drawing point for many. I have some friends in California who would visit just to go there.

Upvote 0