Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can imagine the public outrage if militarized police busted into a Catholic Church and arrested an unarmed Catholic while they were praying with a Rosary in their hand. I can hear the outcries of persecution and infringement upon religious freedom.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I am glad that, for now, I was wrong.

Just on the spraying/hosing water note: that action is such a complex, compound and sinister act in and of itself - and not only because it was freezing already. I am not saying the cops necessarily understands the implications, but SOMEONE does...

I highly doubt the pipeline will be rerouted; the natives have enough heart, but not enough money or influence.

Trump is heavily invested in that pipeline. His money will go to getting it in somewhere, but hopefully, off Indian land---if the people want it, then let it be on their land, not the Indian land. They've got precious little of what used to be theirs.

When have the people every had anything except a pyrrhic victory in fights for social, cultural and existential rights?

I have to be THAT pessimist guy for this situation... and I won't deplete myself of oxygen waiting for Trump to beautifully save the day (Trumps' financial finger is vastly stretched, despite the size of his palms :) .)

Wow....

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is Grandmother Regina Brave. She is 80 years old. The police arrested her yesterday during the raid at Standing Rock.

ReginaBraveArrested.jpg

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can imagine the public outrage if militarized police busted into a Catholic Church and arrested an unarmed Catholic while they were praying with a Rosary in their hand. I can hear the outcries of persecution and infringement upon religious freedom.

I don't think they could do that legally. Hence, that's why immigrants can take up sanctuary in our churches.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think they could do that legally. Hence, that's why immigrants can take up sanctuary in our churches.

It was not suppose to happen on protected treaty land either but it did. Treaty rights and tribal sovereignty, as well as civil and human rights, were trampled on and violated by the BIA, the National Guard and a militarized police force in Standing Rock.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It was not suppose to happen on protected treaty land either but it did. Treaty rights and tribal sovereignty, as well as civil and human rights, were trampled on and violated by the BIA, the National Guard and a militarized police force in Standing Rock.

I'm detecting a double standard. I love being able to freely practice my religion. It's a shame your people aren't allowed to do the same.

Thank you for being a voice that carries about this.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,720.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Is this America? Taking 26 year-olds with brain tumors out of hospitals in order to deport them? Sending in troops to evict people from their sacred lands? My weeping Statue of Liberty pic becomes more and more realistic every day.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this America? Taking 26 year-olds with brain tumors out of hospitals in order to deport them? Sending in troops to evict people from their sacred lands? My weeping Statue of Liberty pic becomes more and more realistic every day.

Yes, this is America. This is how America has always been and how America began. What happened in Standing Rock is nothing new to Native Americans. The United States of America and its federal government have always treated our people like we are expendable. Forced removal, marginalization, subjugation, oppression and discrimination against our people is nothing new.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,720.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is so good to participate in this forum and see how compassionate people are. It is so sad to see our relative powerlessness, which, although I hope it's only temporary, will not come soon enough to prevent these outrages from happening.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,720.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I really hope that Wesley Clark, Jr. may get more involved in national politics. He is such a wonderful spokesperson for environmental and veterans causes. His father, Gen. Wesley Clark, ran for president briefly. He led our troops in Kosovo in the 1990's.

We need young, dynamic, passionate and ethical leaders.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0